planets

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
regitraz
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

planets

where is applied attack/defense or covert bonus given by planets ? also I don't see what they do.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: planets

Planet contribution is accounted for in your summary of Strike (Defensive, Covert etc.) Action, if you click on the number displayed you'll be directed to a page titled "Calculations" that explains the composition of your stats.

Like so. This goes for any of your stats, the overview page will show you all relevant calculations.

regitraz
Forum Newbie

So there are not really usefull because they give just point and not power to your army ?
Also my soldier give me 25x more point than my best attack planet, a income planet would be better i think.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

I am afraid I do not understand your question.

Any attack/defence/covert planet can contribute up to half of your raw power.
For instance, if you have 1 trillion raw attack power from your army, any attack planet can contribute at most 500 billion to your strike. If you have 10 attack planets each contributing 500 billion, you will have a 6 trillion strike (your 1 trillion raw + 10 * 500 billion).

The exact contribution is explained on the Calculations page.
The contribution planets make to strike and defence is subject of some (very old) controversy, as they can be extremely powerful in comparison.

Since I did not understand your question, the above might or might not be an answer. Either way, if a single soldier has a bigger effect on your strike than an attack planet does, maybe the problem is a matter of scale - the effects are significant from a certain scale point.
regitraz
Forum Newbie

is just than when i am attacking someone, my planets don't upgrade the damages donne
by my soldiers, so planets just give raw power for ranks ? not really usefull...
an other question i have is : what do the untrained mercenaries ??
What is ascending ? how to do it ?
zogeanking2
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Ascendency
Race: Minbari

Your attack planets add to your attack power, but only up to half your attack power of your men per planet.

As far as I am aware untrained mercs do nothing

Ascending opens up another server in the game. It also enables you to get much more powerful weapons and better technologies. There are good tutorials in that section of the forum, or PM me if you want me to explain better.
The Pup
Forum Newbie
ID: 1922723
Alternate name(s): The Grey Wolf
Kaeota
CyberCasper

regitraz wrote:is just than when i am attacking someone, my planets don't upgrade the damages donne
by my soldiers, so planets just give raw power for ranks ? not really usefull...
an other question i have is : what do the untrained mercenaries ??
What is ascending ? how to do it ?
Just to break these down;

Attack planets:
Each planet will add up to 50% of your attack power - this is the strength provided by your troops - for a total of 500% with 10 attack planets all providing max.
Planets DO upgrade damage done; if you look in combat logs you will see the damage done is (roughly) equal to your attack power - the power including planets.
One of the main uses of these types of planets is the ability to strike large defences either with less investment (in troops), or to strike them repeatedly (with the intent of destroying their weapons through attrition; commonly referred to as "massing") while suffering significantly lower losses.
Long and short: if it increases your attack stat, it increases your battle power - planets included.

Untrained mercs do nothing and (as far as I can remember, '07 if I recall) never have.

Ascending... where's one of those guides... Here's one.
It's long, it's a lot of reading, and a fair whack of it isn't exactly correct anymore (it is however, close enough); basically it breaks down to:
Get within the top 322 (as of writing this) ranks to earn Glory and Reputation (hereon and elsewhere known as 'G&R'),
Earn 1001 G&R to make ascension "available"
- There are a number of requirements (based on your account) to actually ascend
Ascending actually changes a large number of things
- Resets a lot of your account (details provided on the ascension page as to what is and isn't, by memory you lose everything but lifers and gain a [mostly token] amount in return - this is by-passable via brokering)
- It changes your race, and the accompanying race bonuses
- If memory serves, ascended weapons are better than non-ascended ones - this I'm not 100% on
Finally it grants you access to a whole new server.

Now all this has made me wonder if there's a lack of guides floating around these days... maybe something I'll spend a few days on.

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”