massing lmiits

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.

massing speed should be:

Poll ended at Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:43 pm

1 per second
11%
3 per second (like new setup live now)
40%
6 per second
4%
10 per second
2%
way more or unlimited
43%
other (comment in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 53
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: massing lmiits

The last active non-statbuilders all love massing. They are the bread and butter that have stuck through 6 years to remain here.

If I cannot mass or school anybody online because they are there pressing two buttons every 40 seconds, then I have no desire to be here.
Last edited by Field Marshall on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

The screen shot out of my HC section is for sale, interested? :smt043

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Jedi~Tank wrote:The screen shot out of my HC section is for sale, interested? :smt043

JT..
Enlighten us all who is selling alliances scripts to mass
and is DDE the only ones being confronted
or is it just your **Filtered**, like usual

Edit: See last post and 3rd page of the screenshot.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Goodbye rudy :-$

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Admin Jason,

I do feel this is a step in the right direction. I do have some thoughts on the matter though.

As per calculations done by me and Davinci - it takes now what, 39 seconds to remove a defense?

So since the one being massed now has more time to repair, with the more delay between attacks - one could argue that it would be fair, that when taking out repair naq, should he/she do it at the wrong time, the attacker should be able to get all the repair naq (when at war/war) instead of just part of it. There for bringing a bit more skills into the scenario.

I feel it could be decreased to less then 39s- but remove the option of logging on from multiple locations could be a solution.

Just my two cents,
KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

I'm a little confused here Admin. You see, this method of massing has been in the game for so long. Yet so many years after it being implemented you are now changing it? You are making it sound like everyone is being massed in 10s. The way I see it is you run the risk giving someone war of being massed fast. What you are now trying to do is give those who use the black market the option of running away from online massing through purchasing a one hour ppt. If you don't like being massed fast then don't give out war, simple. If this feature was broken then it should've been fixed years ago, and changing it now is ruining the game.....more so.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
|D3v1L|
Forum Irregular

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I'm a little confused here Admin. You see, this method of massing has been in the game for so long. Yet so many years after it being implemented you are now changing it? You are making it sound like everyone is being massed in 10s. The way I see it is you run the risk giving someone war of being massed fast. What you are now trying to do is give those who use the black market the option of running away from online massing through purchasing a one hour ppt. If you don't like being massed fast then don't give out war, simple. If this feature was broken then it should've been fixed years ago, and changing it now is ruining the game.....more so.

100% AGREE
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=190986 =trade feedback(new) so please leave some
Spoiler
xdaku wrote:play dead, works for me
she goes to call the ambulance, jump out the window and run for it
xdaku wrote:though I heard he was talking **Filtered** about you the other day.... I believe he was probably just taking a **Filtered** an people mistook the sounds for his voice
Xdaku wrote:yea people like brothers don't shower they go to car washes a proper "wash"
dark hero wrote:yeh **Filtered** that
that is money I would rather spend on cheap chinese **Filtered**
and drugs...
both at the same time
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I'm a little confused here Admin. You see, this method of massing has been in the game for so long. Yet so many years after it being implemented you are now changing it?

The point is it was never implemented, and more so trying to be stopped. AJ probably didn't realise it still occured until people started mentioning it to him.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

xDaku wrote:
xDaku wrote:I guess the problem comes when you hold down enter on one computer and repair on another. Then it comes to better hardware vs. actual planning. Solution?

Set a high limit, very high, so that the damn delay message never pops up for someone using the current technique on one computer, but for someone holding the button for a minute straight, well, that's not gonna work.

Something like 50 hits per second, would limit otherwise impossible attacks, but still keep the current gameplay.

The current gameplay is fine, if you stick with one computer and use tabs quickly, well that's the whole fun. But if you've got auto clickers, a combination of auto refresh and auto click, working together, you get attacks going at insane speeds. That's a little over the top.

Don't need to change the gameplay to stop 300 hits per second you know. Even 100 per second, is way too much, 50 per second, a good limit.

:-"

:smt047
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I'm a little confused here Admin. You see, this method of massing has been in the game for so long. Yet so many years after it being implemented you are now changing it?

The point is it was never implemented, and more so trying to be stopped. AJ probably didn't realise it still occured until people started mentioning it to him.

More like DDE mentioned it cause they were getting there asses beat fair and square. Now they crying and whining like a baby who needs some breast-feeding, as they cant handle being massed by skilled and experienced players.

Only till the past 1 to 2 weeks has its been mentioned only by DDE, no one else. They cant keep a def with war/war and not fast enough to have a few tabs open in bank and armory to repair def, so they need to go crying.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Sol
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:

More like DDE mentioned it cause they were getting there asses beat fair and square. Now they crying and whining like a baby who needs some breast-feeding, as they cant handle being massed by skilled and experienced players.

Only till the past 1 to 2 weeks has its been mentioned only by DDE, no one else. They cant keep a def with war/war and not fast enough to have a few tabs open in bank and armory to repair def, so they need to go crying.

What's your point? This has nothing to do with the issue really, you're just complaining about how admin was alarmed about it. At some point in time someone would have brought it up with admin anyway, if OE brought it up DDE would be complaing etc. That is still beside the point.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:

What's your point? This has nothing to do with the issue really, you're just complaining about how admin was alarmed about it. At some point in time someone would have brought it up with admin anyway, if OE brought it up DDE would be complaing etc. That is still beside the point.
OE would not have brought it up, as would no one else would have.

DDE are losing there defs too fast either to lack of attention or log watchers or something else.

It is not a bug! It is not a script! It is not a mouse clicker! It is not cheating! It is not anything but lack of attention to detail.

The real issue is JT/DDE are claiming that its a script and that someone and/or people are selling scripts and everything.

But yet no one else has come forward with this.

Why is it now that only one empire after getting beat for the past month are claiming its a bug/script or something and trying to get it to change?

Admin is only alarmed about it cause he tested it with no lags or anything, thus making this data flawed and worthless.

If he wants true data and results, he would do it the way everyone else does it. As you cant get 300 attacks on you in 1 second.

It takes less than 1 second to blink. You telling me I can blink 5 or 10 times in 1 second, but yet get 300 attacks on you in 1 second. That is very messed up data.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:

DDE are losing there defs too fast either to lack of attention or log watchers or something else.

It is not a bug! It is not a script! It is not a mouse clicker! It is not cheating! It is not anything but lack of attention to detail.

The real issue is JT/DDE are claiming that its a script and that someone and/or people are selling scripts and everything.

Make a new thread then, why do you think it's ok to post that in every thread? Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the rules again.
Rudy Pena wrote:Admin is only alarmed about it cause he tested it with no lags or anything, thus making this data flawed and worthless.

If he wants true data and results, he would do it the way everyone else does it. As you cant get 300 attacks on you in 1 second.

It takes less than 1 second to blink. You telling me I can blink 5 or 10 times in 1 second, but yet get 300 attacks on you in 1 second. That is very messed up data.

So DD, and many other people that actually used the method are wrong? I think 300 is an estimate btw, which you took it straight to your head. I used to use this method back in the day and my ping was ~3000 ms, and I can tell you now it would be close to 300. Lag has nothing to do with it since it just repeatedly sent requests without waiting for a response. So yes, 300 could well be possible.

You're still far from the point. Perhaps you should take a breather for a few hours before you come up with some more rants.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Forum wrote:from game updates:

It pretty well explains things, but it is different than beore. Over time I got a lot of complaints that massing was too quick - at 300attacks a second, I can understand. No hope there to defend.

So - what is reasonable? What level is acceptable such that a player without a specific browser type/behaviour can compete, but the massing is still just that? I do know 300attacks/second is too much. Its not skill its just a 'trick' with a browser, at that level. But what is right?
A live test is the only real test on this -dev will not show the actual results. So its now 'live testing' .....

but the 300/second attacking scares people off - removes strategy, and unless someone can convince me otherwise, is not good for the game as a whole.

Sol wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:

Make a new thread then, why do you think it's ok to post that in every thread? Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the rules again.
Rudy Pena wrote:Admin is only alarmed about it cause he tested it with no lags or anything, thus making this data flawed and worthless.

So DD, and many other people that actually used the method are wrong? I think 300 is an estimate btw, which you took it straight to your head. I used to use this method back in the day and my ping was ~3000 ms, and I can tell you now it would be close to 300. Lag has nothing to do with it since it just repeatedly sent requests without waiting for a response. So yes, 300 could well be possible.

You're still far from the point. Perhaps you should take a breather for a few hours before you come up with some more rants.
Admin has said it and that it comes from data he got from testing it out on a lagness test.

Which supported DDEs bug/script. Now if he wanted true data, he would test it out like a normal player with lags, just as a normal player would get from any browser.

Its not rants, its the truth.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

SoL, you say it would be mentioned sometime.

DDE claim that they have known about it for years. Now to me that right there is abusing a major bug.

Why only come forward with it now?

DDE members should get there coverts reduced by one or 2. Or there SS taken away from abusing a bug for so long.

Now the reason they come forward with it now is cause they cant handle the ass beating they taking. Otherwise they would be quite about it and keep abusing it.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”