How many still active?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Quantum"
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

How many still active?

Who all is still around?
I have seen some of the known names just kinda disappear.
Jack Oneil
The AKH
Cha0sk1ng
Acedelma
loregram
Arkenius
havok
hammer
Arty Bang

I know a few on that list I think didn't like some new players coming in and messing up the era for them.
So are Q players that "easy" to just go when it gets tough?

the last one concerns me as hes admins help ingame and if he is inactive and admin isn't always around then what are players to do?
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine

Re: How many still active?

Arty is active. He was farming today.

I dont think people left because of that reason. I think it's more to do with whats been happening off the server for the last couple of eras.

I know one of the reasons might also be the fact that for the last couple of eras, every single era was a repeat of the previous era (or 2 back). Lets be honest, since Jason has left, every single era thereafter was the same.

If you are new to Q, you might find this 'different'...but for us thats been playing it for years, what we are experiencing is really bad. Jason created a new concept every era. We were used to eating chocolate. Now we are fed bread. :smt087

Apologies to whom ever implements these 'new' eras if I offended you. But I tend to call a spade a spade.
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

ElgCaress wrote:Arty is active. He was farming today.

I dont think people left because of that reason. I think it's more to do with whats been happening off the server for the last couple of eras.

I know one of the reasons might also be the fact that for the last couple of eras, every single era was a repeat of the previous era (or 2 back). Lets be honest, since Jason has left, every single era thereafter was the same.

If you are new to Q, you might find this 'different'...but for us thats been playing it for years, what we are experiencing is really bad. Jason created a new concept every era. We were used to eating chocolate. Now we are fed bread. :smt087

Apologies to whom ever is implementing these 'new' eras if I offended you. But I tend to call a spade a spade.

This!

Love how people come in and mass a few people see a drop in activity and think that its all because of them..

Apart from a select few the majority of that list tend to go on and off and never really play the era fully.

Since I have come back I have played 2 ascension eras, (both were extremely un balanced) 1 vanilla era, and this era which lets be honest offers nothing different than a vanilla era.

People are just getting the hump to be honest.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

thank you Elgcress I hadn't thought about it that way. But you are right to those of us who started this era it is different then what we have done. But I agree a spade is a spade.

@ Ronon Dex
Some of the people I pointed out were inactive long before any massing went on. Also some of the people on that list massed people first. I know I have received a few of them massings and I am still here. Noone in Love Machine massed anyone until after we were attacked.
I can see some people getting the "hump" as you call it.
its just odd we went from ~ 35 actives and I see less then 20 now.
Arkenius
Forum Expert
Alliance: Ωmegan Empire
Race: The Honey Badger
Alternate name(s): The Nutcracker

meh I am still around... but less due to work... I am just gathering 4k ATs and then blasting them all at once.

Just stole rank 1 UP from crazy :smt117

:smt110 :smt110 :smt110
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

No one is playing because Affy is not playing...

I am not saying this because of my Ego at all? Who would EVER consider being active in a Q Era when Affy is not around?

Just calling the facts as I see them. Now some would consider me narcisistic, or self-centered, or maybe egotistical but I would not say that at all. I tend to consider it factual that I am the center of the Q universe, probably one if not the only reason that Quantum still resets and plays from Era to Era, and I don't believe I think too highly of myself.

I am not active really, but if you all WANT this Era to start back up then just ask me nicely AND,
I will come back and be active.
I am that kind of guy!! #-o

'Bad Affy' sez... "I think ELG hit the nail on the head myself, but, if you all want to listen to douche-bag Captain ego then, well...." :smt021
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

I have left. I gave my account to a friend. You lot are boring.

Thank you Fry and those in his alliance for the short fun. Sorry to Sasuke, appears to have left. If ya can't/don't want the heat don't partner with people who will get into trouble.

Thank you to all of you in Love Machine, I still think we should have gone with l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n, anyone with kids should get that joke :smt060
It was a fun ride, sadly due to boring nature and work I just can't keep it going.
V_
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): V

Come back Affy ;)
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers

V_ wrote:
Come back Affy ;)
Yeah Affy, **Filtered** hell, way to ruin Q, hurry up and be active again before everyone sells their accounts!!
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

I can tell you its not Affy that has ruined this game lol...
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Ronon Dex wrote:I can tell you its not Affy that has ruined this game lol...
Thanks Mate! I got a little worried for a moment there...

Wow, if I thought all I had to do was find time to start playing full time seriously again and THAT would save Q... Well, I would figure out a GD way to do it!!

I was trolling the Forums to see what may be up with the new Era of Q and trust that most of us will stick it out and see if we can get an exciting Era with a decent special feature concept. I know it is easy to complain but we all have to remember that mostly this is a free game so lets not get down on Admins too hard!! HAHAHA

Truthfully though, it has been on the back on this Old Man's mind for about 2-3 years that this MMORPGH game concept may just have run its course world-wide and is just becoming the "MySpace" of online games?? Sad but possibly true...

'Bad Affy' sez, "There goes Affy being an Admin Azz-kisser..." :smt018

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Q: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Tollan
ID: 22281

Affirmation wrote:No one is playing because Affy is not playing...
It's true ^

And as for my name being on the list... I wouldn't consider myself as a known name, but apparently...

The fact that I have not been playing (much or at all) mainly had to do with being very friggin busy irl. Maybe a bit combined with, as Elg said, the fact that the waves have been changed very little over the last few eras that I participated in. Besides, Q has long been the game where people dropped in and out over time, generally everyone will pop in every once in a while.

There's hardly any player that has been fully active throughout all the waves thus far (yes I know there are some, but you get the point). But it does seem that since the waves have been more and more alike, the people that drop back in are leaving faster than they would in the past.

Either way, if Affy comes back I might play a wave again aswell :smt117
Woop woop
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I missed you and your schizophrenic posts Affy :smt050

Is Teyla still around? Last I heard from her was on Facebook a number of months ago.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

I am trying to still be around.

New job killing me. BUT, I am now OFFICIALLY an 'Old Man' as Affy's son Cool Breeze and his wife graced Mrs. Affy and I with our first grandchild a few weeks back!! This event has been a wonderful life-happening for Mrs. Affy after the crazy past two years we have survived after her stroke in 2012. 8-[

Cheers to all and I am sorry to see that it looks as if the Quantum server has now become a Collector's Item in the halls of SGW lore.... :smt089

Sad to see the end of such a once vibrant community. I will personally be disappointed to see the Quantum server end mainly for the times we all had in the Q Forums. I hope in some way I may have contributed to your enjoyment with my late night stupidity. This game has always been a stress relief mechanism for me but I also found that I made many wonderful 'e-Friends' along the way ALL over this wide and crazy earth.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe there will be an Era 42??
:smt100

Thanks to all those who nominated me for Side Game Player of the Year for 2014. May have the honor of being the Last 'Runner-Up' for Quantum player of the Year.

'Bad Affy' sez... "Hard to be a smart-alec when you are crying inside" :smt056

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Return to “Quantum General”