Ascension Day!

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Ascension Day!

Hello GateWars,

Ascension Day is mere hours away. You may have heard some things about this, some of you might have spotted mentions on Facebook and Twitter, you should all have seen the Ascension Day Black Market event in-game.

7 years ago, the maximum number of ascensions was expanded to 23. Why 23 and not 20? Lovely story from the rich history of the game, we recommend you look over the Forum for DEMI and Clarkey. As one can see, even the Update Logs do not mention allowing a 23rd ascension.
On Ascension Day (May 6th), 2 further ascension levels are introduced, roughly following the standard structure of the other 23 ascensions. Especially for those who hit Unknown more than 3 years ago, you will notice some things have changed in the way the Ascension requirements are displayed. Red backgrounds indicates inadequacy, green backgrounds indicate requirements are met. Simple player-friendly features, the process itself remained the same.

We mentioned 'roughly' the same structure. These two ascensions are significantly more expensive than the previous ones. For starters, 24 requires 500,000 raw Unit Production, and at least one (covert or anti-covert) level 38. These ascensions are not for the faint-hearted.
While we understand that this could mean people still stop ascending at Unknown-23, consider the logic. Players who did the majority of their ascensions before the Ascended Server and APP became more important will have a chance to strengthen their Ascended accounts; players who recently ascended to Unknown-23 can continue building up prior to their next ascension.

As this is a festive situation, we look forward to honouring the first person to ascend to 25 with a special mention in an in-game situation.
Additionally every active player receives a 10$ gift from us at GateWars (you will find the buttons on the Black Market page). This gift can be accepted until May 13th (the Ascension Day Market Special has been extended for this purpose).

So, TL;DR:
- Per May 6th, 2 new ascension levels become available;
- Honour for the person who first ascends to level 25;
- Free 10$ Black Market gift for every active player;
- Market inflation correction.

Cheers,
The Administration

Question: "So why would I ascend from Unknown-23? It is very expensive, I get only a limited bonus, and my Ascended account is already very strong."
Answer: Good points. You do not have to ascend. While most details of the future plans for the game shall remain mysterious for the time being, let us just say that people at Ascension level 25 will be in prime position for some interesting future developments. That either convinces you or it does not; the choice is yours regardless.

Question: "Why only 2 new ascension levels? OCD? Lack of courage?"
Answer: These 2 ascensions are expensive. The future holds many mysteries, but we are confident that this, along with a series of future updates will rejuvenate some of the more stale elements of the game.

Question: "Hey admin, I bought some of my ascension levels, can I just do that for these two as well?"
Answer: These ascensions cannot be bought on the Black Market. As mentioned above, these ascensions are intended to prime you for the future. They cannot be bypassed.

Question: "Doesn't adding more levels put stress on the newer people?"
Answer: Ideally, new room at the top should provide enough chaos for 'everyone' to thrive. Of course, someone with enough funds could just ascend regardless of the costs. Those who are in the position to do that also have a significant cost to weigh against the ascension.
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

Re: Ascension Day!

Please provide a link to the story on the forums about the ascension levels 21, 22 & 23 by DEMI and Clarkey as referenced above. I could not seem to find them. Thankyou.

Also, what will these two new Ascension levels be called?
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Tribulation
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Olympus

I can confirm the first level is

UnRevealed Of the...
Old sigs
Spoiler
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Have the $10 freebie market updates been added?

I can't see the options anywhere.
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
Game Over
Forum Elite

overlord elz wrote:Have the $10 freebie market updates been added?

I can't see the options anywhere.
Me neither ](*,)
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Terran Crusaders: TF
ID: 1933254
Alternate name(s): Flintlock

**Filtered** just got real
Tap for explosive fun!
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Do you lose MS stats???

Do you lose ATS, I bought a crap load?
Last edited by Colonel Jack Oneill on Thu May 05, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tribulation
Fledgling Forumer

Colonel Jack Oneill wrote:Do you lose MS stats???
No, you only lose tech upgrades :)

To clarify, you lose naq, at's, UU, covert and anti covert levels, and any tech upgrades.
Last edited by Tribulation on Thu May 05, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old sigs
Spoiler
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert

what about the 690 k ats I bought
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

unnamed, unknown, unrevealed,
unattainable ??? :smt050
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Game Over
Forum Elite

Colonel Jack Oneill wrote:what about the 690 k ats I bought
690k? Damn. Nice!
SilverStaff
Forum Newbie
Race: Ancient
ID: 10000

~NyX~ wrote:unnamed, unknown, unrevealed,
unattainable ??? :smt050
lol

Nice one.

Priceless.
''Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?''
~Douglas Adams~
''The more science we possess, the more we need philosophy; for the more power we have, the more we need direction.'' ~Mortimer Adler~
''We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.''
~Ayn Rand~
''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.''
~Edmund Burke~
''All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.''
~Thomas Jefferson~
''It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.''
~Mark Twain~

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert

24 th ascenion completed
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert

Additionally every active player receives a 10$ gift from us at GateWars (you will find the buttons on the Black Market page). This gift can be accepted until May 13th (the Ascension Day Market Special has been extended for this purpose).

Im not seeing this button in black market
Tribulation
Fledgling Forumer

Colonel Jack Oneill wrote:Additionally every active player receives a 10$ gift from us at GateWars (you will find the buttons on the Black Market page). This gift can be accepted until May 13th (the Ascension Day Market Special has been extended for this purpose).

Im not seeing this button in black market
The date is the 6th and I'm assuming main server time. Still have 1:54 minutes to go, as of this post :smt060
Old sigs
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”