Ascension Day!

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: Ascension Day!

Support wrote:For those who have been asking, yes, the "Ascend!" button displays at 1k.
You will not be able to ascend, however, unless you meet the requirement of 15,000 Glory and Reputation.

The other requirements will become visible to you as soon as you reach 1k GnR, and the 2 weeks since your last ascension are up.

Happy hunting!
ouch, bad enough you make it 3 times as hard to get G&R then you throw a massive raise on top.

As Tees mentioned earlier, something needs to be done about ranking when dead accounts can rank higher than actives with a def.

and if APP is changed does that mean the option to convert to turns is removed/altered too?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

It is a very tough one, fitting for the 25th ascension. If you are capable of meeting the technical requirements, you are capable of taking and holding rank. This is not your average ascension, so to speak; it is a true test of your ability at that stage within the game, more than just sitting barely within GnR-range with minimal stats. ;) Though you can still do that, it just takes.. time. Might be safer to wait it out than building up to spend your 60 days in the top 18, at constant risk of being massed by others who are chasing the same ascension, or just want to stop your progress.. 'Speed and risk' vs 'time and safety'.

I mentioned the long term vision of increasing tactical depth by offering more imperfect choices, of which this is a perfect example. That lies at the core of these updates as well.
~NyX~ wrote:ouch, bad enough you make it 3 times as hard to get G&R then you throw a massive raise on top.
Does it though? If you cannot build your account above a bigger (possibly inactive) account, do you really deserve the glory? I am leaning strongly to the "No". You have sufficient means available to bring down that bigger account and claim its place in the ranking for yourself.
~NyX~ wrote:As Tees mentioned earlier, something needs to be done about ranking when dead accounts can rank higher than actives with a def.

We could have that conversation in the thread opened specifically for that topic. I see you found it, thank you! :D
~NyX~ wrote:and if APP is changed does that mean the option to convert to turns is removed/altered too?
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Flintcawk wrote:
Clockwork wrote:
Flintcawk wrote:is there any major benefits for main server?
Sexy new name!

Other than that, currently same benefit that every ascension past the 7th gives, so 1% stats / blessing.
ahh it appears flintlock was taken...
so i chose something more classy as yourself. 8)
and that stinks
i believe clock was referring to the ascension name as a benifit... not complimenting you on your own name noobie ](*,) :razz: :-D :smt056

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

Thank you for these updates, it is very exciting. I did see my ascension button appear but it is now missing. Do you have to be in GnR range to be able to ascend? Sorry if I missed this. I do not think I was in the range before when I saw the button, but maybe I was.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Lu Bu wrote:Thank you for these updates, it is very exciting. I did see my ascension button appear but it is now missing. Do you have to be in GnR range to be able to ascend? Sorry if I missed this. I do not think I was in the range before when I saw the button, but maybe I was.
You need 1,000+ G&R to see the button, you might need more G&R to ascend depending on what level you are ascending to.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

Thank you, I am UnK with 59k points. I did see the button but now it is missing. I just raised my stats as well to get into top 200 again but it is still missing.

edit - it is now appearing again. thank you if this was a bug. if not then you probably need to be in a GnR range to ascend
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Support
Site Admin

This was a bug, indeed. Thank you for reporting it, and glad to read your other comments. :D
Lu Bu wrote:edit - it is now appearing again. thank you if this was a bug.
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

Support wrote:This was a bug, indeed. Thank you for reporting it, and glad to read your other comments. :D
Lu Bu wrote:edit - it is now appearing again. thank you if this was a bug.
yay! thanks :)
~King of the Goa'uld~
reborn
Forum Elite

With G&R now changed, even if in top ranks but have nox on, we use to get plus 1 instead of 5.

But now get -1 cus of nox being on, not that much of a big deal just means playign with some things.

But with that in mind that would be that nox costs somethign that being G&R, so if we have 0 G&R are we going to see no nox. I would hope or expect something like this :)
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

teesdale wrote:
Flintcawk wrote:
Clockwork wrote:
Flintcawk wrote:is there any major benefits for main server?
Sexy new name!

Other than that, currently same benefit that every ascension past the 7th gives, so 1% stats / blessing.
ahh it appears flintlock was taken...
so i chose something more classy as yourself. 8)
and that stinks
i believe clock was referring to the ascension name as a benifit... not complimenting you on your own name noobie ](*,) :razz: :-D :smt056
Aw don't be so mean, I for one think Flintcawk is a lovely name :smt010
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

reborn wrote: But now get -1 cus of nox being on, not that much of a big deal just means playign with some things.

But with that in mind that would be that nox costs somethign that being G&R, so if we have 0 G&R are we going to see no nox. I would hope or expect something like this :)
YES YES OH GOD YES

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Seems to be real competition... Everyone off ppt beening massed in top 18 :)
Everyone except... Well.
At least it will bring enough blood and ME :)
RETURN of the P I R A T E
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Support wrote:
Does it though? If you cannot build your account above a bigger (possibly inactive) account, do you really deserve the glory? I am leaning strongly to the "No". You have sufficient means available to bring down that bigger account and claim its place in the ranking for yourself.
~NyX~ wrote:As Tees mentioned earlier, something needs to be done about ranking when dead accounts can rank higher than actives with a def.
well i showed you that bug like a year ago or so, dont remember now exactly. Were i would have all the higher stats than someone else and we both would have 0 def, and he would be ranked somewhere in the 200-300 range and i would be ranked somewhere in the 10k range. You didnt wanted to believe at first but then u agreed its happening like that and that its a bug. also said it is a complex one, and then said that u might have found a solution on dev server for that, or maybe the issue which is causing it, but nonetheless nothing have been done on main for it. and there are still account who benefit from this bug and some who suffers from it. Can hook me up on skype whenever you have time and ill find you another noob who isnt even active, but still benefiting from this bug.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Support
Site Admin

Will be in touch soon, D3ath. :)
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Who will be first ascended?
Lets bet...!

My 1Q on ETL... Would be nice to make a game on it ;)
RETURN of the P I R A T E

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”