Attack bugs/questions

A place for bugs that have been fixed
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Attack bugs/questions

Okay so I have a few questions about attacking and have noticed a few visual errors as well.

On the details page (battlelog.php) it does not list troop numbers or weapons type and numbers. It only gives the overall total powers of the forces.

2nd how long does it take for the attack fatigue level to go down from 50 (I stopped attacking over 9hours ago and it is still at 50).

3rd how long does it take for the defense alert level to go down from 50 (has only been 1 tick since I was attacked but am curious).

4th there is currently no way to tell who is on PPT and who is off unless you go through and click every name (just like in quantum). I personally was never a fan of this but I guess that one is up for discussion.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Re: Attack bugs/questions

The Attack code hasn't been fully 'worked over' yet. I'm still making progress with the server tick code. As of right now, the attack fatigue and defence alert levels do not decrease. It is however next on my list of things to do.

The bigger question is did you turn off PPT, or did it run out?
Thade
Forum Elite

I turned it off. ;) (a few other folks were off PPT as well so figured I'd try attacking out)

Figured I would start on bug testing all that stuff for you since some many others were doing all the other stuff that can be tested while on PPT. So far everything seems to be working fine.

Just some information reporting I was attacked at 12:19 server time and I do not believe I took any damage from it (I had over 10x defense power on the attackers strike). I was then attacked at 13:51 server time and lost. My current defense alert level is 28 of 50. So not sure what is changing it but it is changing. :)

Current server time is 1523.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I have also tried some attacking, i noticed all the things that thade noticed also i tried sabotaging, it said all my covert agents where captured and executed but i when i looked i still had the same numver as when i started.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Well I think that was the entire point of the PPT, to give him time to fix the standing buggs beforer finding new ones, but atleast you guys have a good start on them.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Another thing I have noticed on teh "battlelog.php" page is that it doesn't show the damage done to your weapons.

Tried performing a mini mass with a lower strike against Oneil (sorry by the way) and found that the log was saying no damage done to my weapons, but required a significant repair to the weapons themselves.
Amar
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Asuran
ID: 58

just tried attacking 3 different ppl and got this each time

Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') VALUES (272,183, '15', '1', '11976', '3', '0', '0', 'tore apart ', '0', '0', '' at line 1
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /game/stargame/origins.stargatewars.com/vsys.php:280) in /game/stargame/origins.stargatewars.com/attack2.php on line 342
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
R D Anderson wrote:SS face should be deleted and thrown at this topic
Thade
Forum Elite

My guess is that AG is messing with the attack code. (probably altering the percentages of your strike and def)
cold lazarus
Forum Newbie

I sometimes get the same error as Amar, but just recently when i attack, it goes through the motions but doesnt attack. no errors, just back to the attack screen, then sometimes after a few of these non attacks some naq appears and the turns dissappear but the attack logs are empty. Also, i didnt come off ppt, i logged in to find id been kicked out and attacked lol.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

cold lazarus wrote:I sometimes get the same error as Amar, but just recently when i attack, it goes through the motions but doesnt attack. no errors, just back to the attack screen, then sometimes after a few of these non attacks some naq appears and the turns dissappear but the attack logs are empty. Also, i didnt come off ppt, i logged in to find id been kicked out and attacked lol.

Might want to check that out AG.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Midnight
Forum Regular

Amar wrote:just tried attacking 3 different ppl and got this each time

Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') VALUES (272,183, '15', '1', '11976', '3', '0', '0', 'tore apart ', '0', '0', '' at line 1
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /game/stargame/origins.stargatewars.com/vsys.php:280) in /game/stargame/origins.stargatewars.com/attack2.php on line 342

I concur. Also I notice that whilst attacking and seeing this screen you lose the attack turns that you would "normally" lose for the attack, but nothing shows in the attack log.
adminGary

I stopped reseting PPT, please feel free to end ppt if you would like.
adminGary

Made some changes to the attack code while I was fixing this problem.

Thank you for your patients.

Adjustments to the code can be found here
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=134979

Return to “Fixed”