LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

Lifer the AC while they have a def... Problem solved
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Many people are looking at this as a way to mass an account. Just by the calculations that is pretty impossible. Either you have to have multiple days of an inactive account to destroy 10% per day and if you start with 100% then eventually you will lose a greater % per day. If that person does not rebuild troops then the following day all you could destroy is 9% of what they originally had. then it would be lower and lower until you eventually would be wasting lifers to destroy them.

I see this more as a defensive countermeasure. Say for example you are online and you are getting massed you have no way to rebuild your def quickly so you must begin to lifer to destroy the enemy strike. Of course you would either have to mass or have someone mass the opposing persons defense but if you are fast enough you could lifer the strike and slow down a massing or make that person start to lose so they begin to mass themself if they are not paying attention.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the goal was not a 'free to use decimator of another account' but an 'option to seriously damage an enemy, at a cost'
the goal was not 'i will have you destroyed before you can blink' but 'i am going to wear you down, you miserable **Admin'd**'
the update can be altered, but it is better to start conservative and work up, than visa versa.

so for now it is an option in a grudge, or sniper, or whatever -- if you are willing to pay the price.
Don't make me use this!!!
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Forum wrote:the goal was not a 'free to use decimator of another account' but an 'option to seriously damage an enemy, at a cost'
the goal was not 'i will have you destroyed before you can blink' but 'i am going to wear you down, you miserable **Admin'd**'
the update can be altered, but it is better to start conservative and work up, than visa versa.

so for now it is an option in a grudge, or sniper, or whatever -- if you are willing to pay the price.

OMG! That's masking!!! Forum is breaking Forum rules!!! lol kidding aside I like the idea of the update and it certainly should be expensive for the attacker. Maybe the 10% limit should be removed because the high cost should be limit enough. Oh and it would be nice if there was a just as expensive way to attack the enemies lifers...
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

its a null update , thnx for it seriously i like it , noo neecd for def, free farming all around
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Forum wrote:the goal was not a 'free to use decimator of another account' but an 'option to seriously damage an enemy, at a cost'

a guy trains 100 million uu into to reduce that below say 30 million would take 11.5 days at the cost of nearly 720 million uu thats a pretty dedicated vendetta there, and a more like im going to wear myself down

and i think although yes you were right to start conservative i do think this is too conservative the 10% a day is a massive blocker i wouldn't even dreap about trying to drop a strike with that in place like i said 100 mill trained and you can only take out 10 mil. and what is 10 mil uu a turns worth of farming for most.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok so for fine tuning i am hearing:
* increase the 10% max per 24hours
* decrease ratio of super<>lifer to 5 or 8 : 1
* decrease ratio of merc to 2:1 and regular to 3:1

can certainly look at some / one / combo to tweak this.
what would people suggest is the right a) ratio b) 24hour max ?
Don't make me use this!!!
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

i think it should be
the % is the next 10 of there supers so i they have 100m supers will cost 10m lifers for 10m then 20m for 10m then 30m for 10m ect ect..
Lifers<>supers

1<>1 -10% cost
2<>1 -next 10% cost
3<>1 -next 10% cost
4<>1 -next 10% cost
5<>1 -next 10% cost
6<>1 -next 10% cost
7<>1 -next 10% cost
8<>1 -next 10% cost
9<>1 -next 10% cost
10<>1 -next 10% costs

this way you can take out all of there supers ether a few cheaply or all of them very expensively.

and it resets every 24 hours mby?

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Forum wrote:ok so for fine tuning i am hearing:
* increase the 10% max per 24hours
* decrease ratio of super<>lifer to 5 or 8 : 1
* decrease ratio of merc to 2:1 and regular to 3:1

can certainly look at some / one / combo to tweak this.
what would people suggest is the right a) ratio b) 24hour max ?

Would definitely say to reduce the merc one to 1:1.. Even lifers are worth more than killing attack mercs honestly they cost like 3k naq to buy each. 5:1 for supers, 3:1 for regulars and 1:1 for mercs.

24h max.. I think 20% is good. That's a realistic notable loss for someone but not too bad.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I guess my biggest issue with this is the same as most others. Its a bandaid, and does nothing to stop the actual problem.

All I see this doing, is making main follow Ascended. There you write off all att left after a farming run. You build a strike with a purpose. You use it for said purpose. Then you sell what you can and write the rest off in losses. It honestly changes nothing since everything can be built in 5 seconds, and used up in 5 minutes. Its still open season for snipers and does nothing to stop their "build, use, and turtle" strategy.

Just raisies the cost to have or use a strike, but even that cost is offset by the cost to your attacks who is killing your strike.

JMO
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Well Lore, this was implemented because a group banded together crying about how they couldn't kill the enemy units another group they are at war with and almost none opposed it, or showed up to oppose it. And you're right it's nothing more Han a band aid, and a bad one at that.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well Lore, this was implemented because a group banded together crying about how they couldn't kill the enemy units another group they are at war with and almost none opposed it, or showed up to oppose it. And you're right it's nothing more Han a band aid, and a bad one at that.
You are wrong JT, Just read what FM said here in this quote that is on the first page.

Field Marshall wrote:I originally came to you with this idea Jason as I exposed the fact that raiders are safe units....however, what you have done, is nothing...this doesn't make them vulnerable at all.

Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rudy Pena wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Well Lore, this was implemented because a group banded together crying about how they couldn't kill the enemy units another group they are at war with and almost none opposed it, or showed up to oppose it. And you're right it's nothing more Han a band aid, and a bad one at that.
You are wrong JT, Just read what FM said here in this quote that is on the first page.

Field Marshall wrote:I originally came to you with this idea Jason as I exposed the fact that raiders are safe units....however, what you have done, is nothing...this doesn't make them vulnerable at all.

No I am not wrong, I was there from the start.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

So here's whats happens

1) Account with stats ( & high Covert ) sabs away enemy def NOT SETTING AUTOWAR OR PUTTING THERE OWN STATS AT RISK TO DO IT

2) ACer is called in to mass down the def supers & kill the spies ( Sets autowar but has nothing but strike supers & ACers to hit back at )

3) Person being attacked cant lifer the ACers without wasting his own army taking out strike supers

This sucks and only benefits ACers !!!

Whats needed

1) Sabbing should set autowar

2) Lifering should set autowar

3) Lifer should still take out ACers FIRST regardless of def being up or down, instead of combined kills it should be kill ACers til they be gone, then kill soldiers/merc to they be gone, then kill supers last.

TBH as I said in the original discussion thread, unarmed lifers taking out armed supers is ridiculous, if people wanted strike supers/soldiers/mercs to be killable it would have been far better to make strike fight in def when the def was gone. In fact I would say remove lifers and lifering altogether and allow ACers to kill enemy ACers as well as spies.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Who exactly will that formula benefit? :-k

Deni

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”