How much you want to bet that account is some bodies multi
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Re: Frostfist

The players using that account are (I am trusting) not understanding that they are in error as they have been messaging Old Man Affy to ask my advice. Here is my reply to that player who asked me my explanation:

Typically if you take over a different account you should either eliminate the original account, or put it on vacation mode for the remainder of the Era.

Playing two accounts at the same time, is considered "Multi-ing" and whether or not you intended to only play just the one account it usually does not matter.

Basically, after years of debating and the Forums beating the whole idea to death over and over, even if you knowingly have the login information for two accounts at one time, that is considered having "Multi" accounts. Admitting your mistake to the Forums and taking some verbal "lashings" from the rest of the active players should suffice for a newer player. The Admins can easily check to see if you were logging into and actively playing both accounts from the same PC, Internet IP number, essentially the same geographic location, and even the same hardware NIC (network interface card) address.

Any gains from either account during this period can and usually will be reversed or negated, and could lead to an instant "Banning" of both accounts from the Quantum server game. Since the server is essentially dying, and players are growing thin, and you have been up front with your mistake maybe that will help. All else fails you can start over with new accounts next Era, it is hard to police that unless you really pissed off a long time player who makes a case to the Admin to really track and look for your IP or PC/Laptop machine hardware NIC IDs!

Don't sweat it too much, since everything resets every 90 days you can try again next Era and just remember not to play or have login ID/password for two accounts at the same time. Before Multi Players became a NO-NO even this old fool was known to play several accounts simultaneously!! But, the obvious advantages from that is what led to this being such a taboo and illegal game tactic.

Cheers,
Crazy Old Man Affy

I am serious what I mention to this player about the Quantum server dying a slow death. I hope it is good that we are getting newer players coming to the server, and also that some are family members and unknowingly, or not understanding the idea thought that they were "doing something super-smart" but having one brother take over and play the other brother's account when he was not available or able to play.

Many remember the problems I had 8-10 years ago since my son (Cool Breeze) started playing SGW first and sucked me in, we played multiple accounts, building some up for new players, etc. to get them going but this tactic was quickly abolished. Just because someone thought it was a GREAT plan a decade later, doesn't make them any less stupid than we were back then, but, lets hope by admitting that they did not really understand, and seek out info and guidance from stupid old players like me, maybe that means they will learn and do right and continue to add new players to the Quantum game!

Affy/Cool Breeze ELG/Marla (Father/Son Daughter/Mother) and many before us have had family members all play together, lets hope these guys get it right from now on??

Zombies have kicked the crap out of all of us this Era anyways... ](*,)
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
ID: 0

Re: Frostfist

well i got some msg from jjjj telling it was him and so on, so not sure was it the same other accounts admin mentioned in other topic, but like we said it was sure it was someones multi

Return to “Quantum General”