massing lmiits

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.

massing speed should be:

Poll ended at Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:43 pm

1 per second
11%
3 per second (like new setup live now)
40%
6 per second
4%
10 per second
2%
way more or unlimited
43%
other (comment in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 53
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

massing lmiits

from game updates:
"Massing / Hits over time limit - a 'throttle' has been added to the number of hits you can do over 2 seconds, and 20 seconds. The reason for this is to create some equality between browsers (some browsers allow 'button holding' on attack while some do not), and mousers/clickers, as well as allowing a small chance for an online account to defend ....
The limits are currently set to: 6 attacks in 2 seconds, and 40 attacks in 20 seconds.
Note that this counts simply number of attacks BY YOU (not turns used), regardless of unique targets. There is nothing stopping 2 or 20 of you, hitting all at once on a single target. The limit here is just YOUR ATTACKS over time. "

NEW (as of Aug1): Have set war/war to 30 hits per 2 seconds (5x not war) ; and 400 hits per 20 seconds (10x not war). -- see no reason not to enhance the feature with a valid and logical extension. Removed poll option for war/war doing more.
ARGGH - changing vote option by removing one resets vote!
As of reset of votes: It was 13 for more/unlimited; 11 for less/same as now; 7 for more than now but not unlimited ; a handful of 'other' ...

It pretty well explains things, but it is different than beore. Over time I got a lot of complaints that massing was too quick - at 300attacks a second, I can understand. No hope there to defend.
So - what is reasonable? What level is acceptable such that a player without a specific browser type/behaviour can compete, but the massing is still just that? I do know 300attacks/second is too much. Its not skill its just a 'trick' with a browser, at that level. But what is right?
A live test is the only real test on this -dev will not show the actual results. So its now 'live testing' .....

anyway - like all updates, its talkable....
willing to alter 6/2 seconds.
willing to alter 40/20 seconds.
willing to look at exception for war/war (no limit).
willing to entertain other ideas....

but the 300/second attacking scares people off - removes strategy, and unless someone can convince me otherwise, is not good for the game as a whole.

open floor. just try to keep on topic and offer REASONS for opinions. a simple 'it sucks' provides me with nothing useful.

thank you.
Don't make me use this!!!
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: massing lmiits

Forum wrote:from game updates:
"Massing / Hits over time limit - a 'throttle' has been added to the number of hits you can do over 2 seconds, and 20 seconds. The reason for this is to create some equality between browsers (some browsers allow 'button holding' on attack while some do not), and mousers/clickers, as well as allowing a small chance for an online account to defend ....
The limits are currently set to: 6 attacks in 2 seconds, and 40 attacks in 20 seconds.
Note that this counts simply number of attacks BY YOU (not turns used), regardless of unique targets. There is nothing stopping 2 or 20 of you, hitting all at once on a single target. The limit here is just YOUR ATTACKS over time. "

It pretty well explains things, but it is different than beore. Over time I got a lot of complaints that massing was too quick - at 300attacks a second, I can understand. No hope there to defend.
So - what is reasonable? What level is acceptable such that a player without a specific browser type/behaviour can compete, but the massing is still just that? I do know 300attacks/second is too much. Its not skill its just a 'trick' with a browser, at that level. But what is right?
A live test is the only real test on this -dev will not show the actual results. So its now 'live testing' .....

anyway - like all updates, its talkable....
willing to alter 6/2 seconds.
willing to alter 40/20 seconds.
willing to look at exception for war/war (no limit).
willing to entertain other ideas....

but the 300/second attacking scares people off - removes strategy, and unless someone can convince me otherwise, is not good for the game as a whole.

open floor. just try to keep on topic and offer REASONS for opinions. a simple 'it sucks' provides me with nothing useful.

thank you.
It is damm frakking impossible to get over 300 attack on you in 1 damm second.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

10-15 per sec.

Remove second cap, it's unneeded.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

I think the number should be quick, but we need to be able to atleast have a shot at repair and retrain..throttling will not allow this..the keyboard skill will come in to play when you have to stagger attacks, time and opponent attacks to sneak a repair in or retrain. With the previous set up NOBODY has a shot at any sort of "keyboard skill" because its just too fast...this new set up also kills the use of or potential use of scripting.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Also, speed massing is only going to happen with war/war.

Thats where DDE is whining about. They tell you you can do 300attack in 1 second.

Everyone else in the game will tell you its not possible to get 300 attacks in 1 second.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Sol
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:Also, speed massing is only going to happen with war/war.

Thats where DDE is whining about. They tell you you can do 300attack in 1 second.

Everyone else in the game will tell you its not possible to get 300 attacks in 1 second.

happens with no nox.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

DDE never mentioned 300/sec. Thats admins conclusion ](*,)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:

DDE gave admin "data" of over 1 month.....gee i wonder how admin came up with that.

Do us a favor and go play with your ladyboy Jockprincess. :-$
Spoiler
Spoiler
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I think a 10/2 ratio would be good.

Deni
Borek
Forum Addict

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=193895 selling up, that's my response.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

not to stiffle the creative comments...but...

dont have a ladyboy ;) not 100% sure what that is, but then again i am not pansexual.

did testing myself with zero internet lag and holding enter key till it 'autorepeated' on attack submit to get the (almost) 300 in a second or so. (had to use glory weapons so they did not die too quick although a 2nd computer doing repair would work too)

did not get 'info' from any group. i have the entire server i can look at...

the biggest issue in my mind is that the ability to 'speed mass' using keyboard button hold is not consistent across pages, or browsers. Only specific browsers do it, on specific pages. Its more a bug that allows it, than a feature built in to do it.

thus the limit. So the question is 'what should the limit be' ....

seems reasonable to me ....
Don't make me use this!!!
Sol
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

DDE gave admin "data" of over 1 month.....gee i wonder how admin came up with that.

To actually set things straight, admin said to me he has tested it out on the dev himself, with opera, FF, IE and chrome. Reaching his own conclusion about the 'speed massing'.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Base the limit per second off of the slowest browser of the 4
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Its rediculous. remove the cap. whats next, put a cap on my eyeblinking?

This happens only at war/war. and everyone tries to evade a war/war setting.
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

I guess the idea behind this update is fairly simple, protect people without nox from being rolled over

Maybe if it were thrown away for war/war settings because I've defended against Field Marshall twice and against xDaku, the gap is long enough for me to repair, sell excess weapons and bank in between the floods of hits.

I know I've got pretty terrible net connection compared to most in the community but I shouldn't be able to protect my weapons like this for so long with a war/war setting

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”