July 6 updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: July 6 updates

Borek showed a lack of understanding as he didn't address my issue on benefit of PPT but he addressed the issue of revised market system which has it's benefits. However that was not what I was asking about.

What are game priorities, do tell, please.
Funny how it's been like this for years and no one ever complained or wanted to change it, even asked to change it, because simply - it worked for everyone.

I am pretty much unaffected by this change, but I know how much it would affect me if I had 100 mil army size and needed every tril naq, every 100k units, for ascension and stuff like that.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Hadean
Forum Newbie
Alliance: HVE
ID: 1986819

Well i must say that this updates just suck big time!! I am in perg and have limited def and now some dude have more that 28trill (i wont say who) attack just after that update, it is just unfair to the players in perg to alow ppl so big and with so big MS in. It is just stupid!!!! And i could not build so big MS any time soon!!! Well i will try, but it is just stupid...
The_Wolf_Rastelli
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

What's all this cribbing about the increased PPT cost. It clearly has just been given more strategic cost. You want it free, you pay by having less market options. Or you pay with resources and still have 4 market options.

Pay with UU obviously not Naq. It'd be stupid to pay with Naq, of course it wouldn't be profitable then. It's so easy to raid 400k UU for one PPT I can't believe it's a problem. If you are over the raid cap, you're obviously going to have a reasonable UP and some UP planets to keep growing. The PPT will be covered by the UP gained in them 2 days(probably even a day!).

I'm ascending for the last year and even by smaller UP back then would have nearly covered the cost now in 2 days PPT. It's no big cost now to ascending players, it's so easy to raid a few mil UU in short time anyway.

It's much better to pay
Option1
1)Use 1 MT on 2880 ATs,
2)Use 300, gain 800K UU,
3)Buy 2 PPTs,
4)2580 ATs left,3 MTs left
5)???????
6)Profit

Option 2
You could buy 1 mil UU off black market for what, 500/600bil. Use 400k on PPT, sell 500k on market. Get nearly 3 tril plus income from PPT plus 100K UU. This uses 2 turns, 4 turns for 2 PPTs and you still have two market turns left to get free turns/Merlins.

On a side note, I quite like the new market rates. Much better value for the goods and well worth using the market again for trades. Plus some people might not want to use the forum/black market so I feel it gives these players greater oppurtunity. Kind of reminds me of the old days when the rates were good and people used to trade for MTs. :D
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Forum wrote:defense gnr option added.
It effectively phases you so you take no damage from attacks (nor give it). Attacking others is OK as you are not in your phased space...
It works for all planet based attacks (sab;lifer;att;raid;) does not work for other planets (ie fleet on planet). Nor for spy. Look no touch.

Keep the feedback coming. :)

CHeers
j.

I used the defense gnr option today. I noticed that people can still damage your MS while your on it. MS is indeed not a part of your planet bases, but on the other hand you say only your planets can be touched and you can be spied. Nothing about MS.

Can you clarify if this is intended or a bug ?
Meh...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

@Rodwolf, MS damage is intended (so far). Anything not on your homeworld can be attacked; planets, fleets, MS. Consider your MS a mobile weapons platform, too large to land on the planet. :P
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Juliette wrote:@Rodwolf, MS damage is intended (so far). Anything not on your homeworld can be attacked; planets, fleets, MS. Consider your MS a mobile weapons platform, too large to land on the planet. :P

It kinda makes sense. Guess you still can defend your planets then with your MS while phased.

On the other hand, you spend 1 K Gnr to be phased and people can still mass your MS withouth any UU loss.

Not sure if one outways the other... :-k
Meh...
Cyberspilie
Fledgling Forumer

If you buy "Death-Glory Infusion Pulsarator Defensive Weapons" does it add something to your defense?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Cyberspilie wrote:If you buy "Death-Glory Infusion Pulsarator Defensive Weapons" does it add something to your defense?

About 20b defence. Barely anything. The intention is the points value, those weapons will stay when you are massed for another good couple of hundred AT. You also tend to phase whilst these are being massed on NOX/highest. Giving you an extra 15 mins to get back or to limit the ability of a higher AC level massing through your defence.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Teus
Forum Newbie
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1971518

Hadean wrote:Well i must say that this updates just suck big time!! I am in perg and have limited def and now some dude have more that 28trill (i wont say who) attack just after that update, it is just unfair to the players in perg to alow ppl so big and with so big MS in. It is just stupid!!!! And i could not build so big MS any time soon!!! Well i will try, but it is just stupid...

As another perg player, can I ask you to specify the issues of the update that you think suck so badly. I'm fully aware of the account that you "wont say who" is. But I'm also aware that what he can and can't do was present before these updates. This is being discussed in another thread.
I wouldn't mind clarification on your concerns directed at balance issues. Specifically regarding these updates in so far as they relate to playing in perg, as from my perspective they are largely neutral.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Teus wrote:
Hadean wrote:Well i must say that this updates just suck big time!! I am in perg and have limited def and now some dude have more that 28trill (i wont say who) attack just after that update, it is just unfair to the players in perg to alow ppl so big and with so big MS in. It is just stupid!!!! And i could not build so big MS any time soon!!! Well i will try, but it is just stupid...

As another perg player, can I ask you to specify the issues of the update that you think suck so badly. I'm fully aware of the account that you "wont say who" is. But I'm also aware that what he can and can't do was present before these updates. This is being discussed in another thread.
I wouldn't mind clarification on your concerns directed at balance issues. Specifically regarding these updates in so far as they relate to playing in perg, as from my perspective they are largely neutral.

I think it's WW's MS adding so much to his strike after the 250% increase?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Teus
Forum Newbie
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1971518

Duderanch wrote:I think it's WW's MS adding so much to his strike after the 250% increase?

Trust me I totally get that (and I didn't want to mention WW name), but he had no trouble with getting his strike high prior to the updates. Personally, playing around with a new account I'm finding the updates make it easier to keep MS strong enough to functionally support the standing army even when just starting out. It also adds a kind of fun wild card to the first strike against an account, because MS can have a real impact on the outcome of a one off hit (and remember perg has a VERY limited number of hits).
My previous post was mainly aimed at trying to get clarification from other PERG players as to how these July updates affect their gameplay in PERG (not simply what one account can/could/will do. I've had a nice rant in another thread if people feel they need to discuss this further).
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Teus wrote:
Duderanch wrote:I think it's WW's MS adding so much to his strike after the 250% increase?

Trust me I totally get that (and I didn't want to mention WW name), but he had no trouble with getting his strike high prior to the updates. Personally, playing around with a new account I'm finding the updates make it easier to keep MS strong enough to functionally support the standing army even when just starting out. It also adds a kind of fun wild card to the first strike against an account, because MS can have a real impact on the outcome of a one off hit (and remember perg has a VERY limited number of hits).
My previous post was mainly aimed at trying to get clarification from other PERG players as to how these July updates affect their gameplay in PERG (not simply what one account can/could/will do. I've had a nice rant in another thread if people feel they need to discuss this further).

New account? :smt060 what's your id?
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

doc holliday wrote:
Teus wrote:

teus give me the ids of anyone tryin to descend you guys :)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Guild wrote:
doc holliday wrote:
Teus wrote:

NAP :smt060 although i'm not trying to descend him :smt019
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Guild wrote:
doc holliday wrote:
Teus wrote:

Take your pick of quite a few TAF. Can always start with id 914 ;)
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”