a few quick sugestions for admins

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

Re: a few quick sugestions for admins

Ok did some testing, went with 480 weps and soliders, strike reach stoped arround page 4 got maybe 1 decent hit all the rest were still due to the repair costs mostly undecent, if you combine that you dont get 100% of naq, and that your strike doesnt do 100% so you gotta have more than you need (eg needed 80k more than some1 because mine kept droping lower...) repairs were arround 600k so yeah either it wasnt done or not done enough could be that ppl were noticing the random variation thingi in repairs..

also repairs are not proportional to the defence youre hitting, if you hit a lower def with a much higer strike, repairs should be smaller than an even defence... not the other way arround sometimes due to total random function that s a logic no1 can deny..

and no the repairs arent the only problem,.. the main problem is there is no trade offs for having a large defence as defence produces naq... for your example heres a guy:

Defensive Action 612,000
Attack Drone Defense Drone Undercover Agents Anti-Intelligence Drone Citizen Drone
400 1320 300 400 545
Army Size: 2,965
so what almost 1/2 in defence :S

why bother having normal "workers" when defenders can mine and defend the income... not to mention the guy has about 2 days worth of turn production out

sorry but that simply is stupid to idk where...

all and all, normal farming still not worth it. Happy to retest it when its "adjusted" :)

EDIT:
@ gen chaos: its not a matter of making farming cheaper its a matter of making attacking active ppl, or i should say "active" ppl cause some1 who has 3 days of income out isnt realy active.... actualy a reality...

atm i we wasted a few 100troops about 12mil naq, didnt even get 1/3 of that back, just naq, not counting troop loss... so yeah, i d sugest looking into something first, be4 talking about it. Cause blind talk without any idea what the discusion is about is kinda pointless...

I got no prob loosing stuf and retesting as many times as its needed, mostlikely i wont have the time to play the server much for real, just wanted to see what it was about so if another test run is needed to get more data, lemme know
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

blahh wrote:if another test run is needed to get more data, lemme know

Will do Blahh. :)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
blahh
Forum Elite

ok to add a bit just did a few hits and noticed this

about 500 weps repairs variate from 170.000 - 600.000 thats alot of "variation" its like more than x3 difference, any logic in that wide field? or is it posible that admin set just the lowes damage posible down while keeping the up one the same cause that would explain why some ppl thought he did something in this directionnn?

but all and managed to find 2 hits in the morning as one repairs were 170 the ohter was 600 made some profit but than again you can get up to 300k per 15 of 0 stats and no repairs so no profit realy :)
We arent evil...

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

That's where I'm at blahh. 45 AT for 600k Naq, with about 100naq damages
blahh
Forum Elite

yeah i know i went back to it too i only bought strike to test when ppl said it was adjusted, theres no point in having a strike atm, but on the other hand, longterm, farming inactives will grow boring soon enough too :)
We arent evil...

Sarevok
Forum Addict

Then it's war? :D
blahh
Forum Elite

server and the nature of things are way too tiny for a decent war i mean aside the lack of turns to have a proper war, theres realy not much you can do, you can lvl me and i ll be back on the same in like 2 days or less so realy no point :D
We arent evil...

Sarevok
Forum Addict

Ya, just like ascended lol
CovenantSlayer
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Replination
Race: Replicator
ID: 2103

adminGary wrote:I've been thinking about reducing the amount of naq generated by UU from 6 per turn per tick to 3. This would reduce the amount of naq generated from 'farm' accounts by 1/2. Something is going to have to be done, and im not sure this will fix it but it is a step in the right direction.

I see a probem with cutting the naq generated by UU from 6 per turn per tick to 3. It will force peole to build bigger defenses, because those defensive units get 10 naq a turn instead of a measely 3 per turn when those units actually had the time to mine, which in turn will kill wars except by the top players. Also cutting the naq will mean the inactives get half as much naq which will mean that instead of me getting a net profit of 100k naq per hit,(a hit is 15 ATs) depending on what varible i get for the repair costs, so i'll have to wait twice as long to get an effective hit so cutting will kill most farming meaning everyone will just sit behind thier defenses making the server pretty boring. I say don't cut the naq generated by UU from 6 per turn to 3 per turn. Just wait, pretty soon(a few months), it won't be worth it for the higher ranked players to farm those inactives anyways.
The Slayer of Covenant, CovenantSlayer
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Provided they didn't crank up their UP with the cheep upgrades, before giving up
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

CovenantSlayer wrote: pretty soon(a few months), it won't be worth it for the higher ranked players to farm those inactives anyways.

I cant say I agree with you honestly. 1 weapon and free naq is always an option. Remember, with the AT set up thats in origins, burning those 45 turns each turn on inactives will net you more then the "rested" turns will net you hitting defenses.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
CovenantSlayer
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Replination
Race: Replicator
ID: 2103

Lore wrote:
CovenantSlayer wrote: pretty soon(a few months), it won't be worth it for the higher ranked players to farm those inactives anyways.

I cant say I agree with you honestly. 1 weapon and free naq is always an option.
but that means I have to sell all my weapons and will then be unable to do any retaliatory attacks or major hits against higher players unless i use all the naq i got farming buying my weapons back. I do see however a way for this to work without selling and buying back my weapons if they introduce a Weapons bank I could store my weapons i want to keep without the losing of naq OR they could ask how many men and weapons i want to send to attack either way i don't have to waste all that naq on buying and selling weapons
The Slayer of Covenant, CovenantSlayer
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

CovenantSlayer wrote:
Lore wrote:

I cant say I agree with you honestly. 1 weapon and free naq is always an option.
but that means I have to sell all my weapons and will then be unable to do any retaliatory attacks or major hits against higher players unless i use all the naq i got farming buying my weapons back. I do see however a way for this to work without selling and buying back my weapons if they introduce a Weapons bank I could store my weapons i want to keep without the losing of naq OR they could ask how many men and weapons i want to send to attack either way i don't have to waste all that naq on buying and selling weapons

You cant send part of your men or part of your weapons, there is a major coding issue there. As for the idea, you cant have your cake and eat it too. Either use 1 weapon and farm inactives, or build a strike and farm defenses. You can't have it both ways. There is a cost to having a massive strike, if there was not, then everyone would simple spy, and attack with 1 weapon over the defense to keep their repair cost minumized.
Reason, youll get dead.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

I don't see how sending some men is an issue. you can do it with spies. however th coding for the repair cost would have to be dramatically changed.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

To make things simple. Your weapons are stored in a database, each weapon type gets one record per player. Stored in that record are the number of weapons, and the strength per weapon.

To do the suggested changes would require an overhaul of any code that touches the weapons database, and the whole weapon database.

These changes would slow the server down. Rather than just one record to update with new stats we would have to update thousands of records every time you attacked, or repaired your weapons.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”