super long post with a few ideals.

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
DCLXVI
Forum Newbie

super long post with a few ideals.

i have been playing sice origins was opened to public. and it has taken until now for me to get forums aproval. so i thought i would trow my ideals out here even tho some of these have been settled already.

there seams to be two competing ideals on the forums.

1) make game into someting where i can't get hurt. turn origins into a stat building game. don't let people get all my wepons. don't let them mass my def. next they will be screaming that assinations are to lope sided and want that changed to where they won't lose any cov units.

2)we want more risk. let us mass someone unil they are zeroed out and have to quit game. let us dominate everyone until we are the only ones playing anymore.

well lets see what the shows taught us.
attack units and wepons.
first the only need for either of these is to attack higher ranked people or to mass someone. but these are safe from all threat. no one can touch my attack units and at most 2% of their weps. i will lose alot units if i attack someone with a huge def so i won't attack anyone with huge def. and since i don't need to keep huge amounts of weps to farm the 0 def people i will have 1 wep and a ton of attack units. Well keeping with the role play aspect of game. there were many times that a race gaind a complete advantage over all others. ancient weps for tarui, jaffa had there ancient wep. asgard blew up a sun do dominate replicators. anubus got ahold of ra's wepon. in every case the other needed to join forces to defeat these threats. But, in every case these threats were eliminated. a dismanleing of the threats attack power. not because it was used up (tho that did happen with the tarui) but because of an direct assult. jaffa didn't lose anything to kill off ori troops. and anubus was able to create troops that were almost indestrucable. so why are my attack troops safe in this game? and why are my attack weps safe. they were never safe in any of the shows.
*maybe there would be someway to create a direct threat to attack and a coridinated attack option a way to alow a group of people to all attack at once to increase effectiveness.

Def units and wepons
currently a large group of players could mass down someones def and wepons with high enough cov and attack. loses on both sides should be higher if you are looking at the role play aspect. anubus attacks with huge nimber of fleets and loses everything to the ancient weps of earth. but a cov team would be able to take the majority of weps from the tarui. one small team was able to take the tauris only ship. and one small team of trust opps were also able to take out a half dozen jaffa planets.
*Maybe as new wepons are released the percentage of weps loss to cov action could go up, and the percentage of lost troops could also increase or decrease based on the type of wepons. one mother ship would destroy a planet of jaffa completely no matter how many staff weps they had.

cov, anti units and levels.
currently there is a trend to eliminate the effectiveness of these units. but the shows have taught us that high cov levels like that of the tokra are devistating to everyone. except those with high anti cov skill lke the replicators. the replicators know what a person is thinking therfor any small group trying to infaltrate them would be destroyed.
*maybe there would be a way to increase the usefulness of these units by being alowed to steal tech when the new techs come out. and having failed attempts on cov give information to the one you are trying to spy, assinate. even if its only cov levels and troop numbers

UP and income
i like the fact that every unit produces income. the shows have taught us that jaffa collect the naq that mines produce. replicators very nature alows any unit not fighting to produce. tokra get more resources everytime they pretend to be gaud. and tarui make deals and get resources thru treaties. and since most races increase there numbers, up is fine.
*maybe tho tokra could get a UP penalty (there is no queen after all) and replicators could get a slight increase. (since any block can create more)

i know that a few of my maybes would make the game harder on some levels and more confusing on others. they would help balance game play with role-play

i know donations are how the game keeps going. what pays for server exc..... maybe a black market like what is in main will help increase donations and give those people that don't want to get hurt a way to quickly rebuild if they happen to anger the DB, or drunk monkies.
Last edited by DCLXVI on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: super long post with a few ideals.

Aside from your unfounded fear for those guys, I think you have just made a very good post. :)

Further analysis and scrutiny to follow.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

there are a few flaws, but for the most part correct.

The problem is finding a fair balance between the 2 extremes, and leaving enough room for a new guy to still compete.

Its not as easy as it sounds.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Egeria
Queen of the Tok'ra
Race: Tok'ra/Altera/Human
ID: 13823
Alternate name(s): ______
Lin - Human host
Zanuf - Tok'ra symbiote
Ayiana - Alteran host of Egeria

DCLXVI wrote:*maybe tho tokra could get a UP penalty (there is no queen after all)

Origins and the show are not the same, young one.

In the show I may not be around any longer, but here on origins I am alive and in good health.

I do not like being called dead.
Lin (Human Host)
Zanuf (Tok'ra Symbiote)
Tok'ra hunter pack
Egeria, Queen of the Tok'ra.
Old characters
Ayiana, Alteran scientist, host of Egeria.
Lut'ien, a Twi'lek Jedi padawan.
Narrative of Laren, host of Ptah. Her thoughts, inaudible.
Ptah, Goa'uld Scientist implanted in Laren. Her thoughts.
Jaffa of Ptah. Speech of the Jaffa.

Click here to see Stargate: Enmity Saga character profile
Anyone interested in blending with a Tok'ra can contact either me, my host Ayiana, Teal'auc, or Johauna, the host of Teal'auc.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”