Edit: I only have 2 weapons for each type?

A place for bugs that have been fixed
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Edit: I only have 2 weapons for each type?

20K each....replis don't seem to get any covert advantages....unless the advantages are covert like :lol:
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

:lol:

Goa'uld Spy / Assassins also cost 20k btw
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Not entirely sure how all this stuff works...but wouldn't it be easier to simply have all the weps, units and strengths costing and being the same....then simply multiply it by a ratio factor for each race....ie:

Tauri:
Attack 125
Defence 75

Asgard
Attack 75
Defence 125

Replicators
Attack 115
Defence 110

Goauld
Attack 100
Defence 100
Income +20%

That kind of thing....or has this way got its own pitfalls....?
Borek
Forum Addict

RepliMagni wrote:Not entirely sure how all this stuff works...but wouldn't it be easier to simply have all the weps, units and strengths costing and being the same....then simply multiply it by a ratio factor for each race....ie:

Tauri:
Attack 125
Defence 75

Asgard
Attack 75
Defence 125

Replicators
Attack 115
Defence 110

Goauld
Attack 100
Defence 100
Income +20%

That kind of thing....or has this way got its own pitfalls....?

I'm pretty sure they will end up like that, the problem NOW is we only have 2 weapons for each type and the values on those were not properly thought out as i suspect gary was balancing stuff based on the top weapons that we SHOULD have a research option for unlocking.

This is why he was a fool for cancelling beta when there was still so much to add.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

currently to have a def that doesn't get my farmed while sleeping (well farmed less) i have entered the realm where def units are dying the power disadvantage on def for the tauri is an absolute joke we get hosed on costs coming and going...the beta definitely should have been longer in order to test out all the math involved.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Indeed. The losses need looking into. I just lost a guy even though I defended the attack....his attack was around 3/4 of my def. He lost nothing though....
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Weapon and racial bonus changes
Sorry about the errors, I'm in the process of bringing some new code online. -AdminGary

hm ...
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Borek wrote:This is why he was a fool for cancelling beta when there was still so much to add.

Support this site -UPGRADE

Hate to say that, but its the truth. To me its upsetting that things are changing so rapidly after live launch, even races are changing yet we were not given time to make proper decisions, and picking a path to follow will be hard as well with all the constant changes. Coupled with the 48 hr PPT farming thats already made a considerable gap in the ranks,,,,

Well, like I said, I don't do blind leaps. The game is good, and will be good in the future, just hated to see it rushed like it was, and the game started in such poor shape.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

I agree there is a gap, i myself have gotten a few ppt farms
However what i am seeing now is with in 10s of the turn change the people have been hit. I haven't gotten any ppt farms in the last day or so. I think i made 4 total. I am ranked in teh top 5. Its a matter of looking for decent hits not just hitting the first person ya find with a decent amount out.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

pizza_guy wrote:I agree there is a gap, i myself have gotten a few ppt farms
However what i am seeing now is with in 10s of the turn change the people have been hit. I haven't gotten any ppt farms in the last day or so. I think i made 4 total. I am ranked in teh top 5. Its a matter of looking for decent hits not just hitting the first person ya find with a decent amount out.

with over 1K rested turns, I dont waste them, and i got through every page when I farm. I take 3 hits fairly quickly and get the average, but i follow through and find any ppt ends.

The 48 hr PPT ends have and are causing a massive gap, just like it was told it would, next will come the whiners complaining its just not fair and they can't keep up *sigh*

I still can not understand the reasoning for the need of the 48hr PPT TBH.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

I don't fully agree with teh 48hour PPT, i don't dismiss it. I would say 24 hours would be more then enough. I have seen a few other issues. Mainly the radical chagnes made mid day. I would love to play this game. I like the simple game system, the early start. However i have issues with the way somethings are working out, so i am logging in once in a while make a few hits. Bank, add things here and there, maybe come back to it more full time once things stop changing as radically as they have.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

I'm still having difficulty with why the various races have different powered weapons. It produces inequalities that are to me bad for the balance. The game wasn't thoroughly tested or even mathematically gamed out or even completely designed. A release like this is a disappointment and I have to say I'm not going to be wasting any more time with Origins. Good luck to you Gary fixing everything that's broken (especially the balance issues). I enjoy a challenge but not an insurmountable one. The Asgard still have weapons that are too overpowered. The fact beginning players receive a 48hr PPT (in which to gain resources that never get spent so some lucky sod gets a nice naq hit if he's able to sit at his comp 24/7 watching for them). The fact that naq hits give widely varying %s of the resources. The fact that a person can hit me with a larger number of strike troops than I have def troops and I lose a def troop but they don't lose a strike troop? The fact that 1 hit lowered my def weapon strength from 15 to 12. It all adds up to a rushed game that isn't ready to be called live (barely should be called beta). So unless this gets reclassified as a Beta I won't be bothering folks no more. Enjoy my resources folks.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

Thade wrote:I'm still having difficulty with why the various races have different powered weapons. It produces inequalities that are to me bad for the balance. The game wasn't thoroughly tested or even mathematically gamed out or even completely designed. A release like this is a disappointment and I have to say I'm not going to be wasting any more time with Origins. Good luck to you Gary fixing everything that's broken (especially the balance issues). I enjoy a challenge but not an insurmountable one. The Asgard still have weapons that are too overpowered. The fact beginning players receive a 48hr PPT (in which to gain resources that never get spent so some lucky sod gets a nice naq hit if he's able to sit at his comp 24/7 watching for them). The fact that naq hits give widely varying %s of the resources. The fact that a person can hit me with a larger number of strike troops than I have def troops and I lose a def troop but they don't lose a strike troop? The fact that 1 hit lowered my def weapon strength from 15 to 12. It all adds up to a rushed game that isn't ready to be called live (barely should be called beta). So unless this gets reclassified as a Beta I won't be bothering folks no more. Enjoy my resources folks.

I fully agree
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

hate to see more and more players leaving.
Reason, youll get dead.
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

yes gary can you just even out all costs and powers and apply a % ratio to them ? seems fairer tbh
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me

Return to “Fixed”