Visual Updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Visual Updates

Is there a chance we can get a button that allows us to have the option to set the visual aspect of the game back to the old way that we are used to? Like they did with ascended not long ago. I find the recent changes extremely annoying and...well unattractive and I am not the only one to think so. A lot of people I have spoken to feel the same way.

Odie
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

Re: Visual Updates

What he said :smt060
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Specific feedback, useful. :) Thank you.

Once roll-out is complete some time in the next few weeks, you will have an option to switch back to the old style, pre-2008. The old style itself will not be developed further.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Support wrote:Specific feedback, useful. :) Thank you.

Once roll-out is complete some time in the next few weeks, you will have an option to switch back to the old style, pre-2008. The old style itself will not be developed further.
I quite like the alterations
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
~Odin~
Alföðr

:smt050
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

~Odin~ wrote:Is there a chance we can get a button that allows us to have the option to set the visual aspect of the game back to the old way that we are used to? Like they did with ascended not long ago. I find the recent changes extremely annoying and...well unattractive and I am not the only one to think so. A lot of people I have spoken to feel the same way.

Odie
Stop being an old stick in the mud Odie, embrace change, adds to the spice of life! :razz:
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Eärendil
Forum Deity
Race: Forum Diety

Honours and Awards

Clockwork wrote:
~Odin~ wrote:Is there a chance we can get a button that allows us to have the option to set the visual aspect of the game back to the old way that we are used to? Like they did with ascended not long ago. I find the recent changes extremely annoying and...well unattractive and I am not the only one to think so. A lot of people I have spoken to feel the same way.

Odie
Stop being an old stick in the mud Odie, embrace change, adds to the spice of life! :razz:
The only thing that he changes are the brand of loafers that he uses.

The new login screen is not the prettiest but it is much more convenient for mobile.

Do not let my post count fool you, I still don't care what you think that you know.
“You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime"
Spoiler

Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Eärendil wrote:
Clockwork wrote:

Odie
The only thing that he changes are the brand of loafers that he uses.

The new login screen is not the prettiest but it is much more convenient for mobile.
Yep ugly as sin but awesome for mobile use.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Jeepers just had my first look at the log in screen in a long while :S

the 1990's want their fonts back :smt043
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
~Odin~
Alföðr

Clockwork wrote:

Odie
Dont make me raise my hand to your face crumpets!
Spoiler
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Mental wrote:Jeepers just had my first look at the log in screen in a long while :S

the 1990's want their fonts back :smt043
i want no pictures for naq... faster loading ..i want enter back for raiding.. and i want to bank **Filtered** which **Filtered** you in the ass while onliner.... let me not start by not be able to mass in ongliner when srver just crashes for 4 mins
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Something else specific:

Just logged in via the new page. The tab order is frustrating as once you type password, tab to go to login it highlights the "x" before the login. Meant I typed my login details three times before I realised where I was going wrong and that I had to double tab from password to login. Sure I'll forget that in a few days when i go to quickly login again.

A better tab order would be:

code
username
password
login
X

if possible.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Norbe wrote:

Something else specific:

Just logged in via the new page. The tab order is frustrating as once you type password, tab to go to login it highlights the "x" before the login. Meant I typed my login details three times before I realised where I was going wrong and that I had to double tab from password to login. Sure I'll forget that in a few days when i go to quickly login again.

A better tab order would be:

code
username
password
login
X

if possible.

~Norbe~
Can also just hit enter at the end of your password and it'll log you in. No need to tab to the login button.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Heisenberg is right.
However, for your convenience, I have rearranged the tab order to your more logical proposed order.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i would say all the updates except login was bad, cause only login made it easier for any device to login, cause attack logs are huge and if u are with smaller monitor height u have to scroll forever. Also i think after recent forums update the box where u type your message is too big and goes below smilies column and not side by side
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”