Covert/Anti-Covert Rank separation

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Automation prevention: Bank operations

goodie, because while I have experience many of these issues,
I've also experienced where captcha doesn't work, and allows access that is easier than intended...

For example, captcha function doesn't exist for most of a farm run, and then when it does, it has no image, just a checkbox, and then you're in... all night long...

perhaps the function is resetting itself after being broken for other people...
as it often occurs when there is a ton of naq out...

and then between 0:00 GameTime and 02:00 GameTime, someone's script tends to show up, and poof... in less than 5 minutes, all the good naq hits are gone.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Covert/Anti-Covert Rank separation

(As per Updates)

As mentioned and discussed in other threads, covert and anti-covert ranks are now calculated separately. Total ranking uses these two separated ranks for the calculation.
This adds sub-optimal choices: in order to rank (important for GnR) you will need to consider the effect of AC. The update follows the same logic now applied to Alliance ranking - increasing tactical depth.

Until the first turn change after implementation the 'anti-covert rank' will display as "unranked".

Please report any issues here.
DnV
System Lord
Alliance: The Legion / TÅÅE
Race: Nox
ID: 1996609

Re: Covert/Anti-Covert Rank separation

Great update, this is going to make that high GnR area so much easier to get into <3
The AJNA Path Of Ascension...

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - LG5 - Ancient God - Elder Ancient - God Ancient God of Legend - Immortal Ancient God - Timeless Ancient God - Prince of Timeless Ancient Gods

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Horrible for anyone ascending.

Take me. I Went from rank 12 to 343, now out of GNR. I'm ascending, have spent a ton on covert levels and now have to spend the same on AC, and lose it all?

I only have one ascension to do. Newbies have up to 25 so costs have just gone mad for them.

I think AC rank should just not count to total rank.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
IFLuX
Forum Elite

well it's gonna take longer nothing else :smt050 . Just adapt :D
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Andy!
Forum Irregular

I think it's a bad idea. You've turned a combat stat with a use for only combat into a rank with more killable units for seemingly no reason? Now people have to buy two sets of covert levels whilst ascending which just seems to alienate new players further and make it even more difficult for them to catch up.

Separate them sure but make AC not count to total rank
Role Play Voice
Andy, the leader of the Skeleton Crew, subject of the Judgement alliance, disciples of the House of Lofn, labelled cheaters by some, warriors by rights and victors, to be named.

Ascended Tournaments
Spoiler
World Radiography Day, 8th November
Then came a picture
of a lady's hand
in strange nature.
Unheard and unspoken,
there was a ring on a finger
to tell she was taken!

Greyscale appearance in and out
giving info of what was within
expelling scales of what was without!
Hence we could see through
no matter how concealed or secretive,
no matter how complaints were untrue!

In the spirit of this celebration
I profess my love
for this noble profession.
A radiographer is me
if you ever had to question,
for Papa Roentgen made us be!
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

people going old and not like change ha ha

i see how many ascended after the update #-o

for me is a great change only problem is with getting lifered and loose uu easy
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Andy! wrote:I think it's a bad idea. You've turned a combat stat with a use for only combat into a rank with more killable units for seemingly no reason? Now people have to buy two sets of covert levels whilst ascending which just seems to alienate new players further and make it even more difficult for them to catch up.

^ agreed

You just doubled the cost of ascending. Which is already costly enough and alienates newer players.

Please revert it to combined. Changing it hasnt really benefitted the game imo.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

~Tziki~ wrote:
Andy! wrote:I think it's a bad idea. You've turned a combat stat with a use for only combat into a rank with more killable units for seemingly no reason? Now people have to buy two sets of covert levels whilst ascending which just seems to alienate new players further and make it even more difficult for them to catch up.

^ agreed

You just doubled the cost of ascending. Which is already costly enough and alienates newer players.

I disagree, i'm rank 18 with 35 covert and 36 ac with a 4t ms. I'm still within 5 gnr. Not many new guys could get within this rank with just one rank. Nothing has changed accept holding gnr in war.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
caldrin
Forum Newbie

Just one note about the change:
You could remove the "+" sign after the covert action value, as I think it lost its function.

Cakdrin
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:

^ agreed

I disagree, i'm rank 18 with 35 covert and 36 ac with a 4t ms. I'm still within 5 gnr. Not many new guys could get within this rank with just one rank. Nothing has changed accept holding gnr in war.
And what is the cost of 0/0 to 35/36 with enough UU and weapons, to reach that rank?

Because a newer player who isnt sat farming constantly, will quickly lose interest in farming that UU and naq over and over, whilst ascending to build both cov and ac. As opposed to just farming enough for covert, or ac level.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

~Tziki~ wrote:
~Dä Vinci~ wrote:
~Tziki~ wrote:

^ agreed

And what is the cost of 0/0 to 35/36 with enough UU and weapons, to reach that rank?

Because a newer player who isnt sat farming constantly, will quickly lose interest in farming that UU and naq over and over, whilst ascending to build both cov and ac. As opposed to just farming enough for covert, or ac level.
New guys ascending mainly only hit gnr 2, you only need 30-34 covert and higher AC to be within that range. Probably not even that. Hardly much of a cost. Hitting 5 gnr will be harder, I can agree there.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
cimi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 85529

bad idea.
DnV
System Lord
Alliance: The Legion / TÅÅE
Race: Nox
ID: 1996609

The ascending problem really isn't that large a problem. I've ascended 9x now, all within 4 days of each other, 5 at the most. I have one more to do, then there is a 14 day cool down. I have the following saved in my personal log from the help section as a reference for myself,
Ascension Point Breakdown

Current Ascension level effect:
Level 0-9: 2.5x regular Glory and Reputation
Level 10-19: 1.5x regular Glory and Reputation
Level 20-25: 1x regular Glory and Reputation

Glory and Reputation per Rank
1: 15 Glory and Reputation
2 - 18: 5 Glory and Reputation
19 - 62: 2 Glory and Reputation
63 - 320: 1 Glory and Reputation
So with the multiplier and the rankings, it's so easy to ascend every 4 days, costs me around 50t a shot, I farmed my bank to 505t in about a week and haven't farmed in 1-2 weeks now and with the free 22t naq and 11k AT every time, which i sell for 50-70t, means my acensions literally pay for themselves.

Fact is, there isn't enough people playing this game to make it hard to ascend. I need to be top 320 to get 1 GnR then I get a X multiplier to that, meaning that I always have all my GnR saved before the 14 day mark. Hell, my 50t jumps get me top 50 normally and I make 5 GnR a turn and do it in 4 days like I say.

This update makes absolutely no difference to low level players like myself who are ascending.

TL;DR

The x multiplier for low ascended acc's added with low player base of game means its still v v easy to ascend.
The AJNA Path Of Ascension...

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - LG5 - Ancient God - Elder Ancient - God Ancient God of Legend - Immortal Ancient God - Timeless Ancient God - Prince of Timeless Ancient Gods

~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

~Tziki~ wrote:

^ agreed

+1
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”