Income Planet Boost Tweak

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Removing Income Planet Boost?

Neimenljivi wrote:I think this update is good. That way people can't buy huge incomes and expect they can maintain top stats, but they have to make a compromise and sacrifice something. Either stats on expense of income or income on expense of stats. This also makes sure that things can't go in infinity because top incomes, without planets, can't really be much more than 80b, can they? Even if we said 100b, that'd still mean 1T income is max anyone can theoretically achieve due to army size limitations (ok I know it's not the max max, but that's a lot more than what's practically achievable), while practically that means a max of 600b (you have to have some UP planets too to beat plauge so much to have enough miners) and very small stats.

I think this is even better than no limitations.

~N
Gonna have to agree here.

All other planets have a cap based on your natural whatever, why wouldn't income planets? Pretty weird/stupid that they can give infinity income boost when everything else has a soft cap.

Good update. Sorry to anyone who sold off all your miners and are now out of UU, but did really not think twice and say "Hey it's a little weird income planets can give unlimited income..."

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Well well well!

Year ago admin made one update. After it, I sold my account and quit the game...

for 30 minutes, than I created new account and started again.

Ppl... realy... who of you was such stupid believing admins will alowe this way of GW economy?

Since day ONE was clear that X5 have to be changed. Attack/Deff/Covert planets adding only half of your natural power. UP does the same...

WHY THE HELL should be income planets unlimited? :)

But, I still love the income update, cuse it makes game more playable again.

just:

A) player with covert 40, AC 40, MS top10, 800b turn income... which means 1quad per month... with almost 0 miners, trained all to military? Meh... BS

B) even player with such planets, needs to invest 50$ weekly for mnerlins... at the end, hes not saving his money cuse 1Q would coist him 1000*0.19... 190$ but merlins 200$ :D So I dont understand why such income boost... but everyone can chose the way

C) admins $$ market would be pointles, cuse Naq sellers would drop the price of naq...

Bah... this last update is not bad, I understand that it hurts many. But those who are playing longer than 2 years can remember many of such fails of updates :)
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Good update. If this had been implemented in just one update then excellent move. But the whole two updates thing is nawt kool man. nawt kool.
mephis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TSD
Race: DDE
ID: 1909687

caesar2 wrote:Well well well!

Year ago admin made one update. After it, I sold my account and quit the game...

Ppl... realy... who of you was such stupid believing admins will alowe this way of GW economy?

Since day ONE was clear that X5 have to be changed. Attack/Deff/Covert planets adding only half of your natural power. UP does the same...

just:

A) player with covert 40, AC 40, MS top10, 800b turn income... which means 1quad per month... with almost 0 miners, trained all to military? Meh... BS

B) even player with such planets, needs to invest 50$ weekly for mnerlins... at the end, hes not saving his money cuse 1Q would coist him 1000*0.19... 190$ but merlins 200$ :D So I dont understand why such income boost... but everyone can chose the way

C) admins $$ market would be pointles, cuse Naq sellers would drop the price of naq...

Bah... this last update is not bad, I understand that it hurts many. But those who are playing longer than 2 years can remember many of such fails of updates :)

So by your Logic my raw is 1mil and i should only be getting 10k up from my 10 100k ups........ SMART

i dont see how u can justify the update when the 800bil Incomes now are only going to be achieved by 900mil miners MAKES SO MUCH SENSE :/
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS -TUN-TUK
Spoiler
SHIZZZO wrote: Rude comparison I know but, if I kicked ya in you r lag than told ya that it was not a real kick cause I did not kick you in the balls :D :D your words gave me this kind of an idea lol :D
NecroDeathMortum wrote:In Soviet Russia internet makes money off you!
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

mephis wrote:
caesar2 wrote:Well well well!

just:

So by your Logic my raw is 1mil and i should only be getting 10k up from my 10 100k ups........ SMART

i dont see how u can justify the update when the 800bil Incomes now are only going to be achieved by 900mil miners MAKES SO MUCH SENSE :/

What are you talking about?
And having 800b income with 10m miners is what?
MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

and since its 10b/turn/planet or pert natural income... now its how it should work... or?
ever before, all planets were built like these incomes. everyone was building big attacks, than it was made to 1/2 of your natural strike... so they built one HUGE planet and few tiny crapy. Admin updated it... it was never alowed to exploit planets like ppl thought they will do it with Income now.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

#-o :smt021

Admin just lost the game. See you everyone.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Well darn. I'm lucky in one sense, although my account setup doesn't really allow me to train miners...

This is why conversation on forums or off the forums would be far more helpful ahead of updates...that way we can hash out the problems that will come with them.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

mephis wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:I think this update is good. That way people can't buy huge incomes and expect they can maintain top stats, but they have to make a compromise and sacrifice something. Either stats on expense of income or income on expense of stats. This also makes sure that things can't go in infinity because top incomes, without planets, can't really be much more than 80b, can they? Even if we said 100b, that'd still mean 1T income is max anyone can theoretically achieve due to army size limitations (ok I know it's not the max max, but that's a lot more than what's practically achievable), while practically that means a max of 600b (you have to have some UP planets too to beat plauge so much to have enough miners) and very small stats.

I think this is even better than no limitations.

~N

Yes because anything you said there could be considered good :smt043

so for example if i had 10 2t income planets beofre this update i would be getting 300-400 bil a turn half that now with 200mil miners trained? would need anything over 30T (100mil supers) on top of that id need a decent amout of Spies (50-100mil at cov 38/39) to stop someone sabbing my def to hold my Naq say im on a 12 hour shift it means i wont be on for 24hours due to work and sleep thats anything over 10t

so were am i going to get the phantom 500mil miners to make my planets still worthwhile?

now the roles u say are reversed and iv got 10 2t income planets with 500mil miners thats STILL ALOT OF TURN INCOME with not alot of defence? im going to be a constant turn farm......like i said slap in the face admin slap in the face

And because you say it isn't you think you automatically have the privilege of the update not being considered good?

Every planet is limited by raw stats. It's only appropriate (and as to avoid the ridiculous incomes by some people) that income planets are limited by raw stats as well. That way those can still choose to keep their huge income planets and just PPT and be a farm other days or actually build their account at expense of their income (something everyone has had to do pre-income planets and post-income planets because they didn't give much bonus).

Also if you have 80b income per turn, you can still get the 80b income per turn from each and every one of the planets so, with 80b income per turn, you can still have the almost 900b income. This only assures that there is no "winner" in the game - the person who spends huge amount of $ on income planets and spy levels, builds an unbeatable defence and viola.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

i love this update it makes me lulz and puts a smile on my face :-D
Spoiler
Sanguis Sicarius
Forum Regular
Alliance: Dark Dominium
Race: Samurai
ID: 5054012

I am so glad to have emptied my bank into my planets the day before this removal,
Spoiler
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

well lets have some calculations then shall we

each miner/lifer gives 80 naq per turn x 48 thats 3840 per day

to reach 10b a turn you would need 125m uu trained

well that counts all of perg out then which means you cant build a planet above 480b in perg

If I knew this update would last like 5 mins I certainly would NEVER of bothered with the changes I have made, I would of remained at raiding cap size, ascended every 2 weeks saved myself $30 buying ascensions and stayed in main, I would be earning just 10b less than i am now but at least I would not of had any need to work on planets, defenses and platforms.

In fact had I done this the way I was going to do in the first place I would achieve my overall goal quicker and be aiming to get my 40/40 coverts sooner than I will now.

Now I am stuck with planets that cost me too much will constantly be more at risk of planet stealing (previously I did not even bother to protect them because I did not value them at all), stuck in pergitory for alot longer than I had planned for, going to have to sell most of my income planets at next to nothing to costs just to get back intogetting UP ones when I eventually get back into main
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

At the end of the day all updates are there to be tweaked. Nowhere does it make sense to have the top people earning hundreds of billions? Basically limitless naq as long as you keep investing. Speaking as one of the people capable of this, this would be a game ender.

It would make miners totally useless, causing newer players to feel comfortable to build stats. And the fact is there are too many ME hunters playing who would mass a new player fully trained up just b/c they could.

The current way update, you get alot of naq, (a more sensible amount), but it keeps miners relevant. And because the more powerful players build up stats, which cuts down on naq production, it helps newer players catch up somewhat. Just as the UU plague was designed to do.

As for reimbursement? I see no need for it. For many reasons! Just to give you an example, during our war with TAF, we were in a house that was bugged and it literally cost us hundreds of millions of exta UU and trillions of naq. We didn't get reimbused! And this is for a GENUINE bug. Tweaks are not bugs. And many previous updates, I'm sure others have experienced the same. Simply put adapt or die!
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:At the end of the day all updates are there to be tweaked. Nowhere does it make sense to have the top people earning hundreds of billions? Basically limitless naq as long as you keep investing. Speaking as one of the people capable of this, this would be a game ender.

Define a top player, I dont consider myself to be a top player more like a medium player, as you said so long as you keep investing, well myself and a few others purposely changed our whole way of playing to get into pergitory, I feel very let down that everything I sacrificed has been a waste
It would make miners totally useless, causing newer players to feel comfortable to build stats. And the fact is there are too many ME hunters playing who would mass a new player fully trained up just b/c they could.
and the problem is, if someone sets their account to have little or no miners and instead they want to build huge stats, just like in the TAF/OE war, I only mention this because you mentioned it in this quoted post, surely it creates game play, dont forget this is about a tweak of a tweak, this should of been corrected before so much effort was taken by so many

The current way update, you get alot of naq, (a more sensible amount), but it keeps miners relevant. And because the more powerful players build up stats, which cuts down on naq production, it helps newer players catch up somewhat. Just as the UU plague was designed to do.
The way I see this reply is, in my view contradicting one of the above, planets allow you to build stats so that you can suppliment your income to keep those stats thus keeping you interested in the game because you need high income for wars, I say this part and I am not digging at you or anyone who uses $$$, the original update allowed more income to be in play which allowed those who cannot use $$$ to be able to build up in such a way that they can finally compete, which by the way was one reason why I changed my whole way of playing to be able to catch up those who already had 40/40
As for reimbursement? I see no need for it. For many reasons! Just to give you an example, during our war with TAF, we were in a house that was bugged and it literally cost us hundreds of millions of exta UU and trillions of naq. We didn't get reimbused! And this is for a GENUINE bug. Tweaks are not bugs. And many previous updates, I'm sure others have experienced the same. Simply put adapt or die!dont forget the majority of any complaint here is not just that the tweaks have took place, not just that it should not of took place in the first place, not that we as the community were asked to vote but also that too long took place between tweaks where many people made huge changes just so that they may sieze an oppotunity to either catch up, narrow the gap between those who have other resources to count on and themselves and those who needed to have a reason to stay interested in this game

ETL thank you for a well presented reply and not make it personal, a pleasure and reminds me of the ETL I knew over 5 years ago
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Lol at people who are crying for spending loads of jaw and want it back. Your fault for doing it and thinking it will stay the same.

Everyone knows with these kinds of updates. When it clearly shows that a more smaller group of players in the game can basically be unstoppable.

@ Norbe. im glad you quitting. You haven't had the motivation to work your way back up to the top and just kept on whining like a baby wanting a bottle of milk.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Rudy Pena wrote:@ Norbe. im glad you quitting. You haven't had the motivation to work your way back up to the top and just kept on whining like a baby wanting a bottle of milk.

Hey, quit it you arrogant person. The last thing this game needs is more people to quit. It's unfortunate that once again people have been punished for playing the game by the rules.
Last edited by xXxsephirothxXx on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 5c
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”