July 6 updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: July 6 updates

i think you are asking for vacation - where you do not play (or benefit or lose).
that is a feature we added too.... Its free.
for PPT see my initial post or juliette's addition.

Empy wrote:
I thought PPT was put into the game so people could have time off because not everyone can play all day 7 days a week? Why charge people for that...
Don't make me use this!!!
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

If I may - What about the small player who is starting out or re-starting with a new account: =>

How about linking ppt costing to army size or ascension level or both?
give the smaller players the real option to buy it if they desire to do so? The naq option and other resources for that matter are a problem for smaller players while guys with big enough accounts like myself can afford to cover its cost and use my extra MT's to get further ahead of the smaller guys who have to use the extra MT's to get their ppt?

Cutting out the smaller player out of the market wont lead to the market trades been reflective of market values if people cant even afford to use it either :(

Is there a balance to be found may I ask? This is my suggestion to this current point of contention :) :-D
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

its a valid suggestion Lord Y ... I am not going to say 'never' or even 100% no... but ...

The short answer for now is that they do already pay less in using MT -- since they also get less out of each MT. They will not do 5x quantities; they will not merlin a huge planet; they will not convert as many SS ; etc. Their MT are 'less powerful' so the cost of PPT in MT is less (opportunity cost).

They can also farm, though, for decent naq. So getting turns and then naq (or UU via raid) --they can then use the PPT even at the 'expensive' rates.
Time or convienience ... they are usually interchangeable. And someone willing to put in the time, will get the benefit over those that opt 100% for convienience.

Lord Yojimbo wrote:If I may - What about the small player who is starting out or re-starting with a new account: =>

How about linking ppt costing to army size or ascension level or both?
give the smaller players the real option to buy it if they desire to do so? The naq option and other resources for that matter are a problem for smaller players while guys with big enough accounts like myself can afford to cover its cost and use my extra MT's to get further ahead of the smaller guys who have to use the extra MT's to get their ppt?

Cutting out the smaller player out of the market wont lead to the market trades been reflective of market values if people cant even afford to use it either :(

Is there a balance to be found may I ask? This is my suggestion to this current point of contention :) :-D
Don't make me use this!!!
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

god you really still are a moron admin

PPT yes more expensive some people dont get to farm

but watever change MT to 2 for free PPT

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Borek
Forum Addict

CCexy wrote:god you really still are a moron admin

PPT yes more expensive some people dont get to farm

but watever change MT to 2 for free PPT

And an average raid on 1 account spending 150 AT's or less gets you enough UU for a PPT. Sorry mate but if 5 mins to look for and raid 1 account is beyond people then they can spend 3 MT's for the free PPT...

20 mins searching and raiding can get you enough UU to cover your entire weeks market trades. What is this obsession with only using Naq for market trades anyway? Rates have changed, adapt or get ripped off.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

How about those of us that are above the raid cap, Borek? You know how precious UUs become then, if you aren't a billionaire who can afford to buy billions of UUs weekly through market, can't spend the UUs that take a long time to get, can you?

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

Neimenljivi wrote:How about those of us that are above the raid cap, Borek? You know how precious UUs become then, if you aren't a billionaire who can afford to buy billions of UUs weekly through market, can't spend the UUs that take a long time to get, can you?

~N
If you are over the raid cap then you have a decent income or if you have most of your army trained then one can assume a decent strike, plus you can always use generated UU from UP. Yes it is a sacrifice but that is kinda of the point, a ppt for 1 MT is not free, it is supposed to actually cost something. Fair enough before the update buying a ppt was chump change for anyone with a decent income, with the income planet boost for some it was actually less than 1 turns income.

I would actually say now it's easier for a lower army size player who can raid than it is for a plague cap beast account, but lets face it the price is still not a huge impact and anyone can get one completely free if they use 3 MT's instead of 1+resources.

Right now i feel smaller players have a very good market rate, they can raid for ppts if they want to take them, if not they can get either very cheap turns to raid more UU with or they can effectively sell a small amount of UU for a decent naq boost. I shed no tears for the big accounts who had it easy for many years with cheap PPT's, it is still not a big deal to pay the cost even now.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Neimenljivi wrote:How about those of us that are above the raid cap, Borek? You know how precious UUs become then, if you aren't a billionaire who can afford to buy billions of UUs weekly through market, can't spend the UUs that take a long time to get, can you?

~N
If you're above the raid cap you're not going to have ANY right to fuss about spending just 2T to PPT.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Not everyone has huge UPs that allow growth with (almost) no regard to losing approx a million units per week for PPTs. Sure, some have huge UPs that allow for that, then again - most do not.
I'm not saying 2T is a lot for me. Heck it's pennies for me (not in literal sense of course since I never spent any money on any online game). For some it's not though.
The thing is - I can not see any benefit at all from increased PPT cost. Tell me one positive side, please do, to increased PPT cost and I'll gladly change my opinion of this. As it stands PPT was basically for free for as long as market existed. Now suddenly PPT costs about 1/3 of TOP pre-planets income. Perhaps a bit less. But still, that's a huge amount. Those that don't have income planets - well for most it won't be worthwhile to go on PPT, because it simply costs too much.
What I propose, and what I think 95% of those of us that are against making PPT suddenly so expensive, is that the cost is either reduced 50% OR free PPT costs 2 MTs. Currently with it costing 3 MTs one that doesn't have the income to make going on PPT worthwhile, but still has to PPT 2 times a week due to RL stuff or decisions, has no MTs left for any kind of other trade. This is a HUGE impact on those people.

I know I certainly wouldn't spend 2T per PPT if it wasn't worthwhile for me, if my income wasn't big enough. If I needed merlins for, perhaps, a dual or two or three to hide - then I couldn't afford using the free PPT because I needed MTs for merlin.

So yes - one can farm to buy PPT with naq. Then again, what's the point of doing so if, especially new accounts, don't even make that much on PPTs? They'd be spending more than getting. For using 2x free PPT - the merlin dilemma I've shown above. Or could be ATs or whatever. The point is that using 2x free PPTs leaves you with no MTs left which is absolutely wrong in my opinion.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Neimenljivi wrote:The thing is - I can not see any benefit at all from increased PPT cost. Tell me one positive side, please do, to increased PPT cost and I'll gladly change my opinion of this. As it stands PPT was basically for free for as long as market existed. Now suddenly PPT costs about 1/3 of TOP pre-planets income. Perhaps a bit less. But still, that's a huge amount.
^This

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

I already spelled out the positive points in several posts, try reading.

The advantage is ANYONE can make a lot of naq by using their MT's to spend UU and gain Naq, they can also make a lot of tradeable turns by trading UU to gain AT's.

Current Exchange rates:
567,500,000,000 Naquadah for 640 Turns for 96,750 MineSlave/Lifers

483750 UU gets you 2,837,500,000,000 naq or 3200 AT's

Sell the turns for 1t per 1k or farm/raid with them. Don't care what planet you are on that is some sweet profit which benefits ANYONE. No one in the game is incapable of raiding or trading 483750 UU.

With 6 market trades a week that is a very nice boost for anyone, period. So kindly stop whining, this is simple maths.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

No need to act like an uncivilized egomaniac who believes he's better than all the rest.
Try reading MY post. I didn't say I want someone to show me the positive sides of the updates, clearly there are some, I said I want someone to show me the positive side of increased PPT cost.
The market could easily stay the same, with all the benefits, except that 550b would get you 1/2 of PPT and you'd have to choose quantity type 2 instead of 4, like it's been for oh so many years.
So again - I'm asking what are the benefits of increased PPT cost specifically.

So kindly stop using maths instead of the brain cells responsible for reading comprehension and first understand my post then reply to it as your reply was completely irrelevant to my post - I didn't ask what are the benefits of the whole update to market system but what are the benefits of increased PPT cost. These are two completely different things as increased PPT cost has mostly to do with quantities - I don't think anyone would be against it if it stayed at needing to buy 2 quantities of 1/2 of PPT - even if the cost for PPT tripled - while the revised market system (talking about resources trades only now) is only different to the one before that you can now use more resources for more resources than before. It'd basically have (almost) the same effect if the quantities of trade were increased to 10 or 15.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

Sorry but 387000 UU is not a lot for a ppt. It's also completely FREE if you are too broke to afford that many UU, just costs 3 MT's instead of 1.

You are complaining about nothing, we didn't have a free ppt before, now we do, yes if you use resources it is more expensive, but it is still affordable for everyone.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

We seem to have a communication breakdown or something.
What is the benefit of increased PPT cost which makes it, especially for smaller accounts, not worthwhile to even go on PPT?
And if they do want to make some "profit" from PPT and they choose free PPTs then they cannot explore all the mathematical wonders of the new market system you've shown to us before as they do not have any MTs left.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Neimenljivi wrote:Try reading MY post.
Read, understood, weighed against game priorities and considered incorrect. Your perception of the principle of PPT is incorrect. (No, reading your post and disagreeing is not a lack of understanding.. in fact, the opposite. Understood, and Borek disagreed.) ;)

Your question 'but there must be a benefit to increasing PPT costs' is answered quite simply: "PPT has been sorely underpriced the past few years. This has been remedied. Adapt or die."
(In Basic terms: Prices have been corrected against inflation and an initial undervaluing of the service has been taken into account.)

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”