Re: Farm account problems

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:They can hit the account they just have to wait 30min after he comes out of PPT :P , and as for the groups not in an alliance well that's why I suggested that they use random time for the PPT.:P

but both of those suggestions are flawed and are open for abuse ;)

I never said it was perfect, and as for people abuseing it well I think it will pretty hard for them to abuse, and there will always be people who abuse the game.

correct and the random PPT thing is not hard, just look at ascended :P

Tell me all the ways in which you think this will be abused?

I already have, but I'll break it down for ya ;)

Acct A gets the farm on the PPT

he then tells a Acct B to watch it, who then tells Acct C to watch it

Acct C sees it come off at a turn change and bam, gets the naq

might seem like alot, but its really not, especially with the "big" "older" players who are on alot

You forget that I said that the farm would not make any naq while on PPT. :P

but thats not fair to that account should they log in

Well the person could attack someone, and that would take him out of PPT which would allow him to start generating naq agine.
ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

First off, smaller quotes guys. :lol:

Secondly, if your an account who only logs in 1, 2, or 3 times daily this would kill your game play completely, well atleast make it so you have NO choice but to sit ainlessly for hrs farming inactives as you may have 0 income due to this. Also, team members can use this on their own members to keep a "massive" account on PPT, coming out only to go on a rampage of destruction only to be back on PPT without retaliation.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:First off, smaller quotes guys. :lol:

Secondly, if your an account who only logs in 1, 2, or 3 times daily this would kill your game play completely, well atleast make it so you have NO choice but to sit ainlessly for hrs farming inactives as you may have 0 income due to this. Also, team members can use this on their own members to keep a "massive" account on PPT, coming out only to go on a rampage of destruction only to be back on PPT without retaliation.

Well for an account to go into PPT it should have a 0 def, must have been attacked atleast 8 times(so if your a person that logs in 1, 2, or 3 time a day it's doubtful that your account will be put into PPT), and you must have been inactive for about 2 or 3 days.

See anyways that this can be abused now?
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
Lore wrote:First off, smaller quotes guys. :lol:

Well for an account to go into PPT it should have a 0 def, must have been attacked atleast 8 times(so if your a person that logs in 1, 2, or 3 time a day it's doubtful that your account will be put into PPT), and you must have been inactive for about 2 or 3 days.

See anyways that this can be abused now?

yes, I have no def. and log in once every other day or so ;)

And?
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:there are too many holes and exceptions and maybes and what ifs to this imo for it to work

Well if you tell what this holes were instead of just saying that's not gonna work I could come with something else. :x

And keep in mind that it dosen't have to be perfect, I mean can you really say that all the programs in work are perfect.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:there are too many holes and exceptions and maybes and what ifs to this imo for it to work

Well if you tell what this holes were instead of just saying that's not gonna work I could come with something else. :x

And keep in mind that it dosen't have to be perfect, I mean can you really say that all the programs in work are perfect.

I've told you the holes, over and over again, and lore has said them too :lol:

Yeah and I have improved upon my idea to make it work.
ImageImageImage
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Guys, I'm going to have to ask you to stop going back and forth like this. I've been trying to collect info on this problem and the last two pages have been an argument.

Yum Cimil, Thank you for bringing an idea forward.
SuperSaiyan, Thank you for improving the idea.

If you guys continue this arguement you will be receiving warnings.

Thank you.
generaloneill
Forum Regular
Alliance: lone wolf
Race: Tollan
ID: 6258

I say waa waa waa. My life consists of raiding inactives and I have no Girlfriend. :-D
Archon
Forum Regular
ID: 0

IMO, any account that has 0 def and not been logged in to for 4 days should have up and naq production cut by 50%. When it is not logged into for 4 months should lose all up and income, pehaps be deleted/archived.

This would keep the game growing but make the pickings a little smaller.

This would also encourage people to trade more and actually attack active accounts for naq and uu.
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

Dont know if this got said, am to lazy to read thruo the whole thing..

But inactivity for 2+ Months. should result in the account being put into Vaction Mode.

Then if the user does deside to come back, then his account is how he left it.
~Nemisis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Still Workin On That
ID: 1908396

lord_sithis wrote:Dont know if this got said, am to lazy to read thruo the whole thing..

But inactivity for 2+ Months. should result in the account being put into Vaction Mode.

you would like to restrict a players growth just because there off for a bit,say off to euro,or canada or perhaps elsewhere for the summer,winter whatever,idle accounts of 6 months i can see that,but 2 months thats way to harsh and will result in players not wanting to come back.
"hey look i went away i got me 5k men woohoo,oh wait everyone else has 20k!"get the point.
also ima that buy removing the farms at this point would also cause more active farming of the active players,removal of defs ext. causing even more issues and players to leave as well for being farmed actively.
in short good idea,bad time frame,6 months should be the the limit,if you are not online in 6 months chances are they are not going to be at all.
:smt006
~Vengeance Of Origins
"My gun is a simple tool that converts useless human trash into high quality fertalizer."
Proud Member Of PETA,"People Eating Tasty Animals"!
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

~Vengeance wrote:
lord_sithis wrote:Dont know if this got said, am to lazy to read thruo the whole thing..

you would like to restrict a players growth just because there off for a bit,say off to euro,or canada or perhaps elsewhere for the summer,winter whatever,idle accounts of 6 months i can see that,but 2 months thats way to harsh and will result in players not wanting to come back.
"hey look i went away i got me 5k men woohoo,oh wait everyone else has 20k!"get the point.
also ima that buy removing the farms at this point would also cause more active farming of the active players,removal of defs ext. causing even more issues and players to leave as well for being farmed actively.
in short good idea,bad time frame,6 months should be the the limit,if you are not online in 6 months chances are they are not going to be at all.
:smt006

And if you actually read what gary said, he was talking about removing accounts, so your saying you would rather go away and come back to no account atall than having a few less men,

Obviously it would be longer than a month or 2, that would be down to garys discression. My point was, instead of having accounts be destroyed have them so they just go into vaction mode after a set amount of time, so that the user can come back at a later date.
Lt Col Mitchell
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Areseorii Knights
Race: Lantean
ID: 1933488

adminGary wrote:We are working on a few solutions to solve the problem of the inactive accounts generating too much naq.

The inactive aren't generating to much naq. It is just that now they aren't being attack for the smaller amounts, so the naq is being allowed to accumulate to larger amounts. I can remember back when Origins first came out we would attack people for 30k or 40k naq, if you did that now you would just be wasting your AT's. So really what I am saying is that the problem (if you really consider it one) has been around for quite some time. It is just that you are now noticing it.

I my opinion, you should just leave this alone for now. It is allowing the game to start out with faster growth. In the first month of Origins the naq was so low that it took forever to just get enough naq to train a few units. Now, the with the higher amounts of naq the game is growing at a rate that I would say is just about right. Although, that is just what I think.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”