a few quick sugestions for admins

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR
ID: 0

Re: a few quick sugestions for admins

adminGary wrote:I'll look into the ratios on weapon durability vs defence.

I'll think about adding an upkeep fee if you have too many of one type of unit. Without miners the game needs a better source of income for players. The amount of naq generated by both attack and defence vaires by their respective alert or fatigue levels. When a fatigue level is full those units do not generate any naq.

I'll look into further reducing the chances of loosing units on recon missions.

I changed the attack system. Since turns now closely represent time in game. A 15at attack could be considered as X amount of time spent attacking the enemy, therefore a 1at attack is 1/15th of X amount of time and logically should do 1/15th the damage.

I've been thinking about reducing the amount of naq generated by UU from 6 per turn per tick to 3. This would reduce the amount of naq generated from 'farm' accounts by 1/2. I will also take into account the cost to repair wepons and perhaps reduce this accordingly.

I hope I haven't missed any points that were made.

Gary i think any changes you may want to do a poll in forums to get a overall response instead of 4 people posting things need changing. post the poll for a week then if u get enough intrest then change the code . this post has nothing to do with these ideas as someone of these are decent thoughts
ImageImage
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

if you disagree with anything ive said lemme know.

Like i said i dunno is and isnt reasonable as far as coding
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

I agree with arkangel13, some of the updates to main were taken from the few noisy complainers out there. Make some polls, advertise on the main pate (like the recent updates thing), and if the change gets 75% do it. Though only have 2 options, otherwise nothing will go through :lol:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

blahh wrote:@admin nice to see some1 activly working on a server, reminds me of sgw in beginings :) you keep looking we ll keep testing and throwing ideas It is very refreshing, and I think it is the #! reason for constant growth and high activity.

@lore, i never said 1 at thing was a bad considering massings and so on, its acualy not a bad spin of using only a portion of your power something similar was my sugestion eons ago to be done in main.,.. so you dont need to use full force just a portion... the point i was making was that if you cant test with 1 at (as you only use a portion of power) and you cant spy and not loose units... theres realy not much to conserve lossed but to just hit strait up. meaning no point in actualy having a spy option. (so i was mearly pointing that out not sayn 1 at is bad thingi :) )I see and agree with your point here. You do have an absolute point on the 1AT/spying issue. *hats off*

and as for "lazy" attackers, i build about 350k strike just to test stuf, sold it in less than 24h did about 20 or so hits with it, some decent some not so... I also got no problem building 3x biger one in a week or so when i increase my bank size suficiently... I agree with you if ppl want big hits they gotta work their way to up their strike to owerpower the defences, but atm defences are just too big because simpy ppl dont loose anything with it.,.. they still get income off them, and it protects them. Now same argument could be said that attackers also produce naq, ,so there isnt much loss there, but the catch is that 3x the strike i had this weekend costs 1.5mil in repairs per hit to maintain, which means that even if you have a strike that can top the bigest def, its not much use to you as there arent much hits to be made (1.5mil naq out at least for repairs, up to 30 troops to just retrain, and than try to aprise the value of the troops lost.. ) thats why every1 farms inactives, 0 repairs and casualties make it by far most profitable.I had not done much testing with big strikes, but your example and Seaborgium example prove that there is a major issue there.

so the bottom line of this is its not lazy attackers, but rather a big defence has close to no trade offs, and curent "huge" defences dont produce, and wont produce for quite some time the necesary income to farm eficienty among active population comparing to the costs of that farming.In that I can agree, my only question/concern is,,,,,, How do we fix it, but not make it like main when defenses are utterly useless? :?

and i m not sayn there arent many ways to play a game, and not tryn to undermine any1s, but i do think you ll agree with me that a game that has as its only activity farming inactive accounts, isnt much of a game at all, cause honestly, if we wanted that, we could get the code, create our own server on local pc, spawn a few 1000 random accounts and go hit them, there just isnt any "interaction" :)Naaa, you made good points backed up with examples and facts, good work.

arkangel13 wrote:
Gary i think any changes you may want to do a poll in forums to get a overall response instead of 4 people posting things need changing. post the poll for a week then if u get enough intrest then change the code . this post has nothing to do with these ideas as someone of these are decent thoughts

Ark has a good point, tho it isnt always aplicable. You do have a wide range of knowledge in the player base and alot of people willing to test and find faults. You have really had good discussions here, its a resource you can use to your advantage AG.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

I don't know about you but i think this is a bit over powered..

I had 400 covert level 8
I had 332 AC level 8

The guy had sent 626 not sure what level and did this

During the attack you lost 10 Anti-Intelligence Drone and 19 Undercover Agents.
After the attack a search of the area found 5 enemy bodies.

i lost 29 he lost 5
thats almost 6:1

How can anyone taken that on?
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

@admin I agree with lore and others here, a simple flip switch and go with one idea in a blik of an eye might not be a good solution, we have seen many bad things implemented in main that way, a good discusion and some patience and input from us, will eventualy lead to a much better solution. Your idea of inactives moving to 1/10 of income would be good if a server was idk 20.000 accountts big and had over 4000 active ones among them, but as it is in its "origin" state, its much too soon, it would take away much of the naq from circulation ergo force a game in a more stagnant state. Though you might wanna keep the idea written down somewhere, as like i said, when the game grows, might not be a bad idea at all.

at the curent state i think reducing damage taken by the weapons and with that repair costs would be more suitable course.. If atm weapons take 6-10% damage per hit, try moving it to 3-5%. That way some of the costs while hitting will be reduced, and also doesnt makes defences useless as well massing them will take logicly more hits after this so it would infact make it alot harder. If thats too much of a problem (not sure didnt do any massing testing in this server yet..) you can always adjust the damage done to the weapons proportional to their state... meaning if a weapon is at 100% strenth it will take less damage than if its at 50% strength (which actualy makes sence doesnt it ? :) )

also like i said be4, def units generating naq gives too much value to the defece, one of the tradeoffs of having a large defence is lowering you income if thats not in place ppl will simply continue to build larger and larger defences, just to be on a safe side. And while that is a walid tactic, if its too widely used, the game will take a defensive-inactive state, which again imo isnt a good idea as playn means interacting.

also a side note to you from some stuf i noticed and feel its good to pass on:
Dont be afraid to try something, and if it turns out bad, "roll it back"! We have seen alot of bad ideas done in main, but the bad part of it is not getting its not a good idea, tryn to fix it or tweak it with another bad idea and than another and than another. Eventualy you end up with a pile of bad things in a game, so if you try something and it doenst take in its usualy(not always) best to remove it and try something else.
And also as the game grows (like i pointed in beginig) ideas and concepts change (whats good at server size 1000 might not be good at server size 20000) so you either have to compensate for it or do something totaly different with it, keep that in mind ;)

all and all i think so far i like some of your twists to the game so i guess good job. Loved the not having all weapons in the begining thing but slowly through "research" coming to it. It gives us something to look forward too, though that probably wont continue indefinetly so i hope you got some other kindersurpises up your sleeve for us ;)
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

blahh wrote:@admin I agree with lore and others here, a simple flip switch and go with one idea in a blik of an eye might not be a good solution, we have seen many bad things implemented in main that way, a good discusion and some patience and input from us, will eventualy lead to a much better solution. Your idea of inactives moving to 1/10 of income would be good if a server was idk 20.000 accountts big and had over 4000 active ones among them, but as it is in its "origin" state, its much too soon, it would take away much of the naq from circulation ergo force a game in a more stagnant state. Though you might wanna keep the idea written down somewhere, as like i said, when the game grows, might not be a bad idea at all.
I somewhat agree, just not totally sure about the forcing the game into stagnation tho, but i am willing to admit it is a possibility.

at the curent state i think reducing damage taken by the weapons and with that repair costs would be more suitable course.. If atm weapons take 6-10% damage per hit, try moving it to 3-5%. That way some of the costs while hitting will be reduced, and also doesnt makes defences useless as well massing them will take logicly more hits after this so it would infact make it alot harder. If thats too much of a problem (not sure didnt do any massing testing in this server yet..) you can always adjust the damage done to the weapons proportional to their state... meaning if a weapon is at 100% strenth it will take less damage than if its at 50% strength (which actualy makes sence doesnt it ? :) )
I think it does, but it gives the attacker another advantage as they can repair every attack so their repair bill is cheaper.

also like i said be4, def units generating naq gives too much value to the defece, one of the tradeoffs of having a large defence is lowering you income if thats not in place ppl will simply continue to build larger and larger defences, just to be on a safe side. And while that is a walid tactic, if its too widely used, the game will take a defensive-inactive state, which again imo isnt a good idea as playn means interacting.
I agree with playing means interaction part 100%. But I think removing the unlimited free income from the server would force more interaction and more defenses to be massed, but IDK, people are strange creatures.

also a side note to you from some stuf i noticed and feel its good to pass on:
Dont be afraid to try something, and if it turns out bad, "roll it back"! We have seen alot of bad ideas done in main, but the bad part of it is not getting its not a good idea, tryn to fix it or tweak it with another bad idea and than another and than another. Eventualy you end up with a pile of bad things in a game, so if you try something and it doenst take in its usualy(not always) best to remove it and try something else.
And also as the game grows (like i pointed in beginig) ideas and concepts change (whats good at server size 1000 might not be good at server size 20000) so you either have to compensate for it or do something totaly different with it, keep that in mind ;)

AG, Please listen to these words and take them to heart. You have the beta server at your finger tips as well. I think we can all agree one of the worst parts of main is the bandaides heaped up on bad updates to try to fix them instead of just removing the bad update.
Blah,,,,,Hats off mate, well spoken.

all and all i think so far i like some of your twists to the game so i guess good job. Loved the not having all weapons in the begining thing but slowly through "research" coming to it. It gives us something to look forward too, though that probably wont continue indefinetly so i hope you got some other kindersurpises up your sleeve for us ;)
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Seems its now cheaper to repair strike weapons after hitting people now, i noticed it with 1 attack weapon, the difference should be much more noticable with a bigger strike, can anyone confirm this? ~Thamuz~
Tek
Forum Elite

Aye i just used my 45 turns and my repairs are approx 100k cheaper. Might be a one off though as ive seen it happen before only to be back at normal price next turn change

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

So is it fixed then?

I've noticed my single weapon is being damaged less now
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

i ll do some testing during the weekend and let you know ;)
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Sarevok wrote:So is it fixed then?

I've noticed my single weapon is being damaged less now

It was never broken to begin with,

This is what happens when people who have had it there own way in main for to long, massing in main is easy, its super cheap to do it aswell, it doesnt matter if your strike was 50bill or 5trill, its super cheap for the attacker to mass,

Now in Origins people had to consider more who they where to mass cause of there losses and repair costs, and now your asking admin to make it cheaper to repair the attack weapons, and cost more to repair the def weapons,

So really, in a round about way your trying to turn it into Main, thats whats happening,

As per the losses when spying someone, i have never had this issue, i spy people everyday and never take losses on a successful spy, now maybe thats just some serious luck, or the people im spying dont have a high enough covert.

Origins its only a few weeks old, dont screw it up already but trying to push updates into it, so you can play it the same as main.

arkangel13 wrote:

I agree with the above comment.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Tek
Forum Elite

when farming with a strike over 50k requires naq amounts that simply arent out there on a regular basis, im pretty sure there was an imblance somewhere in the repairs system.

Nothing stopped any of us building a 300k defence and reaping the benefits of its unmassable (at this point in time) status. But i know myself id rather play a little more interactively then solely farm inactive accounts. Hence why i thought the repairs to weapons should drop in line with the amount of naq thats available in game.

Im not trying to make defence useless, but its basically reversed from main hasnt it? Noone bothers with strike & piles the defence high. Thats just as wrong as the flaws in Mains cheap massing.

Edit

ive just made more profit with 8 000 strike then i did all day with the rank 1 strike about 3 hours previous :o

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

antoher to consider, is the amount of naq people get with def trained is another thing, you get 10 naq per + if high enough noone hits..
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

The problem is not the repair cost are cost of war, but the abundance of "free" farms. The game is still young and is going to experiance growing pains as all do. If you make massing cheaper/easier now they later you will either have to change it again or accept that its going to be like main, and be geared so strongly to the attacker that the only chance a defender will have will be lack of AT.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”