Farm account problems

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Farm account problems

We are working on a few solutions to solve the problem of the inactive accounts generating too much naq.

We are leaning towards making a exception to the unkillable untrained units rule.
This change will allow accounts that have a defence action of 0 to lose untrained units.

To protect accounts that have been massed the current defence alert level of the targeted account will be taken into consideration.

We feel that this is probably the best solution to a problem that will only get worse as this game gets older.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Farm account problems

adminGary wrote:We are working on a few solutions to solve the problem of the inactive accounts generating too much naq.

We are leaning towards making a exception to the unkillable untrained units rule.
This change will allow accounts that have a defence action of 0 to lose untrained units.

To protect accounts that have been massed the current defence alert level of the targeted account will be taken into consideration.

We feel that this is probably the best solution to a problem that will only get worse as this game gets older.

Explain

I hope and assume the UU deaths wont start immediately after a 0 def is achieved, as if that were the case it could be very bad for lone accounts. Alliances could really reak havoc on singular accounts with planned attacks.

I would hope that this would have a set time limit on the 0 def, and ANY (even 1 man defenses) would negate it.

The idea is ok, more a bandaide then a true fix.

What rate will they die at? What if the inactive accounts UP is higher? Will it be high enough to actually shrink the inactive accounts or just basicly stop their growth?

All I ask is look for every possible exploit, and dont think "Nobody would do that." Because someone will.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
tunnel rat
Forum Newbie

maybe stop their up if they don't log on for a month, or some time frame
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Why not just make it, that for every 24 hours not logged in your income drops 25%, after 4 days offline the account will generate 0 income.

To save time later, just make it that any account that isnt on vac mode, that hasnt logged in, in 15 days, is put on auto vac mode.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

i say no to the droping of income.

I like the idea of no more UU made.
Desert Ghost
Forum Regular
Alliance: Delta
Race: Terran
ID: 1905267

adminGary wrote:We are working on a few solutions to solve the problem of the inactive accounts generating too much naq.

]

not afreid of change, just think its kinda not good...
the game has got older for some players, but think about the lil 2mill armysize guys who doesnt know from right to wrong etc...
just a thought
DG Toon_PDT_07
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

While stopping UP is a good idea, it doesn't leave much room in the future.

6 months from now when all the farms are worth what they are today, would you try to actively farm, would it be worth it, I don't think so.

If untrained units are killable will only if your Defence Action is 0 and Defence alert level is 0. Then 6 months from now the farms can still grow to keep up with higher player levels.

If I stop Unit Production on any account that hasn't been active in a month, in 6 months it won't be worth farming that account. So very few farm accounts will make it past the one month mark. Limiting this game's growth.
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

Maybe you could make it so that after being hit 6 or 8 times or whatever seems reasonable to you that inactive account go into a temp PPT.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:Maybe you could make it so that after being hit 6 or 8 times or whatever seems reasonable to you that inactive account go into a temp PPT.

PPT?

that would be too exploitable, as you could hit an account 8times, then sit and wait till that PPT ends, and do it again ;)

Well the time could be random, or while on PPT the account wouldn't be able to generate any naq.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:then why bother with the PPT? why not just freeze the income?

and even with random PPT, it'd still get abused, not only by those who sit on the game all day *shifts eyes* but by groups of people :P

freeze the income the what extent?

Well the admin could make it so that the people who put the inactive account into PPT wont be able to hit it after it has been out of PPT(at least not untill 30mins have passed), that + the random PPT time should make it pretty hard to abuse it.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:then why bother with the PPT? why not just freeze the income?

and even with random PPT, it'd still get abused, not only by those who sit on the game all day *shifts eyes* but by groups of people :P

freeze the income the what extent?

Well the admin could make it so that the people who put the inactive account into PPT wont be able to hit it after it has been out of PPT(at least not untill 30mins have passed), that + the random PPT time should make it pretty hard to abuse it.

first part becomes irrelevant with a group of people

as for freezing income, it corresponded to what you suggested happen while they are on PPT, no need for the PPT if the income is frozen for a random amount of time, but then again, what if that person isn't really inactive, and just couldn't get in for a while, will they log in to find they need to wait for income?

By group of people I'm guessing you mean people who are in an alliance well maybe they could make it so that if one of the people who put an inactive account into PPT and he is apart of an alliance, him and his alliance members wont be able to hit the inactive account right after it comes out of PPT.

Thats why I suggested PPT that way if you haven't logged in for a while you don't come in to find that your income has been frozen or cut in half or whatever.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

They can hit the account they just have to wait 30min after he comes out of PPT :P , and as for the groups not in an alliance well that's why I suggested that they use random time for the PPT.:P
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:They can hit the account they just have to wait 30min after he comes out of PPT :P , and as for the groups not in an alliance well that's why I suggested that they use random time for the PPT.:P

but both of those suggestions are flawed and are open for abuse ;)

I never said it was perfect, and as for people abuseing it well I think it will pretty hard for them to abuse, and there will always be people who abuse the game.
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:They can hit the account they just have to wait 30min after he comes out of PPT :P , and as for the groups not in an alliance well that's why I suggested that they use random time for the PPT.:P

I never said it was perfect, and as for people abuseing it well I think it will pretty hard for them to abuse, and there will always be people who abuse the game.

correct and the random PPT thing is not hard, just look at ascended :P

Tell me all the ways in which you think this will be abused?
ImageImageImage
Yum Cimil
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Yum Cimil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:

correct and the random PPT thing is not hard, just look at ascended :P

Tell me all the ways in which you think this will be abused?

I already have, but I'll break it down for ya ;)

Acct A gets the farm on the PPT

he then tells a Acct B to watch it, who then tells Acct C to watch it

Acct C sees it come off at a turn change and bam, gets the naq

might seem like alot, but its really not, especially with the "big" "older" players who are on alot

You forget that I said that the farm would not make any naq while on PPT. :P
ImageImageImage

Return to “Development and Suggestions”