Sept 27th Release (bloodwar;etc) COMMENTS here

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Sept 27th Release (bloodwar;etc) COMMENTS here

Forum wrote:what calcs exactly? bloodwar?
the 'splanations' are still current...pretty sure...

well put a page for calcs, for sabing , or striking with combos of crit and blood war.
this will help many players who are not in touch with game mechs.

but still i dont understand why you have complicated this game so much?????

if i might suggest ya...
[spoiler]our quadrant in galaxy has done a full circle of galaxy and now the galaxy center beam is going to hit it (date) a new perspective is in front the 5th dimension. vibrations are high and who senses them is those who has completed the path now they can move up. main+asc transforms in a new game acc and carry a bonus of their acc converted. these new acc are different more powerfull and use a diff energy and means to fight. the 5th D can see the whole game and interact with them while the others cant do much to them.
farms/inactive stay same ,,,,, maybe if u really want to change smth for good then u might think its tiem to.[/spoiler]
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

So DDE and FS started and ended the first bloodwar to my knowledge, althou a nice feature its heavily bugged:

* You can not receive goods from other players outside of your own alliance.
* The market broker (as a reminder) requires same location as your trade partner. Bloodrealm is NOT anywhere...therefore not the same as existing trade partners outside your own alliance.

First thing I noticed, we we're unable to trade within out alliance, in fact there was no "To the Private Trade Broker" button, sending direct also didn't work.

* You can not hit, spy, sab, etc -anyone except your own alliance, and that of your enemy.

We were only able to hit our enemy not our own alliance.

The winner of the bloodwar is the alliance who kills the most of the other alliances' units (raided units count as kills too). Straight up and simple.
Past battles can be seen via the link: 'Chronicles of Galactic Alliance Wars' on the base page.

Kills doesn't show, all that is posted in CoGAW is:
Event Time Started Time Ended Alliance Orig Enemy Pop Kill Count Other Alliance Orig Enemy Pop Kill Count Winner (More Kills) Naq Won Comment

27-17912-1354988996 Dec 08, 13:49 Dec 09, 13:49 THE DARK DOMINIUM™ (37) 2,311,033,772 0 Forgotten Serenity™ (10) 527,922,069 0 THE DARK DOMINIUM™ (37) 27,893,765,536,843 BLOODBATH! Flawless Victory!

WARNING! --if the war was not bloody enough (not enough attacks; not enough deaths...say 10% of enemy population (except lifers/miners) at start of war, dead by end) -- the offending alliance(s) contract a BLOOD CURSE for 5 days following the war. This halves all stats, including income and UP. And a few other hidden nasties. Leave it to say, that the blood realm is not meant for vacationing....

Both alliances have bloodcurse, I'm not sure on FS, but DDE definetly killed over 10% in fact close to 100% of killable units on our enemy (I got cov reports if that helps you).

10% of alliance bank is taken as ante, which is given to the winning alliance.

As far as I know DDE won the bloodwar, but didn't not receive the naq for the alliance bank.

WARNING! --if the war was not bloody enough (not enough attacks; not enough deaths...say 10% of enemy population (except lifers/miners) at start of war, dead by end) -- the offending alliance(s) contract a BLOOD CURSE for 5 days following the war. This halves all stats, including income and UP. And a few other hidden nasties. Leave it to say, that the blood realm is not meant for vacationing....

Bloodcurse works just fine, expect income didn't get cutted.

Suggestions:
The war was only fought in the first 15mins I believe, once one side had no more UU, we had to sit in this realm doing nothing, so might want to change something on this part; ie. perhaps untraining miners later on, so there is the element of suprize? Still no training of them, thats a nice twist :).
The 4h wait period is IMO too short, maybe prolongue that a bit? People do sleep, work and have lifes.
The price of bloowars is high, so think you should do something on the reward part for the winner. For example, how about that the winner also gets 10-15% of enemys UU killed while in bloodwar but in naq value thru the ingame rates awarder to the alliance leader(who in most cases will distribute it to his fighters). Can it be done for each alliance member so you get a % of what u killed as a small reward?

Thats off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure I forgot some things.
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Nah - I deserve that one xD - cos he did :D
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Scar Face wrote:Join DDE, farm all the above :smt060
Bahaha that is the single best post ever, I love scar face.
Spoiler
Zod14c wrote: :shock: dont mass scar.. he is baaaaadasss
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Sol wrote:
Lord Yojimbo wrote:
Lithium wrote:with all these complications added to the game i suspect any who is returning or starting new would make it :)
wondering why admin doesnt add a page of calcs lol

That is a class idea :-D

The help guide needs to be updated before this :P, it could include some calcs though.

^ThIs
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thank you ... great post.
there were 2 major bugs, since fixed.
1) the deaths were not recorded during the war (forgot to port the db fields to live...)
2) the 'to/from' were reversed when starting the war (not sure how this passed testing...)
Fixing this solves issues 3,4,5,6 (winner random since no kills; bloodcurse since 0 is <10%; etc)

# 1 fixed (direct give only; rules updated)
# 2 fixed (changed to enemy only in rules)

So all fixed. Will look at a 6hour lead time? or 8?
Also - first to kill 100% ends war might work (can go over 100% as UP adds more units)
I do not want to allow untrain miner as that skews the population you must kill to get to the 10% and/or to win...

The counts do only factor NON-miner units... that part worked ;)

anyway - bugs should all be done... and good feedback. thanks agian.

Scar Face wrote:So DDE and FS started and ended the first bloodwar to my knowledge, althou a nice feature its heavily bugged:

* The market broker (as a reminder) requires same location as your trade partner. Bloodrealm is NOT anywhere...therefore not the same as existing trade partners outside your own alliance.

First thing I noticed, we we're unable to trade within out alliance, in fact there was no "To the Private Trade Broker" button, sending direct also didn't work.

* You can not hit, spy, sab, etc -anyone except your own alliance, and that of your enemy.

The winner of the bloodwar is the alliance who kills the most of the other alliances' units (raided units count as kills too). Straight up and simple.
Past battles can be seen via the link: 'Chronicles of Galactic Alliance Wars' on the base page.

Event Time Started Time Ended Alliance Orig Enemy Pop Kill Count Other Alliance Orig Enemy Pop Kill Count Winner (More Kills) Naq Won Comment

27-17912-1354988996 Dec 08, 13:49 Dec 09, 13:49 THE DARK DOMINIUM™ (37) 2,311,033,772 0 Forgotten Serenity™ (10) 527,922,069 0 THE DARK DOMINIUM™ (37) 27,893,765,536,843 BLOODBATH! Flawless Victory!

Both alliances have bloodcurse, I'm not sure on FS, but DDE definetly killed over 10% in fact close to 100% of killable units on our enemy (I got cov reports if that helps you).

As far as I know DDE won the bloodwar, but didn't not receive the naq for the alliance bank.

Suggestions:
The war was only fought in the first 15mins I believe, once one side had no more UU, we had to sit in this realm doing nothing, so might want to change something on this part; ie. perhaps untraining miners later on, so there is the element of suprize? Still no training of them, thats a nice twist :).
The 4h wait period is IMO too short, maybe prolongue that a bit? People do sleep, work and have lifes.
The price of bloowars is high, so think you should do something on the reward part for the winner. For example, how about that the winner also gets 10-15% of enemys UU killed while in bloodwar but in naq value thru the ingame rates awarder to the alliance leader(who in most cases will distribute it to his fighters). Can it be done for each alliance member so you get a % of what u killed as a small reward?

Don't make me use this!!!
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Naq Won-27,893,765,536,843

any chance we can have this naq actually put into our alliance bank please?

also a suggestion, what if during the process of getting to 100% and instigating bloodrealm, you destroy everysingle defence and strike, what is the enemy supose to do to you since you cant untrain uu from miners ? throw sticks at them ??

why not have it so you can untrain a % from miners or something, just something rather than just sit there and take a ass kicking
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate

Ah I forgot the ME, so now every kill is recorded properly as a e.g. UU, SS, raider and so on in ME(just wondering cause of the "merge" of attack and defence.)?

In my opinion 8h would suit myself the best, thou thats for the majority to decide. The more time an alliance has to prepare for bloodwar, then bloodier should it be IMO. Which after all is the point of it.
The 100% mark would fix the long boredom that follows the 15mins of fun, to get to 100% is duable, just requires a hell alot of turns, so maybe 95%?
Can the population number vary depending how many miners are untrained? Its just another % in the equation after all. Might be good thou to limit to 10% or even 5% untrainable miners perhaps? Its not much, not small but still allow a bit of suprize.
Also you missed:
Scar Face wrote:Both alliances have bloodcurse, I'm not sure on FS, but DDE definetly killed over 10% in fact close to 100% of killable units on our enemy (I got cov reports if that helps you).

I've based that assestment based on my covert reports when there was nothing left. By your calculations we killed 45.6% which I think is not the right result. Can you just double check that?

Scar Face wrote:The price of bloowars is high, so think you should do something on the reward part for the winner. For example, how about that the winner also gets 10-15% of enemys UU killed while in bloodwar but in naq value thru the ingame rates awarder to the alliance leader(who in most cases will distribute it to his fighters). Can it be done for each alliance member so you get a % of what u killed as a small reward?

As long as your around to fix it, I'm glad to help. :)

Forum wrote:thank you ... great post.
there were 2 major bugs, since fixed.
1) the deaths were not recorded during the war (forgot to port the db fields to live...)
2) the 'to/from' were reversed when starting the war (not sure how this passed testing...)
Fixing this solves issues 3,4,5,6 (winner random since no kills; bloodcurse since 0 is <10%; etc)

# 1 fixed (direct give only; rules updated)
# 2 fixed (changed to enemy only in rules)

So all fixed. Will look at a 6hour lead time? or 8?
Also - first to kill 100% ends war might work (can go over 100% as UP adds more units)
I do not want to allow untrain miner as that skews the population you must kill to get to the 10% and/or to win...

The counts do only factor NON-miner units... that part worked ;)

anyway - bugs should all be done... and good feedback. thanks agian.

[spoiler]
Scar Face wrote:So DDE and FS started and ended the first bloodwar to my knowledge, althou a nice feature its heavily bugged:

Suggestions:

[/spoiler]
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

make the bloodcurse for the individuals who were in the losing alliance. and if they go to ppt for how long it lasts it should freeze and continue when they come of vac, to stop people just running.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate

Bump hope you see/fix this before another bloodwar, we're always on the edge :-D
Spoiler

Spoiler
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Spoiler
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Especially the time till Bloodwar starts could use an change IMHO - 4 hours is quite short. I would propose 8 hours. By that time people should have had the chance to come online and check out the standings. With a game with players throughout the whole world, you're majorly screwed if you even can't prepare yourself because of a very short timeframe for such an important warfeature.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Also can we get rid of bloodwar acceptance checkbox on normal attacks, via Alliance command page? I created similar topic in game suggestions, and we got some discussions going on with other community members, so it would be really nice, if at least some of those suggestions could be implemented :)

the topic is here
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Warrsy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1993672

Make it the % of population killed who wins the bloodwar, too easy to get dragged into a bw by a small alliance and they have a lot less to kill compared to us.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”