Planet degradation (triple, dual)

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Planet degradation (triple, dual)

Since March 10th planet degradation (familiar to all through the 'Triple Collapse' after taking/retaking a triple planet) now runs smoothly and in line with the planet reality after previous 'Change Stat' update.

The game considered Triples to be exclusively 'Att/Def/xx', a reality that changed when stats became changeable. This led to various issues with triples not breaking down properly (a hypothetical UP, Income, Covert triple would break down into a null-planet). The stat degradation has now been randomised, you have no indication of which stat will be permanently destroyed.
A triple planet can be taken once, and will lose their stat on the re-take. (Still considering whether that should also apply to the original owner taking it back within 24 hours, feedback welcome.)
This function has been expanded to include duals, which can be safely taken 4 times before losing a stat on the 5th conquest.

To help planet owners plan their planet management, the information regarding 'archaeological layers' (times stolen) is now available on the Planet Management page; an alert will show when the planet is about to lose a stat on the next conquest.

Additionally:
- planetary defences cannot be built on a planet until 24 hours have passed.
- abandoning a planet requires 24 hours cooldown after it has last been conquered.

Summary:
- Triple degrade after 2 successful conquests.
- Double degrades after 5 successful conquests.
- 'stat lost' is random.
- Planet Defences cannot be built until 24 hours have passed after conquering the planet.
- Planet Abandoning cannot be done until 24 hours have passed after conquering the planet.

(Planets have been taken .2 times on average.)
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: Planet degradation (triple, dual)

Support wrote:
Additionally:
- planetary defences cannot be built on a planet until 24 hours have passed.
So now the only way to keep a planet you steal is if the person is inactive/already stolen a planet?

That's stupid.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

I don't like the idea of a triple becoming a double upon original owner retake within 24 hours. Losing half your stats investment (25% losing it, 25% taking it back) is punishment enough for your very epic mistake.

Hell losing that much naq that quickly already makes one seriously consider jettisoning oneself into outer space. Kicking a man while he's down is frowned upon in most but not all places these days.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Can't see why you're not allowed to build defence on a planet for 24 hours now, Ok no merlins or abandoning it fair enough, But if you steal it you should be able to load up defences and risk a loss of your own from the original owner.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

The degradation of duals is an interesting twist. Given that the degradation of triples was implemented from the word go, does the change you have made to include duals start from this moment with a clean slate, or does it count the number of times a dual might have already changed hands prior to this change? If it counts prior takes, are any existing duals going to automatically become singles (without being stolen again), I.e. I have a dual that's been back and forth 20 times, will it become a single now, or just the next time it's taken?

Also, will a planets 'history' become visible via the spy reports, I.e. An indication as to how likely it is that a dual / triple will lose a stat if you take it?
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

They should reset this for existing duals. Some of mine already have 3 or 4 layers yet I've had them for a year or so untouched. I have been buying Merlins with $$ for a year now and the continuation of that moving forward is looking rather iffy.
Sol
Forum Addict

^Brings up a thought.

Why not, after some time and perhaps resources, allow people to 'fix' some degradation? After a month or so they can improve the layering (as obviously this was, to my knowledge, added to devastate wars and stop passing on/selling of planets).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Support
Site Admin

Not a bad idea, make a 'retake' (last owner within 24 hours) exempt from damage to facilities.. and it could not turn into a 'semi-merlin' by swapping a planet between accounts since you can only take one per 24 hours, so that makes sense.
Would definitely promote people trying to take their planets back, which is part of the dynamic these updates are aiming for. Alright, doable.
Sniperwax wrote:I don't like the idea of a triple becoming a double upon original owner retake within 24 hours. Losing half your stats investment (25% losing it, 25% taking it back) is punishment enough for your very epic mistake.
Yes, that was a bit of a question mark, it's either allowing a platform to defend it from the get-go, or defences.. trying to avoid a situation where a planet sniper takes a planet, spends 3T on defence and makes you spend trillions to retake it. :)
I would prefer the mobile defences option, but I'll take any feedback in consideration.
Mental wrote:Can't see why you're not allowed to build defence on a planet for 24 hours now, Ok no merlins or abandoning it fair enough, But if you steal it you should be able to load up defences and risk a loss of your own from the original owner.

There is no degradation without conquest; the duals will not suddenly become a single. They will, however, become a single the next time they are conquered.
Clockwork wrote:If it counts prior takes, are any existing duals going to automatically become singles (without being stolen again), I.e. I have a dual that's been back and forth 20 times, will it become a single now, or just the next time it's taken?
No, the owner knows, which is really the only party who has any interest in that information. Providing the information in spy reports would create extra 'planet sniper' incentive, and that is not intended with this update. (However, the degradation reflects the horrors and trauma of war that wrecks societies.)
Clockwork wrote:Also, will a planets 'history' become visible via the spy reports, I.e. An indication as to how likely it is that a dual / triple will lose a stat if you take it?
Adapt. All $-bought duals still owned by their original buyer have 0 layers, all other planets are simply as they are, safe as long as you keep them safe. If anything, your Merlins have just become worth a hell of a lot more. :)
Sniperwax wrote:They should reset this for existing duals. Some of mine already have 3 or 4 layers yet I've had them for a year or so untouched. I have been buying Merlins with $$ for a year now and the continuation of that moving forward is looking rather iffy.
That opens up a whole new can of worms. -_- Though it can be considered, need to run some numbers (and exclude triples given their OP-ness to begin with).
Sol wrote:Why not, after some time and perhaps resources, allow people to 'fix' some degradation? After a month or so they can improve the layering (as obviously this was, to my knowledge, added to devastate wars and stop passing on/selling of planets).
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:^Brings up a thought.

Why not, after some time and perhaps resources, allow people to 'fix' some degradation? After a month or so they can improve the layering (as obviously this was, to my knowledge, added to devastate wars and stop passing on/selling of planets).
Not a bad thought although a nice relevant discussion to have here would also be if viable mechanisms are present for defending planets at all. I don't mind buying merlins with $$ but there really should be more talk of eliminating the < 10% fleet power planet snipering also.

You might see some folks who can't buy merlins actually build up a few nice planet defs and/or plats and not have them shredded down by a little termite sized suicide fleets. Those trolls aren't building 1.5t fleet power they usually come at you with less than 100b and boooooy does it cost you exponentially more naq to rebuild. Either scale down the defender's losses further on suicide fleet spam or force them to send > 10% fleet power to do any planetary damage.

Perhaps Sol's idea and mine could make a baby together. Make it so every 7 consecutive days your planet is exposed with no ppt/alliance ppt/blackmarket ppt/vacation/merlins it loses 1 layer. Cosmic erosion? Perhaps. Maybe players can have the option also of instructing their individual planets to ignore PPTs so they can take a break but their planets are still exposed.

What a long, exciting, and probably expensive 7 days that would be! Could add modifiers to the planetary stat bonuses too to encourage people to keep 0 layers through 7 days of anxiety and repairing lost defense structures will still be expensive just not 1,000 times more expensive than the termite sniper's losses anymore. Could add a negative 1 (max) layer also if a planet is merlin'd for 7 consecutive days. So...

Layer
-1 105% Planetary Stats
0 100% Planetary Stats
1 90% Planetary Stats
2 80% Planetary Stats
3 70% Planetary Stats
4 60% planetary Stats
5 Stat Removed
Support
Site Admin

10%? You need 30% to even attack a planet. :) Less than that, and your fleets will not engage.
If that was not the case, there would be no legitimate reason to temporarily prevent building defences on planets.

Sure, big planet snipers will still be able to gut your planet, but nothing should ever be 100% safe.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Support wrote:10%? You need 30% to even attack a planet. :)
Less than that, and your fleets will not engage.

Sure, big planet snipers will still be able to gut your planet, but nothing should ever be 100% safe.
Unless my cheat sheet is outdated you need to send 15% to do damage and be able to repair the fleets after. You can send less than 15% and just lose them each time. Defenders still loses structures even to an army of ants.
Support
Site Admin

Alright, now I understand where your confusion comes from.
That has not been the case for a couple of months now.

You need to send at least 30% of the planets own defence (not counting platforms), if you send less, your fleet will not engage the planet (and no damage is done - at all), I am considering blowing up an attacking fleet if they try anyway.
Send more than that though and the planet will take some damage proportionate to your fleet strike. :)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Support wrote:Alright, now I understand where your confusion comes from.
That has not been the case for a couple of months now.

You need to send at least 30% of the planets own defence (not counting platforms), if you send less, your fleet will not engage the planet (and no damage is done - at all), I am considering blowing up an attacking fleet if they try anyway.
Send more than that though and the planet will take some damage proportionate to your fleet strike. :)
That sounds pretty reasonable. 30% seems high for small to midsize defenses but w/e. I didn't read about this update anywhere. Now think about some erosion for a huge update one day. It's like a little ascension for each planet awww how cute. Or maybe a whole bunch of naq is the cost??? Naq is boring though give people teaser carrots towards leaving their planets out hehe
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Sol wrote:^Brings up a thought.

LOVE IT!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

this update is painful :( found a nice dual, wasted tons fo naq massing down the defence and then lost its attribute when i got it

could we implement somehting to tell us weather the dual will loose the 2nd attribute or not ebfore we take it :-D
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”