Small fixes (Oct 28 -> ongoing)

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Small fixes (Oct 28 -> ongoing)

Small fixes:
1.) Alliance Message -> 1-,2-,3ic sender now given properly
2.) Ascended Blessing tech displays when you have bought, instead of always
3.) 'the' -> Double Dormant/Descended -> naming rules changed
4.) Unread messages -> coloured display in inbox
5.) Alert on new messages on base page
6.) Realm alert levels renamed
7.) 'Mark ALL read' button
8.) Fixed NGMain account -> OFF vacation = lose SS
9.) Alliance Management (3ic role) -> make 2ic 3ic = remove 2ic
10.) Alliance Title (word filter applies)

.. more to follow

1.) Alliance Management:
Your alliance's postal services have -since 2007- been confused when relaying messages from your Commander/King/Emperor/God/Big Kahuna. This has led to a tradition of the messenger being shot.
We take pity upon those messengers (in fact, people are running out of messengers after years of massacring!) and so have upgraded the systems to suit the digital age.
This actually brought to light what went wrong, and we changed the recognition software to compensate.
Now alliancewide messages are given the proper sender (1/2/3ic).

2.) Technology:
The Ascended Council complained to us, told us that their technological secrets were shared prematurely with people who had not yet unlocked them. They were horrified! And you know those guys, if they get horrified.. lightning is the least of your worries!
Ascended technology doesn't display on the Technology page until you buy it (following the logic of all other techs).

3.) Titles:
Another complaint by the Ascended Council pertained to 'double dormant/descended' accounts. The naming logic applied to various of the highest Ascended titles, and in some cases implied that ALL Ancient Gods were Descended! That implied weakness was unacceptable to the Council. They sure like their power.
As a solution, all high-ranking Ascended titles are now without article. "The UnKnown" suggested there would be only one of them, which clearly isn't the case; renamed to "UnKnown".
The 'dormant/descended' tag now is prefixed to the title; "Prior of a dormant AJNA" has become "Dormant Prior of the AJNA". "Immortal Ancient God of a DESCENDED INDU" has become "DESCENDED Immortal Ancient God of the INDU".
Naming logic has been amended.

4.) Inbox:
As mentioned in 1 we phased out our old system of 'runners/couriers' in favour of highly classified hardware and patented software. An interesting feature is the automated notification of new messages. Messages you have not yet read will have a distinctive red-coloured subject, and your left menu keeps a count of how many unread messages you have in your inbox.

5.) Base:
Even more on the new hardware.. it alerts realm Lords and Ladies to new, unread messages in your inbox. It's a convenience.

6.) Base:
Realm alert levels have been named peculiarly for a while now. While it made sense to never be on 'low alert', being on 'higherester' made potentially even less sense. Now, in this time of budget cuts and furloughs, we need to be realistic.
Realm alerts: None / Low / Medium / High / Critical.

7.) Inbox:
Good suggestions get turned into reality.
As Doc Holliday suggested, 'Mark ALL read' button added to the system. Some things just need human input.

8.) Vacation!:
NGMain accounts coming off vacation no longer lose supporter status. The NGM accounts without Supporter Status have received their flag back and can make full use of Broker & Market. Luau in peace.

9.) Alliance Management:
3ic role can no longer give their role to any higher ups (2/1ic). 2ic can not give their role to 1ic, can give 3ic to everyone except current 3ic and 1ic. 1ic can give all roles to anyone (except to current #ic's).

10.) Alliance Management:
Profanity in alliance titles is now filtered (as it is elsewhere).
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Re: Small fixes (Oct 28 -> ongoing)

bravo. could their be a "mark all messages as read" button now :smt081
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Support
Site Admin

doc holliday wrote:bravo. could their be a "mark all messages as read" button now :smt081
Makes sense. Done.
woodsy1
Forum Irregular

Good to see stuff being done :)
Sol
Forum Addict

was the issues of 2/3 ic being removed with power ever fixed? Or when 3ic and give 2ic powaz?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Support
Site Admin

Sol wrote:was the issues of 2/3 ic being removed with power ever fixed? Or when 3ic and give 2ic powaz?
Some time ago.

Also: Alliance Leader AWOL:
After 30 days absent, the 2ic can make the leader 2ic, and take their place.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=198968

Can this also be tweaked? You can have words that would normally be filtered in messages apepar in someones alliance title. I have been testing it since i created that thread and nothing has changed. I spotted several people with words that should be filtered as their alliance titles they have all since been changed due to either that above topic or because it was time for a change. However if the words are filtered in messages they should also be filtered in alliance titles one would imagine.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Support wrote:
doc holliday wrote:bravo. could their be a "mark all messages as read" button now :smt081
Makes sense. Done.
holy guacamole. Fastest SGW update I've ever seen! You're my hero
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

The inbox looks nice. Good job
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Some great little updates. I was a pleasantly surprised when my 3ic sent out an alliance message that had his name on the other day, and then seeing the "new message" on command center page was a good addition.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

~Odin~ #51 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=198968

Can this also be tweaked? You can have words that would normally be filtered in messages apepar in someones alliance title. I have been testing it since i created that thread and nothing has changed. I spotted several people with words that should be filtered as their alliance titles they have all since been changed due to either that above topic or because it was time for a change. However if the words are filtered in messages they should also be filtered in alliance titles one would imagine.
bump
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Support
Site Admin

~Odin~ #51 wrote:
~Odin~ #51 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=198968

bump
Posted in your thread yesterday. :) Done.
Support
Site Admin

8.) Fixed NGMain account -> OFF vacation = lose SS
9.) Alliance Management (3ic role) -> make 2ic 3ic = remove 2ic

8. NGMain accounts coming off vacation no longer lose supporter status. The NGM accounts without Supporter Status have received their flag back and can make full use of Broker & Market.
9. 3ic role can no longer give their role to any higher ups (2/1ic). 2ic can not give their role to 1ic, can give 3ic to everyone except current 3ic and 1ic. 1ic can give all roles to anyone (except to current #ic's).
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Holy **Filtered**, two consecutive support posts in one thread only 2 days apart.

This is unprecedented
Support
Site Admin

10.) ME fixes, see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=200008

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”