Open Trade Broker

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Re: Open Trade Broker

This is looking great! Can't believe it's there that quick. Will try to get some tests going on.

Also I love the 95% return feature. That's awesome.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Where does the funds/uu go if accepted?
Other games have various ideas as what they do
Sol
Forum Addict

Looking pretty good ;). Found another display problem:
1 Turns for 500 Untrained (or 1 Untrained for 0 Turns)

Also...perhaps some upper limits so people don't clog the market with stupid requests:
Turns 1,000 100,000,000,000,000,000 Untrained
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

Will ATs and UU on the market count towards limits?
I can see that being an exploit if not, and how long will they stay on the market?
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Ha, good to see the reactions. (Thanks for the list, Sol.)

The market is still being developed and undergoing testing and many changes, so while you can tell a bit from what it currently does, things will change until the system is both well-tested and security/economy-compliant with Main.
Some of the things I will say in this post are not yet active, but will be soon.

In response to Seaborgium's inquiry about how trades are received:
Resources received are miners (in UU trades), personal ATs (in AT trades) and banked Naquadah (in Naq trades). Of course, cancelled trades directly return their original resources upon cancellation.
This market is not intended for unchecked commodity speculation. Of course it is not disallowed, all power to you.. but it will not be encouraged either. :)

All trades are subject to the standard caps and restrictions. As it is with the Private Broker, all resources placed on the Market count towards the caps.

Sol wrote:- 'of thier' spelt wrong
Fixed.
Sol wrote:- 20,419,800 1,000 Naquadah 1 Untrained for 0.000049 Naquadah (or 1 Naquadah for 20,420 Untrained) ) ....... extra right parenthesis.
Fixed.
Sol wrote:- I've just submitted 6 concurrent trades, thought it was capped at 5, can't do a 7th though.
Fixed; you can have 3 parallel open trades. - Need to find a balance; maybe restrict to x (thoughts?) trades per day.
Sol wrote:-"You have: 0 Naquadah and are trying to give: 2.4975E+14 Naquadah.", on failure of buying, perhaps number format that bad boy.
Fixed.
Sol wrote:- Naq based trades seem to allow a 3-4 hour less 'arrival time of goods', even so the times look...sporadic, seemingly based on the actual resources submitted for trade. I don't see the point?
They were. Randomisation had 'anonymity' as goal, though with expected trading volumes have no need for it.
'Fixed' by setting time to a fixed 2 hours.
Sol wrote:- 1 Naquadah for 0.000000 Untrained (or 1 Untrained for 50,000,000 Naquadah) )....looks a bit odd....
Fixed. Decided against 'abbreviating' factors of 103 (K, M, T, Q), though this might change in the future.
Sol wrote:- would suggest to make the default buy amount the actual buy-able amount for naq for the current user OR allow naq to be brokered from the bank, so you don't have to withdraw a large chunk to sell or buy. It might be good enough just make the default buy amount for all resources what the actual user can currently buy at max.
No, I'll clear up the phrasing at some point though.
Sol wrote:- what happens when 300 people make 3 brokers each in the first day? Does this get turned into a huge ass page? Or paged? or only the first 40 shown or what?
No, only the top 3 'best trades' are shown for each resource combination.
Sol wrote:- What happens with UU once a seller receives it from selling something like turns. Naq is banked, turns mean nothing, but UU... If it's delivered immediately, will it not be raidable?
See my answer to Seaborgium. Open for ideas.
Sol wrote:- Does the seller get a message every time someone purchases a multiple of their product? Will that be abusable - to spam someone.
Not as abusable as direct send is currently. :) Minimum trade amounts will make it less viable as a means of spamming, but quite frankly market spam is not a concern.
Sol wrote:- It would be good enough to assume your trades < public trades, so would it better to have them on top, first, before listing the rest of the trades?
That is a matter of personal preference. For now, I prefer to keep the order like this:
"New sell order" -> "Current 'best' orders" -> "Current own orders" -> Order history

Your own sell orders will not be in the list of 'best trades'. (Nor of any associated accounts.)
Sol wrote:Looking pretty good ;). Found another display problem:
I cannot replicate this display error.
Sol wrote:Also...perhaps some upper limits so people don't clog the market with stupid requests:
Trades like this are not realistically going to be the 'best trade', ergo unlikely to appear in the list.
UU is restricted in purchases (by the trade cap). I might set the maximum you can ask for the minimum tradeable amount of resource 1 to the existing caps.

Couple of things planned, partially in place:
- Price history (weighted best price on sell orders, volume based, using e.g. completed sell orders between un-associated accounts, all sorts of market data and trade statistics)
- Pergatory economic compliance - trading between realms (Perg<->Normal) is not allowed, travelling between realms with open trades will mean you cannot cancel these trades (you can only cancel your own sell order in your own realm)
- (Blood realm, see Pergatory)
- Weighing how to handle incoming resources.

Markets are usually fraught with loopholes and balance-issues. Please realise that while yes, the basic functionality was quickly implemented, it will take time to completely ward the system against loopholes. For that, I would appreciate it a lot if people keep testing and trying to get benefits etcetera from the new system on Dev. (Be aware that there are a couple of other changes on Dev compared to Live, which will not all come to Main. - When testing, please focus primarily on the Market.)

Keep voicing your opinions and ideas, you have been great so far. ;)
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

Arent personal ats uncapped and untradable?
Sol
Forum Addict

Support wrote:
Sol wrote:Looking pretty good ;). Found another display problem:
I cannot replicate this display error.
Sol wrote:Also...perhaps some upper limits so people don't clog the market with stupid requests:
Trades like this are not realistically going to be the 'best trade', ergo unlikely to appear in the list.
UU is restricted in purchases (by the trade cap). I might set the maximum you can ask for the minimum tradeable amount of resource 1 to the existing caps.
This was more of an issue related if you didn't show the best trades.

Also...1,000 turns for 500,000 UU gives: 1 Turns for 500 Untrained (or 1 Untrained for 0 Turns)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Support
Site Admin

Implementing. (Open -just- before Market Reset.)

Currently in place on Live, final tests involve automated trade expiration.
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Sol wrote:A few things:
- I've just submitted 6 concurrent trades, thought it was capped at 5, can't do a 7th though.
as in main, capped at 3 but have been able to have 4 open brokers since ever...
Sol wrote: - would suggest to make the default buy amount the actual buy-able amount for naq for the current user OR allow naq to be brokered from the bank, so you don't have to withdraw a large chunk to sell or buy. It might be good enough just make the default buy amount for all resources what the actual user can currently buy at max.
sorry Sol, this is sooo TAF.
no hiding.
Tees need a chance to be able snipe that trade - as with brokering and all other trading, cannot be 100% safe, not fun.
Sol wrote: - What happens with UU once a seller receives it from selling something like turns. Naq is banked, turns mean nothing, but UU... If it's delivered immediately, will it not be raidable?
maybe same as expired broker? button appears "claim within xxx minutes" (12hrs,18hrs,24hrs,w/e) if not claimed then falls into the open for others to steal?

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Support
Site Admin

No selling from bank or trained units.
Hard cap at 3 simultaneous sell orders, no restriction on buying (other than unit/AT cap) for Supporter, single trade per day (buy or sell) for non-Supporter.
Expired trades go into the open. The life of a trader is a risky one, up to you if the possible profit outweighs the risk.
Support
Site Admin

A number of interesting loopholes that slipped past the Dev stage have been addressed.

Thanks for the reports.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Pretty terrible function as it stands.

Trades last for 24 hours?
Well i just came back to 200m UU sat in the open because no one wanted to buy it. -5% because of the fee to post it.

Its bad enough i lose 5%, but i understand why.

But the fact it only lasts 24 hours? thats silly. Thats not enough time for enough people to be online, see it, need it, farm the naq for it etc.

And ofcourse there is the lack of safety. If it doesnt sell, (which you have no idea if it will)
It can quite easily be left out in the open and all your work is gone...

You should change UU to be put back as miners or trained attack units (not supers) so that you actually have some security if the trades dont get accepted.

Naq goes to bank, turns cant be stolen... UU should be covered in a secure way.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I think the point is it's a risk.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Duderanch wrote:I think the point is it's a risk.
Where as just organising it on forum/skype/private using trade broker...

risk avoided.

Function irrelevant/void.

point made.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

I presume trades expire at exactly 24 hours. So if you want to use the service, the best thing to do is to make sure you will be online 24 hours from now. If that's not something you can guarantee, it might be best to avoid it.

I could definitely see expanding the market time to 2 days though...but not much longer than that.

I've never put uu or turns on the ingame market...can you take stuff off the market manually (paying the penalty of course) if you choose?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”