Loss of units

A place for bugs that have been fixed
korpskugga
Forum Newbie
Alliance: DDE- (Diablo Reprobo)
ID: 91428

Loss of units

There seem to be a much higher chance of loosing defenders then attackers.
Last 8 attacks I've lost one defender each.
While the attackers have lost 0 during the 8 attacks.
There seem to be no differens if they attacked with a bigger force or lesser, I keep loosing defenders. (all my defenders have weapons)

I guess thats not how it should be ?
Korpskugga | agguksproK
-------------------------------
Possunt nec posse videntur
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: Loss of units

korpskugga wrote:There seem to be a much higher chance of loosing defenders then attackers.
Last 8 attacks I've lost one defender each.
While the attackers have lost 0 during the 8 attacks.
There seem to be no differens if they attacked with a bigger force or lesser, I keep loosing defenders. (all my defenders have weapons)

I guess thats not how it should be ?
Someone reported that they are losing attackers even though the battle report does not say as much, so i think it's a bug, they ARE actually losing attackers.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

when i went from 40 to 45 defensive units i started losing a man on every hit
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator
ID: 0

Once you have more than 33 offensive units you start taking losses on offesive units when attacking.
Once you have more that 50 defensive units you start taking losses on defensive units when defending.

Losses are determined by the difference in the attacker and defenders strength, and defence alert level.

I'll have to spend some more time looking this code over if your getting losses at 40 defenders.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:Once you have more than 33 offensive units you start taking losses on offesive units when attacking.
Once you have more that 50 defensive units you start taking losses on defensive units when defending.

Losses are determined by the difference in the attacker and defenders strength, and defence alert level.

I'll have to spend some more time looking this code over if your getting losses at 40 defenders.

no losses at 40, losses started at 45

*edit*
13:08 Guy 18,577 Naquadah stolen 15 1 1 3,960 4,371 details
09:49 Guy Attack defended 1 0 0 4,500 3,486 details
05:25 Guy 22,831 Naquadah stolen 15 1 1 3,212 3,879 details
03:41 Guy 21,469 Naquadah stolen 11 0 1 3,887 4,084 details
Went to 45 men here
Feb 08, 2009 Guy 29,307 Naquadah stolen 15 1 1 3,825 3,840 details
Feb 08, 2009 Guy 14,329 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 752 1,008 details
Feb 08, 2009 Guy 12,559 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 970 1,380 details

I presently have 46 to compenste when 1 dies
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

adminGary wrote:Once you have more than 33 offensive units you start taking losses on offesive units when attacking.

What about spies when sabbing?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Manetheren wrote:

still not fixed yet, but hes working on it
Reason, youll get dead.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

Lore wrote:
Manetheren wrote:

still not fixed yet, but hes working on it

K, thanks.
adminGary

The losses of units for covert and anti covert units are different for each of the 3 functions a spy can perform.

For recon, the attacker can loose between 5-10 percent of spies sent on a successful mission if your spy strength isn't high enough to get away clean. A failure results in a 10-15 percent loss.

For Sabotage the attacker can loose between 10-15 percent of spies sent on a successful mission if your spy strength isn't high enough to get away clean. A failure results in a 15-20 percent loss. If you fail a sabotage, you will loose atleast one spy.

For Assassination you will require atleast 20 spies to be sent before you will take losses in excess of 1 spy. You have a chance based on the difference of your spy skill and the targets anti spy skill to either loose a spy or kill a spy. It is possible (although a very small chance) that neither player looses spies or anti spies during an assassination attempt where both players have less than 20 spies currently trained.

For Sabotage and recon the percentage of defending anti spies lost is equal to that of the attacker plus or minus 5 percent depending on if the attacker was successful and or discovered during those missions.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:The losses of units for covert and anti covert units are different for each of the 3 functions a spy can perform.

For recon, the attacker can loose between 5-10 percent of spies sent on a successful mission if your spy strength isn't high enough to get away clean. A failure results in a 10-15 percent loss.

For Sabotage the attacker can loose between 10-15 percent of spies sent on a successful mission if your spy strength isn't high enough to get away clean. A failure results in a 15-20 percent loss. If you fail a sabotage, you will loose atleast one spy.

For Assassination you will require atleast 20 spies to be sent before you will take losses in excess of 1 spy. You have a chance based on the difference of your spy skill and the targets anti spy skill to either loose a spy or kill a spy. It is possible (although a very small chance) that neither player looses spies or anti spies during an assassination attempt where both players have less than 20 spies currently trained.

For Sabotage and recon the percentage of defending anti spies lost is equal to that of the attacker plus or minus 5 percent depending on if the attacker was successful and or discovered during those missions.

what constitutes getting away clean?
Reason, youll get dead.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

So is Anti-covert definitely working now? Does it protect against spying and sabotage? And are covert/anti covert losses now working fully?
adminGary

Lore wrote:what constitutes getting away clean?

Successful mission, zero deaths, and possible no discovery by enemies. Although for sabotage and assassinate success and discovery go hand in hand.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:The losses of units for covert and anti covert units are different for each of the 3 functions a spy can perform.

ok your totally losing me

is it possible to do a successful action without loses?
is it possible to be successful, but still lose 5 to 10% of you spies sent, if so explain the % over the def covert needed to make this happen
Reason, youll get dead.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I'm not sure about the exact %'s but you can lose spies on a successful mission, and you can also get away without any losses if you have significantly higher than the enemy....
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

RepliMagni wrote:I'm not sure about the exact %'s but you can lose spies on a successful mission, and you can also get away without any losses if you have significantly higher than the enemy....

5 to 10% on a successful spy?

seems kinna stiff but atleast we know.

Going to hate to see 10K men lost on a successful spy when you have 100K spies LOL
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Fixed”