To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

(Re-)posting the re-compiled update log for 2017. This includes a number of updates in effect as of early this year, as well as more recent ones.

1. Bug fixes
    1. Corrected application of Pergatory Limits (Thanks TJ)
    2. Corrected message on 'Trade Result'
    3. Race Change now processed (Thanks Caldrin)
    4. Corrected handling of Alliance PPT vis-à-vis Vacation mode
    5. Enabled refusing Alliance PPT
  2. New features
    1. Alliance rank now decided by a moving average of total power over the last 10 days
    2. Covert/AntiCovert ranks separated and individually calculated for total ranking
    3. Accounts can be manually deleted by their owner after 7 days of inactivity - no attacking, spying, sabotaging, public trading, private brokering, protection or in Bloodwar.
    4. On attack: occurrence of checkbox for Blood War now subject to Alliance Attitude. Managed by leadership. For now, attitude has no effects other than manipulating how far an alliance's Bloodmeter has to get before triggering the checkbox.
  3. Backend / Security
    1. Continual server optimization
  4. Convenience
    1. Market PPT restricted if more than 47 hours of PPT left.
    2. Full Planet overview available, "View All Planets" in Planet navigation menu.
  5. Natural Progression
    1. Technology costs rebalanced (12 years of growth)

Clarifications:
1.d.) Corrected handling of Alliance PPT vis-à-vis Vacation mode
Vacation mode can start 24 hours after the end of your last PPT.
Alliance PPT had an incorrect impact on this criteria - remedied.
1.e.) Enabled refusing Alliance PPT
Available from the 'Preferences' page, subsection 'Vacation Mode'. Toggle whether or not you wish to be included in Alliance PPTs. This setting is not tied to your alliance - it persists whether you are in an alliance or not, only you can change it. Your alliance leaders can not see your setting (this might change to further aid alliance management and timing). This feature is only available using Style 2017.
2.d.) Blood War checkbox setting management
Available from the 'Alliance Management' page, alliance leadership can now set a 'global attitude'. This publicly visible indicator ranges from (Extremely) Peace-loving to (Extremely) Combative, and directly affect the appearance of the Blood War confirmation checkbox (I'll say BWCC from here on) on attack. Attitude Control is only available to Alliance Management using Style 2017.
The 'Neutral' attitude, which is default for all alliances, shows the BWCC as soon as the Blood meter exceeds 80%.
The Peace-loving and Extremely Peace-loving attitudes show the BWCC when the Blood meter reaches 70% and 50% respectively.
The Combative attitude shows the BWCC when the Blood meter reaches 90%, and the Extremely Combative attitude removes the BWCC altogether.

As mentioned, the attitudes are visible on the Alliance Ranking by virtue of coloured alliance names, as well as on the alliance's member list as "Global Attitude".
Remember that changing the moment of appearance of the BWCC carries the risk of accidental Blood War.

Currently Attitude has no other effect than the BWCC threshold. This will change - in the pipeline are defensive / offensive bonuses/maluses, i.e. further sub-optimal choices to increase tactical depth.
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Re: 2017 - ongoing

Oh i must love the change about alligance ppts .

Am i right JT . :smt050
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Loveeeeeeely!!! Implementing support.
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

A thought on alliance PPT, since it auto adds to your PPT time ifvyour on a regular PPT, prehaps have regular PPT do the same, this wouldn't really have any major impact other than saving a few clicks.
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

No. Alliance PPT only adds up to the maximum 48 hours. No PPT (except downtime-related) will exceed 48 hours.
Tok`ra wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am A thought on alliance PPT, since it auto adds to your PPT time ifvyour on a regular PPT, prehaps have regular PPT do the same, this wouldn't really have any major impact other than saving a few clicks.
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

Support wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:26 am No. Alliance PPT only adds up to the maximum 48 hours. No PPT (except downtime-related) will exceed 48 hours.
Tok`ra wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am A thought on alliance PPT, since it auto adds to your PPT time ifvyour on a regular PPT, prehaps have regular PPT do the same, this wouldn't really have any major impact other than saving a few clicks.
ah ok, didnt know that about alliancr ppt
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Any fix for the random auto kick around 00:00 game time yet?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

Any chance to get local times for when merlin/ppt end ?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Could we get the ability to sell weapons on mobile devices please?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

General Riviera wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 am Could we get the ability to sell weapons on mobile devices please?

Sounds like a browser issue, I can sell weapons just fine on opera on my phone
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Tok`ra wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm
General Riviera wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 am Could we get the ability to sell weapons on mobile devices please?

I haven't used Opera since the days of Symbian OS :D

There's no reason the functionality shouldn't work in Chrome for Android, but, if you suspect it is a browser problem, I'll try something different in the meantime.
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

Tok`ra wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Which style are you using ingame?

the new 2017 theme doesn't give the option to sell when using Android Chrome or Dolphin broswer.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Even tried requesting the desktop version in Chrome and just get a weird looking mobile version, lol.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Awesome work!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Seaborgium
Forum Intermediate

General Riviera wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:52 pm Even tried requesting the desktop version in Chrome and just get a weird looking mobile version, lol.
This is due to it is coded to the size of the screen. No matter what you tell it to request, it goes based on the size it can fit.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”