If you are new to the game and the forum, this concerns you.

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
The Deity
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: Ancient
ID: 23494
Location: Alas, Now I'm A Little Further Away From The Sun, But I'm Closer To The Warmth

If you are new to the game and the forum, this concerns you.

I’d firstly like to welcome you all to the ever increasing community that is SGW.
.......Now, those of us that have been playing for a while realise that some aspects of the game can be a little confusing at first and your first instinct is to sign up to the forums and post a new topic concerning your question. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE wait just a second before you do.
.......It may not be immediately apparent but pretty much everyone who is currently playing started out along the same road that you are now travelling. We know the frustration that comes from not knowing the answer to a burning question and as a result, many have probably already thought of, asked and posted your current question.
This leads me to one of this site's greatest assets, the Search button. Many of you have been reprimanded for posting without using it and you now doubt thought that you got the rough end of the stick. Some of us even go into whimsical renditions of fairytales, most having a penchant for the excessive use of metaphors and I know that some of us come across as a little condescending at times but you have to look at it from the perspective of some of the greats. (Yes you Goo)
.......There are currently over 20,000 players, a lot of which have had questions. To the mods, this translates to a never ending stream of who, what, when, where, why and how’s. It does get frustrating. More so when someone posts a question about something that you just recently went to great lengths to explain in fine detail.
So save the mods some heartache and have a look before you post. Believe me, myself and most people are more then happy to help you out so please don't make us hate helping you, cause we don't.
.......You're first stop should always be search but the Official Help Guide and the FAQ are also excellent for answering those nagging questions. My guide is also there if you have a bit of spare time to read through it. (OK, a LOT of spare time)

This public service announcement has been brought to you by:
GrandMaster S J Halliday, C.E.O of Deity Inc.

P.S. Sorry about the long post. It's a habit I'm trying very hard to break.
Last edited by The Deity on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrOdiGy
Fledgling Forumer
Race: System Lord
ID: 80371

A nice and useful post for newbies but it would be better and much easier to read with some paragraphs
Flavar
Forum Elite
ID: 0

i really like it, the only problem is as allways that only we read it...
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
The Xeno
n00b prophet

I think Flavars post carrys a bit more wieght, just cuase it contains a threat.
I would suggest that we dont make either of these posts stickies, but rather keep bumping them. It would seem that stickies just arn't as fascenating as the latest topic.
Rukia
Forum Elite

the mystical man on search mountain
mystical scroll of search
mystical gate dail sequence of search
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

The Deity
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: Ancient
ID: 23494
Location: Alas, Now I'm A Little Further Away From The Sun, But I'm Closer To The Warmth

By order of Xeno, bump.
The Xeno
n00b prophet

:)
Bump
8-[
:roll:
Last edited by The Xeno on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respenus
Fledgling Forumer

The magical scroll of help in Mystical Treasure Chest of Search will help you the most, but you're own two eyeballs will have you even more (sometimes).

I like the text The Xeno wrote to one of my questions:
Mighty armies are gathering to crusade behind their banner. Spreading information and knowledge.
Those who would resist shall be crushed. Let the flame of the Scroll envelope the unseeing. And may the light of the Mystical Treasure Chest shatter the clouds of stupidity and sloth. The path to spammless understanding lies before you…Hallowed Are the Search Buttons.

The Xeno
n00b prophet

I...I...I got quoted :shock:
I feel like a mini-Esker. :smt100
Bumpity. :P
Flavar
Forum Elite

all hail the miny esker
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
Respenus
Fledgling Forumer

WHY???

The Xeno
n00b prophet

*Bump*...
all hail the miny esker

I'd add that to my sig but I think the EA might take offense :D
WHY???

Cause I think it would be funny in my sig.
I think these two threads have worked somewhat, we have only had a single spam post so far.
(Not counting this one)
*/Bump*
SGC_Sam Fisher
Forum Spammer
Location: In a ventilation shaft about to infiltrate a terrorist hideout. In other words, a pretty normal day.

Who is esker?
The forces of SGC_Sam Fisher subdued those of JUAN.
The armies of JUAN were forced out of the realm of SGC_Sam Fisher in a none to glorious fashion! The defending forces were simply too much for them. It is sure that SGC_Sam Fisher will be considering a return visit to JUAN!

Aaaaaawwwwwww Yeeeeaaahhhhh!
The Xeno
n00b prophet

Who is esker?

Dang it... low on covert turns...NVM

Ah well, you ask who is Esker?
I suggest you search for author and browse the Gouald forum.
You will find certain pieces of information about a legacy.

I suggest in the name of balance you avoid asking members of the former EA and on the other side of the spectrum Nuto Vixen(sp?) and the others he has recently massed
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Instead of just bumping, a mod could sticky and lock this topic :P.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”