July 6 updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: July 6 updates

Borek wrote:to be honest if people are silly enough to actually pay NAQ for a ppt with the current market rates then i weep for the lack of maths skills in the modern world.

Lets see, 400k UU or 2t+ naq for a ppt...wonder what is the better option there...

Anyone can get 400k UU easily enough, noob or otherwise. Hell raid a bit more and use the other 4 MT's you have left for 5x trades of around 490k UU for 2.8t x 4...that's less than 2m UU for around 11.5t naq every week, add in the 2 MT's for ppt's and you are spending around 2.8m UU for 11.5t naq plus 4 days ppt a week, GREAT bonus for any newer account!

+1
=D>
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
~Cerberus~
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 99561

I'm also having a problem with the lottery... Buy a ticket and it says ticket bought for 1 000 000 000 000, doesn't take the naq or give the ticket?
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

still 2 expensive for PPTS

it should be 2 market turns for PPT because some people very few dont PPT get6 market turns were most people if wantfree PPT cant upgrade account

another crap part of update by admin

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Couzens
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman
ID: 42786

Yeah its a big jump on the ppt cost side, wouldnt mind seeing it reduce to around a tril mark,

also this double strike is crazy, i really dont like it its way too overpowered and im a farmer :O

i would like to see it changed to something like 50% reduction in attack super losses for an hour, so similar sort of thing except the player would still need to buy the weps and train the supers to get the strike wanted.

Best Regards
Couz

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Did anyone notice the "Please report bugs or imbalances or just comment" on the Command Center page? Specifically, I wish to draw your attention to 'imbalances', and the subsequent action 'report'. There is no need for 'omg admin u suck', although venting your criticism that way works as well.. at times.
There is a time and place for everything, right? ;)

~cerberus~ wrote:I'm also having a problem with the lottery... Buy a ticket and it says ticket bought for 1 000 000 000 000, doesn't take the naq or give the ticket?
Try it now, it should work.
Borek wrote:to be honest if people are silly enough to actually pay NAQ for a ppt with the current market rates then i weep for the lack of maths skills in the modern world.

Lets see, 400k UU or 2t+ naq for a ppt...wonder what is the better option there...

Anyone can get 400k UU easily enough, noob or otherwise. Hell raid a bit more and use the other 4 MT's you have left for 5x trades of around 490k UU for 2.8t x 4...that's less than 2m UU for around 11.5t naq every week, add in the 2 MT's for ppt's and you are spending around 2.8m UU for 11.5t naq plus 4 days ppt a week, GREAT bonus for any newer account!
Exactly. Market tactics and newbie playing style, 'upgraded'. Do you agree this is a good change, Borek? You were very mathematical, I saw little of an opinion. ;)
Eärendil wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Lore wrote:just wondering if you feel well over 2 trill to get a PPT is something you consider fair or viable for new players? Seemed like 1 hell of an increase to me. Tho I can still afford it, I'm willing to bet a rather large chunk of the newer player base can not.
Hence the option to get 2 for MTs only. ;)
And loose the chance for the other options by a 3rd or 2/3rds.
Actually, using the MT->PPT trade twice means losing the chance for other options entirely. It is a choice you are free to make.
Empy wrote:
Lore wrote:just wondering if you feel well over 2 trill to get a PPT is something you consider fair or viable for new players? Seemed like 1 hell of an increase to me. Tho I can still afford it, I'm willing to bet a rather large chunk of the newer player base can not.
I already brought it up and he doesn't care to see reason on the subject.

The best option is to take PPT away from the trade for goods option, lower the free one to 1MT, and be done with it. It shouldn't cost you anything to PPT. We do have the 2MT option, although it's kind of silly to punish people for PPT'ing by making them pay so much more or use more MTs now. Not sure why that is how it is.
Since PPT is a protection system allowing you not to play and not get hit while still making income+UP, yes, you do need to pay for it. Either by sacrificing your MTs, some resources, or $.
It is a bonus/service; you ask to be placed out of harm's way without an account freeze. Payment not optional. (This is the explanation for why PPT costs resources, Empy.) ;)
High Empty wrote:Use 3 market turns (3 quantities) to receive 48 hours of protection (PPT - 48hours is maximum time. It is NOT cumulitive.).
note that you can get a PPT for 1 market turn, AND GOODS, below, using the trade market.

So i've been reading and i'm confused but it could be a saturday morning thing.

So i Can trade 3 mT for 48 hours of PPT, therefore i can still get 96 hours of ppt, but i no longer can get the 5 merlins per week aswell.
OR

If i look at the market below i can trade 4 MT for a 48 hour ppt and pay 2 tril. However i'm suppose to get some Goods?

Supporter Bonuses ($20)
Instant 8,400,000,000,000 Naquadah
Instant 6,750 Attack Turns (Attack turns are converted to Naquadah if the recipient is in the Pergatory Realm)
Instant 7,200,000 Untrained Soliders (Also converted to Naquadah if the recipient is in the Pergatory Realm)
Instant 1264 to Untrained Military Daily Production
10 Days worth of power to your Merlins Planetary Dimensional Shifting Device (MPDSD) that can protect planets from attack.
One additional Race Change 'Count'.
Includes Protected Planets Treaty bonus.

Those goods? or something else?

or these
Infusion Bonus ($10)
For $10 you can apply to the Protected Planet Treaty Board.
Includes 5 Days worth of power to your Merlins Planetary Dimensional Shifting Device (MPDSD) that can protect planets from attack.
Infusion Bonus ($10)
For $10 you can apply to the Protected Planet Treaty Board.
Includes 5 Days worth of power to your Merlins Planetary Dimensional Shifting Device (MPDSD) that can protect planets from attack.

48 Hours of Protection from all Attack and Sabotage UNLESS you attack, spy or sabotage another player, which cancels your protection immediately.

Suggested Ratio *Max hours of protection 96 hours + allaince ppt.
would be 1 MT per 24 Hour PPT, cumulative up to 48 hours
or 1 MT for 48 hours but you need to spend 1-2 tril.
Sorry HE, what was your point?
Goods = resources = Naq/UU/ATs.

You suggest making the PPT trades last 1 day instead of 2? Or, alternatively, allow 'half' a trade for PPT to get you a single day, and a full trade for PPT get you 2 days? Interesting idea.
edit; Reading back, I think you said 1 MT = 1 day PPT? See my reply to Empy.
Couzens wrote:Yeah its a big jump on the ppt cost side, wouldnt mind seeing it reduce to around a tril mark,

also this double strike is crazy, i really dont like it its way too overpowered and im a farmer :O

i would like to see it changed to something like 50% reduction in attack super losses for an hour, so similar sort of thing except the player would still need to buy the weps and train the supers to get the strike wanted.

Best Regards
Couz
The Double Strike is a masser's tool in principle. Your point about reducing losses vs. 'free' increase in stats is interesting.

Good feedback so far. ;) Now to congest it all into a neat little package..
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Couzens wrote:Yeah its a big jump on the ppt cost side, wouldnt mind seeing it reduce to around a tril mark,

Best Regards
Couz

I think this would be a much better option, doesn't sacrifice the cost of the mass by too much.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Borek
Forum Addict

Yup i am in favour of the market change, like any update some things are good for me and some not so good, but over all it is quite balanced. Costs a lot of naq to buy anything which reflects the top accounts with huge income planets having pretty massive incomes, but leaves a fairly cheap UU cost for anyone else as a very solid option for their MT's.

The extra merlins available per week is a great boost to people with a lot of planets to protect, certainly doesn't allow anyone to keep 10 dual indefinitely without additional investment, but it is a step up from the old system.

Not sure about the double strike, i would say Couzens idea to reduce losses instead of doubling the strike is a great one though.

Glory weaps i just don't see being that useful due to the small numbers you get, but then again if you got millions per MT they would be "must have" and overpowered.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
~Cerberus~
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 99561

Sorry still not able to buy another ticket.
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

Damn Im in perg with a 12.8t def using 30m units and I just got farmed with

1,503,721 Super Soldier and Away Team... I mean come on this guy only used 1.5m units !!

Little Helper uses its Nuclear Volley to inflict 11,204,050,000,000 damage, thats some ms attack power ?

I had AS 26,124,704,727,900 so did he by the looks of it 33,284,785,899,200

Still damn the update

Not complaining against the player their only playing the game, I just think this is really crap
Borek
Forum Addict

thorsworld1 wrote:Damn Im in perg with a 12.8t def using 30m units and I just got farmed with

1,503,721 Super Soldier and Away Team... I mean come on this guy only used 1.5m units !!

Little Helper uses its Nuclear Volley to inflict 11,204,050,000,000 damage, thats some ms attack power ?

I had AS 26,124,704,727,900 so did he by the looks of it 33,284,785,899,200

Still damn the update

Not complaining against the player their only playing the game, I just think this is really crap

Yeah he's been spending insane amounts of cash buying naq to make a titanic account...my MS is ranked 5 and my total power (without fleets) is less than the strike power on his MS...
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

My question was
Is it really 4 market turns for 48 hours of ppt? and you pay along with?
vs the 3 market turns for the 48 hours of ppt and you don't pay
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

High Empty wrote:My question was
Is it really 4 market turns for 48 hours of ppt? and you pay along with?
vs the 3 market turns for the 48 hours of ppt and you don't pay

NVM i understand now.

it cost 1 MT and 4 time in goods for the ppt.

btw updates are great lots of flex in the game now
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

can only buy one lottery ticket per turn change

0) 52142
1) 1 Trill NAQ
2) 2nd lottery ticket
3) 1 click
4) once clicking buy ticket button, I receive this message,

"Ticket Bought for 1,000,000,000,000 Naquadah"

However ticket count did not go up, and naq did not go down.

However whilst making this post I new the turn change was coming up, I waited for turn change and it let me buy another ticket, but when trying to buy the third ticket I receive the same message as above.

wardy
ID 52142
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Couzens wrote:also this double strike is crazy, i really dont like it its way too overpowered and im a farmer :O

Best Regards
Couz

I support this idea. A vast improvement over the silly double strike as it stands.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

Norbe wrote:
Couzens wrote:also this double strike is crazy, i really dont like it its way too overpowered and im a farmer :O

Best Regards
Couz

I support this idea. A vast improvement over the silly double strike as it stands.

~Norbe~

I support this also - its a far more balanced suggestion when it comes to the usage of MT's
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”