LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

update as seen on the updates page:

Lifer Suicide Changes
Lifer suicides kill anti-covert (AC) units currently. They will continue to do so, at a rate of 2 lifer to 1 AC.

The changes are twofold:
1) On an AC only attack, you will lose a max of 5x the defender AC units.
2) IF the defender has no defences, your lifers will target AC and attack units AS WELL.

The way that #2 will work is as follows:
The rate of killing is 2:1 for AC, 3:1 for attack merc, 5:1 attack soldier, 10:1 for super soldier. (this was altered a bit to strengthen supers, weaken mercs)

The breakdown of WHICH units are targeted is equal to the percent of those units compared to total attack units (so if someon had 1/2 attack mercs, 1/4 attack sold, 1/4 supers, and zero AC and no defense, your lifers would divide, 1/2 aiming at mercs, 1/4 at soldiers and 1/4 at supers.)

The maximum lifers you will lose is (5*enemy AC + 10*enemy attack units).

LIMITATION: An enemy can lose a maximum of 10% of their attack units, as a percent of current attack units, in a 24hour period. More than this, and the military takes temporary defensive measures, preventing more military deaths. AC are not so organized. At least the lifers are smart enough to target all AC if they cannot find attack units.

comment away :)
Don't make me use this!!!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

The rates sound rather good, one cannot say it's overkill and unfair for attack troops/super soldiers.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

God has spoken. As it is written, so shall it be.

Wait. When I send in 1.2 M lifers, the game says I only sent 600k.
Also, when I send 9,999,999 against an inactive with only a few supers, it says I only sent 100k.
Is that correct?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Of the 999,368 victim units blown or otherwise made into bits, about 727,262 were anti-covert, 272,106 were mercs, 0 were regulars, and 0 were supers.
You note that the target soliders are beginning to exhibit new behaviours -- avoiding you, in effect....odd...

I need someone with calculator skillz :-D

Not bad, but with the % of trained units hit, I think the necessity to have a lot of lifers whilst playing online is going to be essential. I think this will essentially allow the gung-ho fighters to have a bit more strength if they can hone in the intelligence to make this work to their advantage during a live battle.

I need to do a lot more testing, who wants to play? :smt106
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Forum wrote:update as seen on the updates page:

Lifer Suicide Changes
Lifer suicides kill anti-covert (AC) units currently. They will continue to do so, at a rate of 2 lifer to 1 AC.

The changes are twofold:
1) On an AC only attack, you will lose a max of 5x the defender AC units.
2) IF the defender has no defences, your lifers will target AC and attack units AS WELL.

The way that #2 will work is as follows:
The rate of killing is 2:1 for AC, 3:1 for attack merc, 5:1 attack soldier, 10:1 for super soldier. (this was altered a bit to strengthen supers, weaken mercs)

The breakdown of WHICH units are targeted is equal to the percent of those units compared to total attack units (so if someon had 1/2 attack mercs, 1/4 attack sold, 1/4 supers, and zero AC and no defense, your lifers would divide, 1/2 aiming at mercs, 1/4 at soldiers and 1/4 at supers.)

The maximum lifers you will lose is (5*enemy AC + 10*enemy attack units).

LIMITATION: An enemy can lose a maximum of 10% of their attack units, as a percent of current attack units, in a 24hour period. More than this, and the military takes temporary defensive measures, preventing more military deaths. AC are not so organized. At least the lifers are smart enough to target all AC if they cannot find attack units.

comment away :)

isee now its better to go mass wothiout the need of a defence cuz it makes lifering quite expensive , u want my accers then kill my strikers/supers/mers , yawww how great
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Ok, so thinking about it...fundamentally...

Raiders 100,000,000

I just trained these...if my enemy is to attack, he can only get 10%. So 10m raiders, ok, fine...but it's gonna cost him 50m lifers to do that.

I originally came to you with this idea Jason as I exposed the fact that raiders are safe units....however, what you have done, is nothing...this doesn't make them vulnerable at all.

Oh well...come get my raiders :D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Is the number of lifers that can be sent in one attack still limited?
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Lithium
Forum Zombie

Exploit

what happens if one trains 1m strikers/supers/mercs , he get friendly lifered till the limit is reached then he rebuild x100 , at the point he cant be lifered 24 hrs.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

They get lifered the next day then since you can't untrain supers :P
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

This is pretty pointless... 10x lifers to kill 1 super?? who is going to use that?? its actually more than that once you consider they'll have attacke mercs.

This has the potnetial to be a game changer but currently I don't see it ever being used..
Lithium
Forum Zombie

well guys see the positive side. its a great update for those not having higher c/ac lvls and want to mass.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Reathe
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: Soldat
ID: 52637
Alternate name(s): Oh you c***!
B******!
That little S***!

First person I test lifer attack on: I try sending 10k lifers, then 100k lifers and then again 100k lifers. Each time the report says I sent 0 troops, nothing was killed and I have confirmed I did not loose lifers but I did loose the turns. Humm, definately no defence and I know there is some attack supers and mercs to kill. Not sure what is up with that *shrug*

Next time I pick an inactiveish account that has 30mill supers and 30mill mercs and send 100k lifers.

21,642 victim units blown or otherwise made into bits, 0 were anti-covert, 16,632 were mercs, 0 were regulars, 5,010 were supers.

So it looks like the math is correct(ish) according to the notes.

Not sure I like that deal though, only supers are really of interest to me and as most people tend to match attack mercs with attack supers that would mean half of my lifers are (in my mind) wasted killing mercs (which can be purchased for a farm hit or two). I make it around 20 to 1 killing supers at that rate which is significantly less than the expected 5 to 1 rate I thought I was going to be getting.

At those rates I would need to send 200 million lifers (200,000,000) in order to kill a strike force of 10 million attack soldiers + matching mercs and add to that I would have to do it over 10 days sending 20 mill a day (allowing the target time to top up the mercs).

I have a vague idea that you can have more attack mercs than attack supers, if true then it would mean an even higher cost to kill those supers.

That is far too expensive for me to consider as anything other than account suicide.

Suggestions;

Attack supers need to be 5 to 1 and Mercs need to be 1 to 1

Why?

We need to get more bang for the lifers sent (they are running in with explosives after all) so more supers should die, 5 to 1 sounds expensive but workable to me.

An attack merc is less useful than an AC agent as you can always untrain into UU but a merc is just a merc, cheap and plentiful. As an AC is currently 2 to 1 then I think a merc should be 1 to 1.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

yeah who is going to waste 100m lifers for 10m supers terrible ratio kinda waste of an update.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

8x... that's just IMO I can't see this being used very often unless you have a personal grudge against someone... but I can't imagine spending so much on such a little thing... your attackers already die mad fast so why be able to take them out?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Reathe
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: Soldat
ID: 52637
Alternate name(s): Oh you c***!
B******!
That little S***!

Of course another way to look at it is...

It will be a more expensive to take out Anticovert now.

As you will burn a lot of the lifers on supers at between 10 and 20 to 1 or mercs rather than 2 to 1 on AC.

Be interesting to see how that works out if your target has say 10mill supers, 10 mill mercs and trains up 5 mill AC to AC you......How many lifers will you have to send to kill all the AC?

I make it 20-30 million lifers will need to be sent. 30mill to kill them assuming the 10% per day does not take effect (lifers split 3 ways), but the mercs would bring it over 10% so it will be less than 30 but by how much?

However much it is, my AC feels a lot safer now :smt112

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”