Race change

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Oberaan
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Lords~/dRUNK mONKIES
Race: System Lord/Goa'uld
ID: 0

Race change

I was wondering everyones opinion. Right now changing your race causes you to lose all your trained units. I think that this should either be tiered 1st free 2nd 1/4 3rd 1/2 4th all. It gives people a chance to find the race that fits their style of play without having less then the brandnew players :P. That and/or I feel retraining should cost less as it would add more versatility to gameplay. Opinions??

Ok no Gou'ald's use this this is the real me :P I am a snake in Main and prefer to be one though I made the mistake of wanting to try out the Asgard def is great but I love the RP potential of the snakes.
Last edited by Oberaan on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oberaan Lord of the De'Danann
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

Re: Race change

I just switched to Goa'uld so naturally im against the free 1st change =P No biggie i didnt have a heap of units trained.

I think 1 free change would be good for new starters tho.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

but we'd have less asgard to kill :-D
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I thought it stunk pretty bad that a race was added after launch, so if you decide to change race your stuck period.

I would have tried more races, Tok`ra and repli if more changes had been given, but I'm SL through and through so SL I shall remain.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

I'll be looking at the change race mechanics sometime in the next day or two.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

:-D even im TA at main server and have a goauld i think that there should be only one race: GOAULD. Naaah JK... well giving other the oportinty to change races give s them the chance to understand that what ever theychoose if they want to be important they ll have to change to Goauld so lets give them at least one free race change!
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

lol they should stick pwned in brackets beside the other race names and be over and done with it
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Midnight
Forum Regular

Tek wrote:I think 1 free change would be good for new starters tho.

That would work, but the easiest way to limit it, would be to make it only available within the first month of your account. That way, you get a chance to have a feel, but not long enough to take advantage of things (ie. cheap covert levels) and then moving to your preferred race.

I also think that a race change should have initially ongoing effects with your account. Think about it, somewhat more logically... If you suddenly changed race to a... horse, then the ramifications of that would take some time to get used to, before it all becomes "normal" to you.

So perhaps lesson the intial costs for the account but perhpas make it that afetr a race change, income and UP is temporarily lowered as you get accustomed to your new form, also make it that your armies are also very confused.

ie. % chance that they refuse to attack a target {wasting AT's} or that they refuse to defend against an attack {once again % chance to defend, potentially opening defences up to max damage}.

However obviously have it only a temporary problem, like 1-2 weeks. BUt it forces the player to really consider all the options regarding the change. UU, Techs and weapons are easy enough to replace after all...

Return to “Development and Suggestions”