Planet Stealing

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Planet Stealing

So I notice I can't capture planets with an account that is less than 30 days old.

Is there any way I can clear that? Like if I get full supporter status or anything like that? Would much prefer to select my own from the oodles of inactive accounts out there than lucky dip it on the sloppy seconds.

On a semi-related note, what is the cooldown on stealing a planet? So once I steal one, how long till my mothership is ready to go again? I couldn't find the answer searching the forum.
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo
ID: 0

Re: Planet Stealing

You can only capture one planet every 24 hours.

Timer starts the instant you take one.

Your enemy will have a 12 hour window to re-take it before you can ppt it or change things on it, but I believe even if they do so your original 24 hour timer keeps a ticking...
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

I thought it was 24 hours, kind of hoped it might be only 12 hours. Probably no rush then I will just keep my MS searching until account is 30days old. Might be able to pick up a few okay planets in that time.

Maybe people can start abandoning lots of tiny planets :smt064
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

overlord elz wrote:I thought it was 24 hours, kind of hoped it might be only 12 hours. Probably no rush then I will just keep my MS searching until account is 30days old. Might be able to pick up a few okay planets in that time.

Maybe people can start abandoning lots of tiny planets :smt064
Yeah the best way around that 30 day thing is to send out your MS daily or create your own planets using the market functions (with 3 market turns you can create 1 planet...sometimes if your lucky enough you might even create a dual).

You can only steal a planet once every 24 hours, As crows mentioned the previous owner has the option to re-take it within 12 hours but no one else can take that planet until the 24 hours is up. After the 24 hours unless the planet is protected or put on merlins people can steal it.

As a side note you can also only steal/take 2 duals every 30 days.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

I don't really think it is worth using 3 market turns to make a planet... that's over 2k turns!

I suppose if I get desperate, but don't really need planets too much while I ascend
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

overlord elz wrote:I don't really think it is worth using 3 market turns to make a planet... that's over 2k turns!

I suppose if I get desperate, but don't really need planets too much while I ascend
This is true, however its just one way that you can gain extra planets if you really need them. Feel free to message me ingame if you have any other random questions :) Happy to help!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”