mercs/army size

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: mercs/army size

wow ... been under impression for ages that mercs did not count at all in army size
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:wow ... been under impression for ages that mercs did not count at all in army size
Untrained Mercs don't and never have as they have no purpose.
Image ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

Well I rather like the idea that when you reach plague that drives your officers away.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

i rather like the idea of creating some kind of standard procedure for updates to stop **Filtered** like this happening time after time.

1. Update is suggested and posted on the forums for all to comment and post their opinions on it.
2. Update is brought to Jason's attention, who has to read the whole thread and take time to think about it.
3. Jason decides on the update and implements the final version
4. feedback is posted on the new update, which Jason has to read and acknowledge and make an informed decision on the future of the update.

something like the above possibly fine-tuned.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Rocky wrote:i rather like the idea of creating some kind of standard procedure for updates to stop **Filtered** like this happening time after time.

1. Update is suggested and posted on the forums for all to comment and post their opinions on it.
2. Update is brought to Jason's attention, who has to read the whole thread and take time to think about it.
3. Jason decides on the update and implements the final version
4. feedback is posted on the new update, which Jason has to read and acknowledge and make an informed decision on the future of the update.

something like the above possibly fine-tuned.

Agreed, backroom updates proposed and implemented purely for the benefit of the few who have regular contact with admin is very very bad for the game.

A standard procedure that gives everyone the opportunity to consider the implications and post pro's & con's from every point of view would be the first step in getting better and fairer updates.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Not to mention back-room updates are most of time bad updates lol (or nonsense in this particular case). I mean, did we cut the legs from the mercenaries to make them count as half a troop? #-o

What was the point to update plague if after there's an update to enable to beat the plague by another way (and the cheapest way, the mercenaries)? :neutral:
Bullseye
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): *Bullseye

Has it gone back to last update again?
Im not getting 1 merc = 1/2 uu to army count. I mean come on already, what the hells going on.
Tekki
Forum Addict

Check the game updates Bullseye. He changed it again.
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Note that mercs NO LONGER count as half units in all army calculations...it felt wrong so lasted only a week that way :) Who wants to be half a afterall..

Apparently Admin realized that it was nonsense to make mercenaries half units. The generally negative feedback coupled with logic (efficiency of legs-cut mercenaries?) reversed the update I suppose.
Last edited by Cole on Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Admin really should be more communitive about this **Filtered** ](*,)

I understand that not everyone is gonna like updates and changes, but at least tell people what the hell you doin.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Iƒrit wrote:I understand that not everyone is gonna like updates and changes, but at least tell people what the hell you doin.
Fine tuning. Not every last minor detail needs to be communicated. (I'll repeat from earlier though: this kind of tweaking is best tried on Beta first..)

Bullseye wrote:Has it gone back to last update again?
Im not getting 1 merc = 1/2 uu to army count. I mean come on already, what the hells going on.
Was a rather easy thing to change back. Just a number; when the status quo at the top showed signs of changing, it required a logical fix. ;) So back to 1:1. Good day.

Communication is great; but admin communication is a privilege. Attend IRC meetings. :D Admin is really accessible.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Juliette wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:I understand that not everyone is gonna like updates and changes, but at least tell people what the hell you doin.
Fine tuning. Not every last minor detail needs to be communicated. (I'll repeat from earlier though: this kind of tweaking is best tried on Beta first..)

Communication is great; but admin communication is a privilege. Attend IRC meetings. :D Admin is really accessible.

yea I agree, we should be left in the dark on admins thoughts and changes. I like surprises :smt091

And how often is admin on IRC? or does he show up there quiet a bit to chat? One day a week for 2 hours or so, is not "really accessible".
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I just noticed this. ](*,) back and forth back and forth.
Image ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

he also made another slight change other than the merc one, plague is doubled every 300 mill over the limit now, as per 200 mill before, and 250 mill before that.
Last edited by stuff of legends on Thu May 12, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekki
Forum Addict

Eärendil wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Juliette wrote:

yea I agree, we should be left in the dark on admins thoughts and changes. I like surprises :smt091

And how often is admin on IRC? or does he show up there quiet a bit to chat? One day a week for 2 hours or so, is not "really accessible".

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=163224

Exactly. thanks for showing that Earendil. Admins is available for two half hour sessions a week. Which is what was defined as not really accessible :) It's appreciated, Admin J should never think that it's not appreciated, but it doesn't give a lot of time to run through things, which is why all so called minor changes should have a discussion forum thread so that all views can be put foward.
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”