Ascensions on the Black Market

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Ascensions on the Black Market

Seriously....You cannot have less than 3 of your own ascensions, or be at max ascensions, to solicit the gods for more ascension levels...You have 23.00 ascensions..

it costs $10 and there is no limit afaik and there is also no cost aside from the $10 you put into the game ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Spoiler
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Re: Ascensions on the Black Market

wow.. as if cash hadn't already ruined the game. :neutral:

Why not just make everyone UnKnown or remove all bonuses to main...
Death is the Road to Awe

Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

you guys looking at this all wrong ...

buying un unknown through updates: roughly 200 bucks
no covert levels
no mothership
no units
no ascended upgrades

nada .... 200 bucks ...

I have seen shell unknown accounts in the market with a build ascended account and medium MS and some covert levels go for less then 100$

If anything, this update will make existing unknown accounts worth more ;)
a very bad hairdo
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

My problem with this is that the new accounts do not have to spend any naq or UU when ascending allowing a quicker growth and less resources overall spent on ascending
Spoiler
Drought
Forum Expert

Angnoch wrote:My problem with this is that the new accounts do not have to spend any naq or UU when ascending allowing a quicker growth and less resources overall spent on ascending

But they spent RL cash :\

if I recall correct, for 10$ I could buy the resources i need for most ascensions ? doesnt it ?
Or does the upgrades and units from, for example, the last ascension to unknown; cost more then 10$ (black market worth)

All I see is a way for players to catch up more quickly.
Some will not like it, ... but I hope this simply keeps in newer players for a longer period of time.

It would seem this effects some players on a more personal level as they invested a different sort of time in it then potential new ones will have.
So yes, new players might grow quicker, ... good .... bring ehm on :smt066
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

This comes down to the 'cash is also a resource' argument, Agnes. While you may be emotionally correct, rationally, you are simply wrong. :P
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

rationally taken this is a simple money grab... ;)

but my problem stems more from the fact that all it costs now is cash in order to ascend which is a blatant disregard of the fact it used to take time effort and ability to ascend

if ascensions cost cash fine but at least make it necessary to get the GnR or something do not just a allow an essentially free ascension I think that further unbalances the game but oh well xD
Spoiler
Drought
Forum Expert

Angnoch wrote:rationally taken this is a simple money grab... ;)

but my problem stems more from the fact that all it costs now is cash in order to ascend which is a blatant disregard of the fact it used to take time effort and ability to ascend

if ascensions cost cash fine but at least make it necessary to get the GnR or something do not just a allow an essentially free ascension I think that further unbalances the game but oh well xD

how would it unbalance the game ?
through means of different ways unknown status was achieved ?
Thats not realy an issue ... quite a few long timers have complained about the lack of new blood in the top ranks ... this might solve it ...

And not to be a **Filtered** ... but, not everyone spents cash on this game.
Who knows, it might actually entice newer player to do it the hard way, BECAUSE its also possible to do it for free ;)
a very bad hairdo
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

i meant it unbalances in terms of the guys who spent time ascending and learning the "hard way" ofc you are right not everyone can spend cash and it may just encourage players to go further the old fashioned way I didn't think on it that way.
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

What Duckie said. If anything, this puts a cash value on ascending, and might motivate people to keep doing theirs 'for free'. ;)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Taking this all in is very difficult for me too Angnoch but i think it is going to be ok.

I think it depends greatly on which server you ascend for? Do you ascend to benefit your main server account? Do you ascend to benefit your ascended account? I do the latter because i prefer it and i'm looking forwards to my ascension, i've worked hard for it these last few weeks and i'm looking forwards to taking some time out and ignoring an empty shell for a week or two while i infuse my ascended being.

I don't understand the other side of the argument/concern because i simply don't really play main for main. Now, people who do play for main, can take a viable, scam free, shortcut. Am i annoyed? Not really. You can do it in almost every other aspect of the game and if you can't you can do it unofficially. I'm quite sure Forum doesn't need a new Ferrari, he rarely has time to drive the three he already has *snigger* so, there must be a reason to his rhyme and, to that end, i think you should look towards NewGrounds.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
EbilCC
Forum Addict

perhaps people who cant benefit from this should be given a compensation the people already unknowns to balance this out

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

I seriously don't mean to sound abrupt but could you extrapolate? You're Unknown, what more do you want? You're getting a Glory Shop. Do you think that my wallet and my love of my ascended account can afford me access to the Glory Shop? This year? Next year? Try the year after that!
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

lmao. Are you effing me?

Are you all so stupid? Are so many of you actually so newb? #-o

2005. No major cash spending or cash bonus'. Game rockets, does really really well. This continues through 2006 when cash impact is minimal. Major cash spenders start arriving in 2007, game starts to decrease and DIE in 2007, before SG-1 goes. Admittedly I will always say there are four main factors surrounding the games demise (death of SG, lack of care with game development, advancement of simply better gaming methods ((free graphic MMO's like D&D or GW and consoles or steam)), cash spending)

The cash takes away the wider scope of competitiveness. Why the bloody hell do you play a free game? To spend droves of cash to take a brief step to the top? Is that free? Is that actually playing a game or is that just skipping out most of the story? If everyone can buy everything, especially if it's as cheap as $200 for something pretty major (which is phenomenally cheap for anyone with an average job) the competition is fundamentally reduced to a minuscule group who can afford the exponentially rising cost's of levels to stay ahead. You're just repeating the mistakes that put this game on death row to begin with and letting your desperate, sad pathetic need for false aggrandisement in a fictional universe command you intelligence to propel you forward into yet another misguided update to let you get a brief moments fuzzy feeling until you realise some **Filtered** has just bought the next thing up!

This will make Unknown accounts worth more!? YES! GREAT IDEA! So anyone who cannot afford $200 to pay for the upgrade to take a tiny step towards competitiveness and is new to the game can go and buy one of the current cheap ones on the mar.. OH WAIT! The price has just sky rocketed. You can't take words on a screen and expect a large consumer base to be willing to invest hundreds, maybe thousands of $$'s and hours to make a simple line of numbers go up. As much as it seems that way people are just not that simple when you can download and play a graphically superior, better built and maintained without a cash monopoly D&D or Star Trek online.. or Guild Wars.

People played this game because it was FREE, because it had a great base idea. It's not free anymore.

This is not a step forward, this is the death knell... you absolute fools. I don't know why I ever bother trying to help this community, and don't give me crap about 'its helping the game'. If the game was still free, was advertised and managed the right way and people could come in a play without having to throw their life into it the game site would get a lot more hits and J would get more from advertisements to keep it going.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Drought
Forum Expert

Semper wrote:lmao. Are you effing me?

Yeah ... big time ... just you though. Is that masking btw ?

Semper wrote: .. smells like rant ...

So, have you picked up one of the other games ?
Or do you still play here ...

Cos I'd like to mass your ass for being an insulting-hyperactive-typaholic who lives in the past ....

ohw and btw ... you can still play this game for free ....
a very bad hairdo

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”