Attack / Defence Planets

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.

Up/inc planets only or not

Planets should stay as they are
65%
Up/inc only
35%

Total votes: 17
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Attack / Defence Planets

Im just curious to how many people in the server want att/def planets.. i think we all know it's getting out of hand for people who are not willing to spend q's of naq, even wars have became so boring, no one is willing to build big because it takes 5m supers to mass 50t defences.

ideas to improve

1) only 1 att/def stat per planet

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
PTCACM
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Orici
Race: Ori
ID: 1991280

Re: Attack / Defence Planets

Like a said Miss Jules yesterday Att/def/covert planets should end
I actually see no reason for those planets above, its almost ascended that planets attack too ahah, for me only income and uu planets, until other idea for more kind of planets
PTCACM Trade Feedback
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191133

Trade Black List
Osiris™

To write history, one must be more than a man...
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

all or no planets simple :-)
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

IFLuX wrote:all or no planets simple :-)
lol no or farming/raiding would dry up and make the game even slower..

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Sol
Forum Addict

Do what I did with demi's, have a negative stat. If you want to better something you have to reduce it somewhere else. Gives the game a bit more of a dynamic.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Sol wrote:Do what I did with demi's, have a negative stat. If you want to better something you have to reduce it somewhere else. Gives the game a bit more of a dynamic.
Although, bias to yourself, I like this.

Although i'd happily have all attack bonuses to mass easily than to defend (if that was the negative). Cause not many people care on income anymore tbh. I have mines low enough noone would want to farm me.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

and someone need watch what bug find omegan a gold mine?
Sol
Forum Addict

Heisenberg wrote:
Sol wrote:Do what I did with demi's, have a negative stat. If you want to better something you have to reduce it somewhere else. Gives the game a bit more of a dynamic.
Although, bias to yourself, I like this.

Although i'd happily have all attack bonuses to mass easily than to defend (if that was the negative). Cause not many people care on income anymore tbh. I have mines low enough noone would want to farm me.
The fine print can be debated, there may be some clauses, i.e. ' you can only ever have certain amount of negative stat types before your army refutes your neglect of a stat' stops people from just hating one stat to refine another. Mind you, players don't have to know it, support could just code it in.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

R0B3RT wrote:and someone need watch what bug find omegan a gold mine?
Back again already, must be a new record mate.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

Sol wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:and someone need watch what bug find omegan a gold mine?
Back again already, must be a new record mate.
try protect the last player who continue play

i don.t care now
your reply to my post show how stupid you are :smt021
i.m not back someone sent me link on skype :smt019
Huxley
Forum Elder

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:Im just curious to how many people in the server want att/def planets.. i think we all know it's getting out of hand for people who are not willing to spend q's of naq, even wars have became so boring, no one is willing to build big because it takes 5m supers to mass 50t defences.

ideas to improve

1) only 1 att/def stat per planet
I agree to a point, but it is very difficult to balance due to the amount of naq being spent on these planets, that warrants such a difference.

It's not fair on those who have poured so much resources into planets to see them cease to exist, due to their costly upgrades being so dominant.

Can't keep moving the goal posts...
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
frazz
Forum Irregular

well if we follow my ascended rants

open up ascension for further ascensions

open up tech trees

one such tech tree could be nullify attacking planets effectiveness by % the higher up the tree you are it brings another dynamic as some will have some will not part of a defensive tech tree for example

def tree = planet def effectiveness
= att planets effectiveness
= increased wep damage on attackers depending on crit levl

wep types = att weps = repairable/unrepairable(but stronger)
= def weps = as above

only ascended lvls above 23 can access the tech trees and the three above could be broken further down in different lvls allocated so many points for ascended lvl

but the killer

and guess what we add another thread gnr and me can be spent to upgrade these tech trees

or to use for the purchase of say weps or go towards achievements to be able to go to the next ascension

the ascension must be done through gaining certain achievements

and if sol designs an app for ascended that can work on main as well then bamb you have a winner(just to add another thread in hahah)
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Sol
Forum Addict

frazz wrote: and if sol designs an app for ascended that can work on main as well then bamb you have a winner(just to add another thread in hahah)
xD Admin can code their own crap, not stealing mine :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frazz
Forum Irregular

Sol wrote:
frazz wrote: and if sol designs an app for ascended that can work on main as well then bamb you have a winner(just to add another thread in hahah)
xD Admin can code their own crap, not stealing mine :P

lol well how about we let you abuse tziki in person for a week you can do what ever you want to him as long as you wash him afterwards ?(mrs tzikis request)

however in seriousness what do you think because the idea about tech trees is interlinked with ascended

if its the answer I like you get mrs tziki for pleasue and tziki for pain lol
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Well since it's my planets and now about a half dozen to a dozen others.
your solutions are simple.

YOU get an UP boost and an Income boost, from up and income, the benifits of those must be weighed compared to an attack and defense.

Since
if my planets are switched to Income UP, i'm looking at 1 tril per turn income+ 15-18mil UP a day
Instead i'm sitting with zero income, and 5mil up a day.

Now where i see the real issue is the cost to covert from one to another. If the cost to convert is too high, people who have changed them for a war keep them changed. These same people are more likely to then start more wars. Whereas if the cost to convert was relatively cheap you would find that people would convert them for their wars and covert them back for there peaces. Giving you some balance.

One suggested solution.
Is to have a War Mobilization function. Setting it up that as a Min your planets give you NO (NO) NO bonuses stats for 48 hours. And then it phases in at a set rate to a max of 1 week. This would cost 1 merlin to change. That is compared to the 20 merlins IF you wanted it switched NOW.

That should allow people to take their fat income planets and say hmm going to turn them all into defense planets and invite people to mass me so i can laugh at them, or i'm going to turn them into attack planets and spank some people, or i'm going to turn them into covert/AC planets and all your weapons and spies belong to me!

Now what does this do a as a GAME function.

People with Large Merlin planets benefit. (hey look they do now anyways)
People with Average planets, now no longer have to sell there souls so have different options.
People with no planets (well your getting screwed, so start getting some planets, and yeah you might get them all taken away from you, but that's why you can get more!)

I would suggest that a change to planet defenses needs to be imputed into this.
If Attack steals a planet, and the defender takes it back ( no stat losses) ( defender can take TWO of his planets back a day) [ this means the defender can take a planet back, and the attacker can retake it, and the defender than can take it back again] for a total of only the 25% damage+ 1 layer of degradation.
Attack is able to build a defense or move platforms within 30 seconds of the planets being taken, This requires the defenders to have alot of fleets to take his planets back. It's not like the planet defenses are cheap.

Anyways
Most people know my skype if they have questions
if you don't ask someone they can point you my way.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”