Next Era - Suggestions

Specific to server: "GateWars: Quantum"
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Next Era - Suggestions

I am starting to look into things for next era, and would like to ask you all for any suggestions as to what you would like included (or excluded).

Please keep all suggestions reasonable, and on topic.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Re: Next Era - Suggestions

OK you two... Simmer down now. HAHAHA [-X

I for one am looking for just a basic Era like 38 but with maybe just one special feature that is based upon the need for fairly consistent daily play in Quantum. I like how S1eepy's ideas would promote players like me (lazy, inattentive who login about 2-3 times a week) to want to login more frequently to do 'something' daily that would give me a distinct advantage over those who login less frequently than I do.

I think at some point in the past we had suggested some sort of army 'promotion' type actions where you could promote X% of your army every X number of hours to Super-soldiers of some sort that would amp your army/income/defensive/covert effectiveness and I also like the idea that this daily activity would involve super-amping your earned income.

Maybe we could tie into the active Q server a special feature whereby the more times you bring back up the same idea/topic of conversation in the Forums will super-amp up your Q account player by X% and hence Jack would win an Era hands down!! HAHAHAHAHA
(OK, that was meant as a friendly joke but now I have actually had an idea, we could call it the "Necromancer" Era, and Quantum Forum activity and positive Forum postings actually would give the user an advantage!! SPAM postings or BS postings would subtract Necro energy just like losing a battle effects your rankings negatively in past Eras. Users could vote on Forum postings as positive or negative and that ranking would be used to determine if the Forum posting 'Aids' or 'hurts' the Q account...)
Might cause a few more Q players to join in actively on the Forums??

Oh, nevermind, I will go to bed after drinking my Geritol shake. :smt017
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Remember guys, this is a topic for ideas for the next era, not ideas for the current era.

I have split out the game-related posts.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=202695
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

How about some sort of mini-boss era?

Have an account that starts the game with a massive defence (say 1b - thats massive for the start)
When the mini-boss account has its defence destroyed completely, it then gets lots of naq out in the open to be stolen as a prize for defeating it. But you have to mass it all in one turn, as at the end of each turn it repairs weapons, retrains defenders/spys etc. To prevent it being slowly picked away at.

After being defeated, the mini-boss would wait a day or so, then would build its stats to a bigger level, making it harder to mass and giving more reward when it does get massed.

Something like that might be fun?
Arty Bang
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Immortals
Race: Immortal
ID: 30115
Alternate name(s): Arty Bing

Im thinking an era thats the child of ascending era with clone era.

What about an era where its only people who log in, so basically it starts out with no inactives.
Then as the era goes on and people get stronger and more powerful/richer they are able to clone themselves (kinda like ascending) except you dont get any advantage except it gains you 1 glory every time you clone yourself.

When cloning yourself the clone gets set to a default defence, covert and miners (this way clone farms are not overpowered in naq generation or strength.

This way people have to clone them selves to get farms

Also everytime you clone your self the name of the clone would just come up as clone 1, clone 2 clone 3, etc. (or everytime someone hits the clone button it just makes an inactive player visible to everyone)

So people can build off this idea.
Would this be good, or would this be bad?
Arty Bang Ex Quantum Game-Cop
Corkscrew
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Just a thought but what about a form of skill training over time, like that which you see in Eve and various other games. Having something which trains overtime, but have a varied option too affect all stat, i guess it would act as another form of multiplier, but it would be deemed a fortication.

Have them designed in such a way that if for instance the max level was say 5 on attack, def, covert, AC, MS, income, UP. You could only potentially achieve 2 or 3 of the 7 max ranks. But have it handicapp those that support the game through $$, and disable training time whilst sitting on ppt. Thus giving people the option of holding their income or potentially loosing it, if not give them a permanent timeout for the 2 days for USS's, less for the 20$.

Regarding the Goa'uld, its an awkward thing too fix, it was managed in the past due too high activity and the farms were generally worse off. I dont think what you've recommended will fix that issue with the strength of Replicators towards the end of normal Era's, you have your techs and all, but its gets too a stage were upping more techs is just so costly too make up the difference. You would have too maintain a 20% UP advantage on the rest of the field, which is considerable large.

I guess you have the option of going for another covert level but the income alone wont cover a 10th of it. Removing the miner cost for goa'uld would help at the end of the Era, as it was quiet a substantial amount last era, not too sure on other past era's as ive only played one.
bob the dog
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: DDE

Affirmation wrote: I have actually had an idea, we could call it the "Necromancer" Era,
what a good plan just had an epic (for me) thought along the lines as a necromancer (revive the dead)

each players gets the normal stuff as always but make it more active and for focused towards attack rather than simming and stat building the more you kill the more you grow by this i mean you mass said person you army grows the more you mass the more you get (ATs army the lot0

now you thinking ok great sounds good but whouldnt that over power people by being on for hours and hours, you right it would but maybe there could be a self growth thing were every one grows daily so in 24 hours you every one will grow by 10k army, weapons build them selfs and the account grows by its self so yes this means you dont need to log in to grow but its capped so its a limited growth,

but also the more you get massed your "Growth Bar" goes up from say 10k to 15k in 24 hours so you phisicaly can not fall behind by being massed all the time and it makes it more fun

but who ever is massing killed off say 5k troops their army grows by 5k
every att you do that kills something your "necromancers" revive the fallen souls to fight for you

now this sounds SOOO much better in my head than what it done on here but what do you guys think?

be all and end all, the more you mass the more you grow and you cant not build anything as the account grows by its self :)

open to edit this to improve.
CRY, HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!
Sol
Forum Addict

I had two suggestions, one is a sub-style of the primary concept.

The concept is...make a hardness setting and tie it in with the mechanics. At the start when you sign up, you choose the difficulty, after which you can change the difficulty to only something easier until it's 'normal' (from the prefs page or whatever).
By tie it into the mechanics I mean, your deaths increase, less UP etc.
The benefit is a glory multiplier (or something, I don't know, you guys would do though).

The subset is actually from the above posters ideas, necromancer, reminded me of plague and the zombie style. So....plague arena, long term. The universe hates you. Bots attack more frequently with a harder difficulty. It's not so much you're against other people than you're against the game.
(and no you can't have my code :P)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Teyla.
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Valar Morghulis
Race: Targaryen

i got a suggestion.

we used to have loads of options for turns and loads available 2 play the game and have fun on the side but feeders like hippynub was getting ppl to use them 2 cheat so limits came in on at's to stop it and they dropped all the way down.

all thats over with now and we got arty and haz as cops and they r on top of stuff so what i suggest is

1. daily turns increase by double so instead of 600x2 turns per trade its 1200x2

2. the weekly market turn for ats be set to a few k, say 2.5k or 3k off top of my head to make it worth it

btw 1 more thing can we have the uu bank back???? =D
S1eepy wrote:I do not exploit the game as you put it and I certainly do not support or condone cheating
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Diamond Dust wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart.
Teh nub list round 39
Spoiler
My Existing Polarized Shields: none.
Existing Polarized Shields On Me:
ID: 30993 - Harakash Anubis
ID: 30736 - The [Joker]

Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}

Name: Harakash Anubis
{Banned}
ID: 30993
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

Teyla. wrote:i got a suggestion.

we used to have loads of options for turns and loads available 2 play the game and have fun on the side but feeders like hippynub was getting ppl to use them 2 cheat so limits came in on at's to stop it and they dropped all the way down.

all thats over with now and we got arty and haz as cops and they r on top of stuff so what i suggest is

1. daily turns increase by double so instead of 600x2 turns per trade its 1200x2

2. the weekly market turn for ats be set to a few k, say 2.5k or 3k off top of my head to make it worth it

btw 1 more thing can we have the uu bank back???? =D
what she said
V_
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): V

Quantum Remix Era

Okay I know this idea may not be the most creative but it could be an interesting era. Why not have an era which takes elements from some of the best era's in the past and make a remix/combo era with it?

Admin hand selects 10 era's from the past 40, have a week long forum poll to vote on these era's and the top three or four are combined together for a Remix/Combo era. It would at least be interesting!

Thoughts?
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

V_ wrote:Quantum Remix Era

Okay I know this idea may not be the most creative but it could be an interesting era. Why not have an era which takes elements from some of the best era's in the past and make a remix/combo era with it?

Admin hand selects 10 era's from the past 40, have a week long forum poll to vote on these era's and the top three or four are combined together for a Remix/Combo era. It would at least be interesting!

Thoughts?
Affy kinda likie this idea, although the next Era is almost upon us...
I am not a coder but this could allow use of previous code and when we get a Special feature that the majority of us voted for when it gets crazy we can only say "we asked for it." HAHA
Maybe for a future Era?
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers

Suggestion for next era......

Make one.
eathen
Forum Newbie

gods, without ascension, UP at multiplier of 25, each player chooses their god race for this era and cannot change once chosen, no war option as gods are by default at war with one another, if someone is inactive for a month they become mortal and start gaining income units at an exhilarated rate making them an ideal farm, market unchanged.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Lol so basically replay era 20ish?
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year

Return to “Quantum General”