Bank Size Increase

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Re: Bank Size Increase

E.M.P. wrote:I see no realistic ill effects so I don't have much wrong with it. It's never going to benefit me either so, whatever.

People can untrain all their miners and use their UU for other stuff now, and not have to worry about a small bank. Who cares though? They didn't have UU before?

If that REALLY turns out to be a concern, not just that people THINK it will be a concern, then some sort of stipulation could be put in place. But really...

Let's say that you're online AC'ing someone in my alliance. I come online and have a full bank.

Before the update, I'd actually have to think whether or not I had the lifers to spare to lifer suicide your account because my bank would leak naq if I used too many.

Now, you don't have to worry about it because your bank size is fixed based on covert level. I can now just throw caution to the wind...

Another thing I find hilarious... the last admin meet that I attended Jason was all over fixing the plague to limit and handicap one's growth, basically to give noobs a chance... and now he wants to blow the doors open on covert levels? Seriously Jason... make up your mind.

Personally, I think this is a plot to try to get more money in his pockets. Hmmm... if I let everyone use every last UU they have, then maybe they'll use money to buy more from me! :sge
MaguA
Forum Grunt

I have not been very active of late...just casually playing the game...but I did feel like I should post a comment on this update.

First...the good. I think this was a great idea...the offset of advantage between $ players and free players was just too high. With my current account (perg based) there were only 2 ways for me to save enough Naq for my next covert level. Buy a large amount with $, or use planet defenses as a bank (loosing a percentage of the Naq when sold off). So allowing me a way to save for the covert is a huge bonus for me and makes the game playable.

Second...the bad. As pointed out by previous comments...the miner/lifer balance will now be removed...there would be no need to keep miners to increase bank size. So naturally everyone will train in other areas and create stronger accounts...without miners there will be no income for you and you will just farm your income...but everyone will do this...so no one will produce income that can be farmed.

Here is are 2 suggestions that would allow the best of both.

1) Create the ability to "contribute" to your next covert level. Once the "contribution" is made the Naq is spent...but the next level bonus is only given once the total cost is reached. Kind of like "lay-away" or only getting to drive your new car only after all the payments have been made. This would keep the current miner/lifer/bank space in play.

2) Make income based on total realm size...so that Naq is always being produced.

This may have been discussed in the admin meeting so my apologies if this has already been suggested.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thank you good points.
#2 i thought of. not doing now but it is a thought kicking around.
#1 -see upcoming changes. the only 'safe' unit may be a miner. that should make more of them around :)

MaguA wrote:I have not been very active of late...just casually playing the game...but I did feel like I should post a comment on this update.

First...the good. I think this was a great idea...the offset of advantage between $ players and free players was just too high. With my current account (perg based) there were only 2 ways for me to save enough Naq for my next covert level. Buy a large amount with $, or use planet defenses as a bank (loosing a percentage of the Naq when sold off). So allowing me a way to save for the covert is a huge bonus for me and makes the game playable.

Second...the bad. As pointed out by previous comments...the miner/lifer balance will now be removed...there would be no need to keep miners to increase bank size. So naturally everyone will train in other areas and create stronger accounts...without miners there will be no income for you and you will just farm your income...but everyone will do this...so no one will produce income that can be farmed.

Here is are 2 suggestions that would allow the best of both.

1) Create the ability to "contribute" to your next covert level. Once the "contribution" is made the Naq is spent...but the next level bonus is only given once the total cost is reached. Kind of like "lay-away" or only getting to drive your new car only after all the payments have been made. This would keep the current miner/lifer/bank space in play.

2) Make income based on total realm size...so that Naq is always being produced.

This may have been discussed in the admin meeting so my apologies if this has already been suggested.
Don't make me use this!!!
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Granted i dont go to admin meets because of work, so it may have been covered,

But, what was wrong with the old bank sizes, why did they need changed???

Linking bank size to covert level was a mistake, ( im on vac mode, so if its changed again ignore ) only the massive players in the game can store naq now really, anyone who is ascending just got shafted big time, because no one ascending it going to build a covert higher than cover 30,

So

Covert level 30 - 3,221,225,472,000 naq <-- bank size 3trill come on
100k UP - It would cost 8,333,750,005,000 Naq to upgrade.

You should have left it the way it was, you know not broken dont fix it, espically when there are so many other suggestions out there GOOD suggestions at that.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

GeneralChaos wrote:Granted i dont go to admin meets because of work, so it may have been covered,

But, what was wrong with the old bank sizes, why did they need changed???

Linking bank size to covert level was a mistake, ( im on vac mode, so if its changed again ignore ) only the massive players in the game can store naq now really, anyone who is ascending just got shafted big time, because no one ascending it going to build a covert higher than cover 30,

So

Covert level 30 - 3,221,225,472,000 naq <-- bank size 3trill come on
100k UP - It would cost 8,333,750,005,000 Naq to upgrade.

You should have left it the way it was, you know not broken dont fix it, espically when there are so many other suggestions out there GOOD suggestions at that.
I don't think you understand.
Forum wrote:ok - the increase is done.
It is best explained here:

E.M.P. wrote:The intended effect is (for clarification for those who don't want to actually read and understand)

If your total bank capacity was above the cost of your next covert level; no change.

If your total bank capacity was below the cost of your next covert level; it's raised to the cost of your next covert level.

If your total bank capacity is below 1tril, and so is the cost of your next level; your bank space is raised to 1tril.

THAT is what is supposed to happen.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
matty~
Forum Regular
Alliance: RIcos warlords
Race: i need sleep
ID: 1950534
Alternate name(s): ~matty~
xzxmattyxzx

i for 1 actually like the new updates ,

they are alot better then the ones i have seen in the past, it will help bigger players to get them 1.6quad cov levls and medium players to get the 800tril levls.. the naq and uu added to new accounts will help the small players greatly.. both strategic wise and resource wise

but maybe a little more uu :P cant really do much with 100k :smt047
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
Spoiler
Some say im insane....I say..My Sanity just took a break

Im so far from the grapevine, im buying grapes from the supermarket.
BEWARE MY SCOPE ZOOMS HEAT SEAKING SCOPE . PRO SNIPER BABY
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith
ID: 0

I don't think it should be based off of covert lvls but a bank upgrade would be nice.

Just modify the current formula to have higher bank spaces.

cash spenders with lvl39 will have another advantage to spending cash and if you mod the formula its still based off income still meaning it is still far
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Um, yea, use the Dev Server... that's why you pay for the hosting over there...

now about those 3 quad banks...

why not just allow players to pay for huge covert levels with a layaway payment plan...

Pay your money at the service desk, when you have enough, choose a new covert / anticovert level...

or even a MS Tech Level...

your credit balance carries over through ascensions, with a
fancy checkbox to make sure that you are really, really sure thats where you want to put 100 tril...

with one caveat: no refunds.

Don't put 5 tril toward your next covert level hoping that you can get it back if war breaks out...

You will need to provide the additional funding necessary to get to the next level...

In the meantime, you get nothing.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Um, yea, use the Dev Server... that's why you pay for the hosting over there...

why not just allow players to pay for huge covert levels with a layaway payment plan...

Pay your money at the service desk, when you have enough, choose a new covert / anticovert level...

fancy checkbox to make sure that you are really, really sure thats where you want to put 100 tril...

Don't put 5 tril toward your next covert level hoping that you can get it back if war breaks out...

You will need to provide the additional funding necessary to get to the next level...

That is sick!^^^^^

Great Idea bro!!!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

Thanks mate... :D
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Um, yea, use the Dev Server... that's why you pay for the hosting over there...

That is an awesome idea, and have mentioned that several times on MSN in convos etc, i never posted it because i figured admin would never go for it.

I will say that, if your going to do it that way, there should be a 1% charge on all deposits.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

why wouldnt he? its realistic and everything!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

now if we could only roll back bank sizes...

hmm... pull out naq from an inflated bank size for more than 2 ?? turn changes...

(say for the next covert level...)

bank size shrinks down to naq held there, + ??? tril space... :P

(even if you see 23 tril naq out on a target,

AFTER you have emptied a 500 tril inflated bank...

you still have 60 plus minutes from the time you emptied your bank to fill it back up again...)

^^^ cuz if you are lucky enough to find a boatload of naq,
we'd hate to see you lose it because your bank vault collapsed before you could safeguard your haul... :P
Rymramoch
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Seriously ... 3 quad banks are retarded .... i have 400mil miners and only an 84tril bank ... if youre going to do this why not just give everyone a 1 quad bank minimum ...
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict

I have less than 160 mil miners,
and we have not used alliance upgrades nearly as much as some people have...

but my bank size is a little more than 1million times my miner count...

thanks to 5 years of PPTs for most of it... ;)

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”