2016: ongoing

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Re: 2016: ongoing

Well it seems she halved the amount of GnR you get on PPT
Also a little note:
Thanks to some who abused the hell out of the brokers/player market to move TONS of UU
You now lose any UU you can't reclaim from Brokers or players market, they die if no room
Also Ats are lost if you can't accept them by being over the limit, I bring this up as players buy form admin when THAT allows you to go over the limit
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Glory and Reputation earned on PPT now half of previous. (No modifier, straight 50% if on PPT, 100% off PPT.) You have the suboptimal choice between safely sitting on PPT, taking more time, or riskily sitting in the open, earning more rapidly.

Considering the suggestion made previously of increasing Glory earned while militarily active - outgoing attacks. Not going to provide a 'theft' mechanic, but this offers methods for interdiction attacks. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please speak up. :)

teesdale wrote:if your toying with this - would say the modifier should raise at a half rate while off PPT to what it drops while on PPT...

say youve just spent 2 days on PPT with it slowly dropping, could then spend 2hrs online(or even use alliance PPTs and just break the ppt on turn change then re apply another alliance PPT after turn change) to get back to full multiplyer then restart another PPT...
will stop the 10 days non stop at rank 1 thing if it takes atleast a full 24hrs off PPT to reset the multiplyer to full
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

If you cant generate the same GnR when on PPT, and lose GnR when on nox. Then your completely at the mercy of other people, and hoping they aren't **Filtered**. Most ascending players have lower coverts etc and have to train higher amounts of spies to get the ranks they need, meaning "free ME" to some players.

You've just crippled any new players.

A bad update me thinks.

[22:37:27] Mental - Harch Snr DDE: Well isn't it great hwo she drags g n r down to a smaller scale so that those priors and messiahs just joined up will NEVER reach unknown let alone the new ones
[22:38:06] Mental - Harch Snr DDE: Forward thinking fail turn the game into just bullying asshatswars
^ couldnt have put it better.
Last edited by ~Tziki~ on Thu May 19, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

~Tziki~ wrote:I think im done with main.

If you cant generate the same GnR when on PPT, and lose GnR when on nox. Then your completely at the mercy of other people, and hoping they aren't **Filtered**. Most ascending players have lower coverts etc and have to train higher amounts of spies to get the ranks they need, meaning "free ME" to some players.

You've just crippled any new players.

A bad update.

[22:37:27] Mental - Harch Snr DDE: Well isn't it great hwo she drags g n r down to a smaller scale so that those priors and messiahs just joined up will NEVER reach unknown let alone the new ones
[22:38:06] Mental - Harch Snr DDE: Forward thinking fail turn the game into just bullying asshatswars
^ couldnt have put it better.
That's the biggest issue, can't get it on ppt, can't get it on nox. While I know this is a war game. the people who spend $$$$ will sit on top. All those new players won't get far.

So Support.. Is this a on/off ppt thing or does it take time to come back up?
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Wow that a little rough don't you think , it's just keep getting harder and harder to finish the ascensions

If it's 50% should I not be getting 2.5 per turn and not 2
Last edited by Colonel Jack Oneill on Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support
Site Admin

Thank you, these are perfectly valid comments.
Canceled 1/2 Glory on PPT.

Please keep providing feedback like this, and please.. not just when I add something unreasonable.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Support wrote:Thank you, these are perfectly valid comments.

Please keep providing feedback like this, and please.. not just when I add something unreasonable.
zzzz, convenient update ](*,) can you please explain why this is a necessary update? struggling to find it's relevance, g&r gain has never been an issue. If anything, it's been useless in the sense for older players for a long time. Double strike is overpower and costs barly anything, nox can be used with 0 g&r.

5 gnr range, ppting 4 days a week = 12.5 weeks, just over three months to ascend.. you actually kidding me .. can't physically hold rank 1 without ppt with how easy it is to mass someone.
Last edited by ~Dä Vinci~ on Thu May 19, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Support
Site Admin

Why is it necessary to reverse the update where you receive half Glory and Reputation if you are on PPT? Umm, because when we reduced the rates at which GnR was earned, we achieved the intended effect of creating competition for the top spots? Or look at the other posts made against it. Sensible things.

The idea of reducing glory earned on PPT (arguably 50% is far too extreme) is fueled by the notion that in all game play, you need to have the choice between "risk and speed", and "safety and time".
However, the implementation (for the single TC it effectively lasted) was too harsh, and counterproductive. Hence the reversal. Ascension is a long-term process, the core of game play.

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:
Support wrote:Thank you, these are perfectly valid comments.

zzzz, convenient update ](*,) can you please explain why this is a necessary update?
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

ow ok, so lets cut it in half that's an easy fix. How about thinking about an alternative to gaining g&r and not just sitting around. PPT an essential in a turn base game and you shouldn't be crippled by it. This update or potential update is counter productive and would be more damaging then beneficial.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

@Support:

Just wanting to say thank you for at least being active in development of gatewars. I know a lot of people hate change, and this is a pretty "set in its ways" community so it would be no easy task. Sure some things won't work, and some things may fall over, but at least the wheels are in motion!

I appreciate very much the time and effort in trying to help balance and bring some new life to the game :)
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

overlord elz wrote:@Support:

Just wanting to say thank you for at least being active in development of gatewars. I know a lot of people hate change, and this is a pretty "set in its ways" community so it would be no easy task. Sure some things won't work, and some things may fall over, but at least the wheels are in motion!

I appreciate very much the time and effort in trying to help balance and bring some new life to the game :)
+1 you have been amazing.
Spoiler
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:ow ok, so lets cut it in half that's an easy fix. How about thinking about an alternative to gaining g&r and not just sitting around. PPT an essential in a turn base game and you shouldn't be crippled by it. This update or potential update is counter productive and would be more damaging then beneficial.
Tom just knows i'll DS the crap out of him for minimal losses if he builds to rank 1 outside of an 8 day PPT run :smt060

valid point tho... double strike needs to go - Da Vinci had what? 300m+ super guard defence other day, and i halved it in seconds for minimal losses- would have leveled it in a minute flat if he didnt pop on and nox me.

nobody wants to compete for rank 1 when when some flog like Tees is just going to come along and drop it like its hot in a matter of minutes for the sake of half hours worth of farming.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

IMO progressive decline to UP if not logged in after X amount of days may help - ofc capped at a % rate, so as to raid targets are not abolished all together...

less UU = more lenience in massing... right now i can afford to burn 500bil uu massing in an hour because it only takes an hour of farming to replace them.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
ombre
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Searching for
Race: Ori

New icons for nox and critical are just horrible. Why colours? Completly out of line with the rest of the site.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

ombre wrote:New icons for nox and critical are just horrible. Why colours? Completly out of line with the rest of the site.
Maybe this is the first step in the rest of the site is changing :razz:
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”