Sept 27th Release (bloodwar;etc) COMMENTS here

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

Re: Sept 27th Release (bloodwar;etc) COMMENTS here

Lore wrote:How it works is not really my issue, but the fact someone is called a "winner" is what is all wrong to me. How you can claim to be a winner when the only reason you won is because your oppoent had more to kill is just crap.

This! Just a suggestion, how about that in order to have an attack of say 2trill one must train the 50% of it also in defence(while in bloodrealm). So if player A has a 2trill defence, player B has to train 2trill attack or less, but with the 50% defence guarding it. Not saying that should be the case, just make a twist that basicly makes everyone build up in order to destoy. Just a thought :smt017
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Nah - I deserve that one xD - cos he did :D
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Scar Face wrote:Join DDE, farm all the above :smt060
Bahaha that is the single best post ever, I love scar face.
Spoiler
Zod14c wrote: :shock: dont mass scar.. he is baaaaadasss
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

Scar Face wrote:
Lore wrote:How it works is not really my issue, but the fact someone is called a "winner" is what is all wrong to me. How you can claim to be a winner when the only reason you won is because your oppoent had more to kill is just crap.

This! Just a suggestion, how about that in order to have an attack of say 2trill one must train the 50% of it also in defence(while in bloodrealm). So if player A has a 2trill defence, player B has to train 2trill attack or less, but with the 50% defence guarding it. Not saying that should be the case, just make a twist that basicly makes everyone build up in order to destoy. Just a thought :smt017

* During attacks, your attack and defense units 'meld' to create simply a fighting force. Unit deaths, and weapon damage, will apply to attack and defense (ie the melded army).
Gone, left, no longer here.
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

ok, for clarification:

If i am in blood war and I lifer someone when they have no def and I kill off a lot of their miners. I get the kill for the miners deaths.. but they do not get the kill for my lifers exploding (yea, this has already been explained) But, my questions is this: What type of death is it recorded in ME as?? attacker/def normal? or would it be considered a super?(considering you have to give up 4 lifers to kill the *self filtered*, I would expect to get some damn good ME out of it... )

Also, to address the concerns about "most kills wins".... Perhaps to clean that up a bit the winner could be defined as the group that gains the most ME... now that would be a lot simpler than going off most kills if people start to get worried about going into a blood war with average person in their alliance having 500 MIL against an alliance who's average AS is only 150 mil. I can see how this, if not planed out ahead of time would be difficult to keep your AS intact and give the smaller guys an easier way to win based only off number of kills... Still balances things the same way by giving the smaller guys a way to really fight back but would address concerns about the bigger guys loosing more troops and loosing a war because they were so big.
Sorry if I don't make sense.. got bored on PPT and started drinking.

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

to answer some questions:

1) if they join same house it stops ability to attack each other. risk of bloodwar depending on units killed.

2) its an alliance war. commander/officer etc is not factorored into it.

3) if an allinace with 5 members, 1000mil units, engages a 30member 100,000mil unit, alliance .... yes, they have more to kill. And if they CAN kill more, they win. Keep in mind losses are also proportional to army strengths. Ability to sab related to unit counts. In short, it favors the larger alliance. So if they still manage to take down 10% + , and MORE than the larger allinace in raw counts, maybe they deserve to win... If there is an 'ideal' size for fighting bloodwar, maybe that is the best alliance size, if you are a fighting alliance....

4) if people leave, etc -- it changes nothing.

If a 'way to abuse' the system is found, it will be corrected. Right now there is a push to allow individual memebers out of war, individual choice over alliance as a whole, and I suspect any 'abuse of system' will involve this,so the fix may limit ppt or vacation or quitting alliance, etc...but for now it stays as is.

thank you
Don't make me use this!!!
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

What about the miners that get killed? what will they count for in your ME? Considering it takes so many lifers to kill them, will it register as a super? I mean it takes less to lifer a super than it will a miner.. so I hope the ME is proportional to the cost of the kill...

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

WoofyBear wrote:What about the miners that get killed? what will they count for in your ME?

I did a little lifering recently, and unless I'm mistaken, all the units killed (be they AC or attack units) were registered as 'Spy Killers Killed' (i.e., AC). So, while I have no confirmation for this, I'm guessing miners could be included there too.

Considering it takes so many lifers to kill them, will it register as a super? I mean it takes less to lifer a super than it will a miner.. so I hope the ME is proportional to the cost of the kill...

The kill ratio is 1 miner for 4 lifer.

2 lifer target 1 enemy anti-covert.
3 lifer target 1 attacker.
3 lifer target 1 attack merc.
5 lifer target 1 super attacker.

So it's more than an attacker or merc, but less than a super - and if (as I suspect) lifered attackers, mercs and supers are counted as spy killers, chances are so will miners.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Nice. I've noticed in the alliance relations. No nox kittens here.
abbadonas
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): kharn

i would like to have the accounts in purgatory checked for activity and the inactive ones brought out of purgatory or make it so purgatory can't be seen from normal reality in the attack logs
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

with all these complications added to the game i suspect any who is returning or starting new would make it :)
wondering why admin doesnt add a page of calcs lol
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

Lithium wrote:with all these complications added to the game i suspect any who is returning or starting new would make it :)

That is a class idea :-D
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Bloodwar should be limited to one per week.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - seems bloodwar too scary.
so....
miners not killable.
miners/lifers are NOT counted in the population count - of which 10% must die.
the 'most killed wins' should still work as more units =more killing power. more killing power (vs. less defence) = less dead in attacking. If need be can go to a % ....
ME is not easier. take my word on that :)

also - concerns over lack of turns ,etc -- so -- markets open (except getting PPT) during bloodwar. But no 'player help' via tradebroker, etc.

This hopefully will make it more attractive to fight...

Going live once its all tested on dev.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hehe.. testing = great. :-D
*stays up late to get first strike in*
Sol
Forum Addict

Lord Yojimbo wrote:
Lithium wrote:with all these complications added to the game i suspect any who is returning or starting new would make it :)

That is a class idea :-D

The help guide needs to be updated before this :P, it could include some calcs though.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

what calcs exactly? bloodwar?
the 'splanations' are still current...pretty sure...

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”