Weapon damage

A place to post all those bugs...
Oberaan
Forum Newbie
Alliance: ~Horus Lords~/dRUNK mONKIES
Race: System Lord/Goa'uld
ID: 0

Weapon damage

I am not sure this is a bug but I am been noticing that when I attack with a level 2 weapon and get a decisive victory it takes 1 point of damage. You get better weapons you figure that they would also be more resiliant but on average they lose 3 to 4 points during the same attack. What is the point of having a weapon the has twice the hit point but takes 3 times the damage from an attack. Yes it does twice the damage but the cost of using it is greater. So twice the cost and twice the damage twice the hit points but it takes 3 to 4 times the damage when used? Is the balance there not a little bit off? Also if my opponent has defenders but no weapons or does the base 3 damage why would my weapons take any damage at all. I can see wear and tear but 20% damage?
Oberaan Lord of the De'Danann
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: Weapon damage

you think that's bad i just woke up to see a 37k repair bill from 1x 15 turn attack, bear in mind i only have 40 defense weapons, that's 25% of the price to buy ALL my weapons in 1 naq hit. Ridiculous.

On top of that my defenders are still being killed even though i am now down to 38 and i hardly ever kill an attacker, only time i do kill one is if they almost exactly match my score and JUST get defended.

06:07 xxx 81,324 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 5,273 10,688 details
06:05 xxx Attack defended 15 1 1 7,722 7,207 details
Feb 24, 2009 xxx 0 Naquadah stolen 15 0 1 6,960 31,355 details

The feb 24th in particular shows how pathetic the system is working atm, the guy sends in 150 attackers vs my 39, i lose one of mine and he loses NONE OF HIS!!!!

I wish for once we would have a game where it's actually worthwhile to build a defense, but with 25% of the cost to buy all my weapons as a repair bill and losing defenders almost every time i get attacked and killing no attackers in return, what the hell is the point?
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"

Return to “Bugs”