Revised Planetary Degradation

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Revised Planetary Degradation

Over the two years since Planetary Degradation was introduced, a substantial body of feedback has been offered. Thank you all.

In the feedback, a picture was painted of a violent maelstrom of planetary ping-pong in which the inevitable direction was the abolishing of planets altogether. That was never the goal, and it is not today.
Preventing wild growth and static behaviour, yes.
Discouraging conquest and maintenance of planets, no.

So, after thorough deliberation and some brainstorming sounding boards, the following changes have been implemented as of today:
  1. Planets, retaken by their previous owner within 24 hours after being taken will not suffer any applicable degradation effect. They will still take infrastructural damage [stat reduction], and a layer is added to the planet, but a planet being retaken will not degrade in the retaking. Be mindful of the time limit.
  2. Players, attempting to retake a lost dual/triple while over the monthly dual/triple limit will be able to take this planet regardless of the limit, as long as the planet was not lost more than 7 days ago.

Please provide comments, criticism and thoughts as you have them.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

Re: Revised Planetary Degradation

If a planet is retaken by orginal owner can defences be added?
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo

I dont like.

This would mean that unless you have a team of players stripping a target, there is virtually no strategic advantage to taking a single dual. Often with planets with a high defense, you have to mass it down. The reward for your work is knowing that you either keep the planet, or possibly cost your enemy one of his major stat bonuses. If degradation is removed upon the reclamation of a planet, and it most likely WILL be reclaimed if it is the only one taken, then there is no bonus for the aggressor besides costing the other player some naq to rebuild it.

Duals and triples are MAJOR assets to those who have them, and they should come with major risks as well if not taken care of.
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

My_Crows wrote:I dont like.

This would mean that unless you have a team of players stripping a target, there is virtually no strategic advantage to taking a single dual. Often with planets with a high defense, you have to mass it down. The reward for your work is knowing that you either keep the planet, or possibly cost your enemy one of his major stat bonuses. If degradation is removed upon the reclamation of a planet, and it most likely WILL be reclaimed if it is the only one taken, then there is no bonus for the aggressor besides costing the other player some naq to rebuild it.

Duals and triples are MAJOR assets to those who have them, and they should come with major risks as well if not taken care of.
If timed right the player only has 12 hours, as after 12 ppt covers planet. Also if more then 1 lost they have to pick which is "best" to be retaken
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo

Seaborgium wrote:
My_Crows wrote:I dont like.

If timed right the player only has 12 hours, as after 12 ppt covers planet. Also if more then 1 lost they have to pick which is "best" to be retaken
You’re right. However if it is taken back within those twelve hours, you can kiss that well earned removal of your opponents arsenal goodbye, because they’ll just rebuild it and be right as rain. Taking a single dual or triple would essentially cost both of you naq in the long run, and they would get their tactical advantage back with minimal fuss.
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Terran Crusaders: TF
ID: 1933254
Alternate name(s): Flintlock

Im not really in favor as well.
Like it just fine how it was...
:-"
Tap for explosive fun!
reborn
Forum Elite

Tbh i like it how the way it is/was.

Knowing u might destroy their planet for it being left out, thats the risk.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Support wrote: Players, attempting to retake a lost dual/triple while over the monthly dual/triple limit will be able to take this planet regardless of the limit, as long as the planet was not lost more than 7 days ago.

it has always been the case, if you lost 5 duals on the 1st of the month - you can take 7 duals until the last calendar day for that month - your monthly 2, + the 5 you lost...
has this been capped to 7 days now instead of the end of that month??

idc about the not degrading thing, seems like a minor detail...

THE MISTAKE was when it was made you cant defend a dual you took.

Thats the plain stupid thing... it literally means the ONLY way you can get a dual off someone is if they dont log in for 12+hrs or they lose multiple.
because even know little johnny is a flog and cant even keep 1 planet hidden, i put my effort into watching his planet, timing, massing its defence down, then he just pops it back with 1 fleet. 10hrs later and done. nothing else i can do about it.

WHERE AS BEFORE i had to spend 50tril building a defence, then hope he has crap fleets - and if he doesnt and has built fleets to use them as they were intended, then i have to watch my attack logs, and mass his fleets whenever he tries to get the planet back, forcing battle and hope that im better.

#MakeFleetsRelivantAgain

end rant.

fleets, useless now.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

The way I see it is
Player a has dual with 3 layers, it's taken now has 4 layers, 1 more then degrades.
With this change player A can take it back from player B with out degrading but now has 5 layers, so next hit poof single.
Same goes for trips.
I hate the can't defend planets, that's dumb.
I told administration do query of all accounts not banned or vacation and find the middle ground and cap defences to that. That allows top accounts to be able to take 1 shots, but allows avg Joe to mass the planet and retake it
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Terran Crusaders: TF
ID: 1933254
Alternate name(s): Flintlock

teesdale wrote:
Support wrote: Players, attempting to retake a lost dual/triple while over the monthly dual/triple limit will be able to take this planet regardless of the limit, as long as the planet was not lost more than 7 days ago.

it has always been the case, if you lost 5 duals on the 1st of the month - you can take 7 duals until the last calendar day for that month - your monthly 2, + the 5 you lost...
has this been capped to 7 days now instead of the end of that month??

idc about the not degrading thing, seems like a minor detail...

THE MISTAKE was when it was made you cant defend a dual you took.

Thats the plain stupid thing... it literally means the ONLY way you can get a dual off someone is if they dont log in for 12+hrs or they lose multiple.
because even know little johnny is a flog and cant even keep 1 planet hidden, i put my effort into watching his planet, timing, massing its defence down, then he just pops it back with 1 fleet. 10hrs later and done. nothing else i can do about it.

WHERE AS BEFORE i had to spend 50tril building a defence, then hope he has crap fleets - and if he doesnt and has built fleets to use them as they were intended, then i have to watch my attack logs, and mass his fleets whenever he tries to get the planet back, forcing battle and hope that im better.

#MakeFleetsRelivantAgain

end rant.

fleets, useless now.
I think im behind tees on this now
:smt050
Tap for explosive fun!
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

hmm, can't say i'm a huge fan of the change. Isn't this why layers was implemented, need to have risk around these planets. Better off having a system to remove one layer for 6 mt's and 50t naq or something.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:hmm, can't say i'm a huge fan of the change. Isn't this why layers was implemented, need to have risk around these planets. Better off having a system to remove one layer for 6 mt's and 50t naq or something.
+1
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

teesdale wrote: THE MISTAKE was when it was made you cant defend a dual you took.

#MakeFleetsRelivantAgain

end rant.

fleets, useless now.
i jusst feel i want to bump this for emphasis sake :smt064

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

LOVE THIS NEW UPDATE - thanks admin xoxoxoxox
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”