Super weapons.

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Super weapons.

We are thinking about building a super weapon for all races. As you attack players you gather junk (enemy weapons, armor, bodies). When you collect enough mass you are able to launch this mass at an enemy planet. The impact does direct damage to the targets weapons, and units.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

Re: Super weapons.

when i read the title of this i thought more along the lines of race specific superweapons.

Id hope junk wouldnt be collected from attacking 0 defences. And perhaps the junk collected is relative to the damage done to defence.

Im assuming this is a way to enccourage more aggressive play? Less farming inactives.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

1. who is we
2. tek - i did the more advanced play and i have lost over 20M in weapons....
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:We are thinking about building a super weapon for all races. As you attack players you gather junk (enemy weapons, armor, bodies). When you collect enough mass you are able to launch this mass at an enemy planet. The impact does direct damage to the targets weapons, and units.

Ideas? Thoughts?

So its aimed at benifiting the more agressive people and the more active?

Also, will there be a limit on this or can an entire alliance build super weapons and decimate a single account?

Weapons and units? So it will be a first strike weapon? 2 or 3 super weapon hits to demolish an entire defense? Or once your massed the old fashioned way, then assasinated, you get hit by couple superweapons to kill your general population?

My instinct is to say bad idea, but its prolly the "ascended super weapon" fiasco talking LOL

Discuss it more, strength, limits, actual damage. Right now I just dont have enough info to even comment.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

The old Mass Driver concept from other Sci-Fi series? Except with junk instead of astroids.

I see good points and bad.

First the bad: I agree with Lore that some Alliances will abuse this extremely. Some people don't consider the consquences of there actions in game. It could caused a player that it is used excessively against to quit.

The Good: It would allow smaller lower ranking players to take on "The Big Boys". Probably get them massed in return, but you could get massed because of a single raid.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Tek: I am me, and he is she, and she is we, and we are me, and we are all together, here.
[spoiler]We is mostly myself and Jason, sometimes it can include other admins such as Sue or Mark. But for the most part, it's because she thinks that we, I and he are them, and that they are here, there, and sometimes in the kitchen(because even they require sustenance). However he doesn't think that anyone should be worried about where I am, because she honestly doesn't know where we are not.

They hope that she has not unmade the previous statment as clear as possible. In short we like sandwiches.[/spoiler]

The amount of damage done, how long it takes, and how many super weapons you can store at one time hasn't been figured out yet.

I'm thinking that an active player (someone who uses around 90AT a day) will get one super weapon each week. The weapons would do a percent damage, and have a cap. If new players were hit by this weapon, they would loose 1 to 5 percent of their weapons and population. A well established player might loose 10 to 15 percent of their weapons and population (not sure if this will kill UU, but probably not because UU are a bunch of lazy people (or robots) hiding in fear of the world beyond the surface of their homeworld). Players will be limited to being hit once a day, because after the attack the population knows to hide underground and wait for the dust to settle.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I see. Interesting idea. At first I was frantically shaking my head, but then I realised that in fact the good old goonies at the top of the game, that rarely need to attack to get their naq fill can now be bombarded by an alliance into submission, meaning dear old ~Vengeance and the drunk monkies who got lucky with some timely donations and ppt naq hits (shakes fist at admin gary for not listening..) will now have an overwhelming weakness as, basically they have peed off a lot of people, I am sure, and will no doubt be the biggest targets.

I think it should be limited how many an account can hold, and how many an account can be hit by a super weapon, or as lore said.. it WILL be abused.

I reckon maybe 5 super weapons hits a week on any account, and one max per turn. The week of course re-sets on a monday.

If you leave it uncapped, and without STRICT caps.. this ability will cause a lot of mayhem with the game, and be a very big problem. This way, also allows for a super attack all in one go, if you use the 5potential weekly hits the turns before the re-set, and then the next five after, at the same time though, it leaves a 5hour time frame for the person to show up and repair etc etc.

On top of that, this would require some pretty beef technology. IT should be an upgradable feature for the races, and have different names etc etc...

Goa'uld - Directed Asteroid Strike.
Tauri - Tactical Nuclear Deployment
Replicators - Techno Virus infestattion
Asgard - Genetically altered Anit-Matter virus.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

hmmm well i agree with lore here, sadly the word superweapon just brings bad memories of ascended bs that was going on.

thoug obviusly if you throw enough ideas arround ad get some ppl to pitch in you could get a decent thingi out of it, so i ll wait for the final decision and will try not to think of asc.

I liked sempers names btw.:P

and to pitch in with ideas (thoug this might be more usefull later on ingame when everything grows a bit):

how about instead of just doing the obvius, you always hit defence and spys, you can use the weapon to demolis some other strategic points... I mean througout history it wasnt always the military that got the front blow of it... big manufacturers of war were hit too supply lines ect...

so why not instead of this super weapon hitting the military (or uu as sadly we need at least 1 safe unit type in the game) it hits productive capacities posibly you can choose the effect you want eg you have idk 10 superweapon attack options:

IDK reduces income by 10% for 2 days, or up for a certain % for a certain time, you can toy arround and move it to turn regeneration is slowed or something, or covert capacity is halfed and regenerates slower, or when a person trains troops a few get killed in the proces as the trainiing camps were "tampered" with.... the sky is basicly the limit here to the options ;)

obviusly it has to be balanced so it cant be ganged up on 1 player and totaly move everything to the 0, but say 1 or 2 of each attack types on a person in a period of its effects eg 2 days or something... and each hit only does a % damage.. so idk you can reduce up by 15% 2x thats 30% for 2 days max... and than he gets a day or 2 of not being able to be attacked by that type...

true that if you combine all of the effects that a person could be royaly screwed for a while, but than again it gives an excelent weapon to keep in line posible **Filtered** when they show up, also gives a whole new view to the wars.. and so on... and it would be h ard to hit some1 with 20 superweapons to use 2x all types...

Like i said, efects would be temporary as when the dust/radiation clears out its all fine in the brave new world, but it would be something new.

anyhu just a core idea tryn to think outside the box of ususal lets kill the def stuf if some like it, perfect it ;)
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

haha gary i dindt ask who 'we' was.

My thoughts on the superweapon more along the lines of race specif types.

Goa'uld = Orbital Hatak Assault (Kills a percentage of all troops cov/attack/def?)

Asgard = Time Dilation Device (Slows enemies production of UP & Naq by a percentage)

Tauri = ZPM Defence Platform ( Increases defence or increases losses for attackers for a limited time. Would be interesting if you caught someone massing you, and blam activate the platform and youve got a boost )

Replicator = Conversion(Opponent loses a percentage of weapons & they get converted to UU)

make them an upgradeable tech so the % increases with each upgrade, make the upgrades costly and the turns to activate them 2 days worth. Make the effects last in relation to the tech level.

Could even have race specific Defences against the super weapons

Asgard = Jack O'Neil Mother ship (Cuts Effects of Goa'uld Hatak)

Replicators = Override Programming (Cuts Asgard time dilation effects)

Tauri = Gate Iris (Cuts Replicator Conversion)

Goa'uld = Kull warriors (Cuts tauri ZPM effects)

I dont know if this idea is workable or not but it would give a new dimension to the race aspect.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
arkangel13
Forum Expert
Alliance: RR

A super wep for what exactly. you want to hit targets with defs give strike weps more power or repair cost half. right now it took us 17 mill and 200 units to mass a 300k def.-this is ridiculous.

try to adjust whats there then write new code for something that wont do anything.

seriously AG took 17 mill and 200 guys becuase of the 15 turn attacks for power.

I dont mind the UU loss but 17 mill between 2 players is a little silly.
ImageImage
Chronus
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

I see too much potential for abuse on less active and active players.

Bad idea in my opinion

Return to “Development and Suggestions”