In-game Messaging Problem

A place to post all those bugs...
sniper0432
Forum Elite
Alliance: Areseorii Knights [Leader]
Race: Spartans
ID: 1943098

In-game Messaging Problem

I don't know if this has happened to anyone before, but when I first typed in the word "whereabouts" in a message and sent it, it came out as "whereaboutsabouts".

When I noticed it, I thought it was me who made the mistake, so I messaged the person the first message was sent to saying sorry about the double "abouts". When I looked at the message again, the double "abouts" became TRIPLE "abouts"! :shock:

But wait, there's more! I sent one final message, with only one "abouts" in the word "whereabouts". Looked at it again, and rather than coming up with double "abouts", it came up with triple "abouts" again!

I guess this isn't such a big deal, but if these things keep happening then you start getting messages how big just filled up with repeats of the same word.
Midnight
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: In-game Messaging Problem

I just sent the one word in a PM to myself, and confirm that the "abouts" did triplicate itself in the word whereabouts and therefore came out as whereaboutsaboutsabouts.

EDIT

I have just tried random other semi-condensed words and found no other word that suffered the same effect.

I also noticed that it only affected the word whereabouts and not abouts by itself.
sniper0432
Forum Elite
Alliance: Areseorii Knights [Leader]
Race: Spartans
ID: 1943098

Re: In-game Messaging Problem

Yeah... I could've told you that... experimented with it myself... "where" and "abouts" by itself stays the same...

The game must really not like the word "whereabouts"... unless it actually likes "abouts" in the word "whereabouts"...

I must confess, this is one of the weirdest bugs I've ever seen... but then again, it isn't a commonly used word, so things should still be fine...

Return to “Bugs”