A Star Wars RP

This is the section were roleplays are discussed, created and joined.
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

Re: A Star Wars RP

yes the phantom force power is definetly not a good idea. So is the force power to walk through solid objects. I say lets just stick to the basics. Use Jedi and Darkside powers when appropiate/realistic. Jedi's should not be using Dark Side powers unless they plan to fall to the Dark Side.

Also Zera, got a question. Is your character and his invaision fleet a separate faction of the Sith that are separated from the Sith Order on Korriban?

Ok, we'll set this RP shortly after the the Madalorian Wars, a few years after. That'll help use further down the road. I'll edit it into the first post.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:one problem with having it set before the mandolarian wars, is that technology such as tractor beams and interdiction fields, which has been used in the RP, did not exist...

but putting it shortly after those wars, would still keep it in the time where lots of sith existed, and allow for such technology...

yes, force sight should be available to those that are blind... but the definition semper gave, of showing alignment, should go... those that can see, do not need really it...

interdiction technology of a sort has been shown in the mandalorian wars era. it's outdated by the time of the GCW era, but it exists.

now, as to force sight, Alignment is most often COMPLETELY OBVIOUS to anyone who cares about alignment, ie, most Jedi. the exceptions are people trained specifically to hide their presence in the force either with concealment of force ability, or even harder, one's actual alignment.

so, frankly, i disagree with that point. seeing someone's alignment against partially trained force users shouldn't be disallowed because it "unbalances" things. it's a "natural ability" just the same as force push, speed, and leap.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

yes, most of times, it is obvious... but when its not, there shouldnt be some sort of power that ruins the ability to hide it...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:yes, most of times, it is obvious... but when its not, there shouldnt be some sort of power that ruins the ability to hide it...

the power doesn't ruin the ability to hide it. else Sidious/Veregere/Kreia would've been found out. but they weren't, even to skilled users of force sight including a miraluka(specifically Kreia, who demonstrated the most difficult form, hiding alignment without hiding force powers)
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

true...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Zera, you missed my question a few posts up ^^^ ;)

Also my next post I'm gonna have to RP the Sith on Korriban. Can't let them be a push over. I mean they are the Sith Order. Should be some Masters there and even a Dark Lord. Not to mention numerous apprentices, nights, and troopers :D

I'll make it fun. Promise :)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Magni
Forum Expert
Alliance: [TÅÅE]
Race: Ancient
ID: 75443

So, have we decided when this RP takes place yet? :lol:
Spam Emperor
BMMJ13 wrote:Statbuilder is such a stupid term. What do you mass people with? Hopes and Dreams?
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Isn't any ever going to come to tatooine..I'll have to start crying and killing tusken raiders soon.
Death is the Road to Awe

JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Magni wrote:So, have we decided when this RP takes place yet? :lol:

shortly after the Mandalorian Wars.

And Ra: Bleeding Blue is on his way to Tatooine. If I was you just keep looing for that last Sith Apprentice.

Or go buy a new gun :P
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
bleedingblue
Forum Regular
Race: Steve
ID: 59818

lol, im on my way ;)

sadly, i had a very good, but short, little piece written up which i accidentally did not save and went to go submit it, my interwebz went on the fritz, so all was lost :(

7rad3 F33d8ack: http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=159019

UU Sold to date: 216mill

ATs Sold to date: 79k
Naq Sold to date: 42trill
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

JediMasterX wrote:

And Ra: Bleeding Blue is on his way to Tatooine. If I was you just keep looing for that last Sith Apprentice.

Someone had to be something besides a jedi. :smt022
Death is the Road to Awe

JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Sun God Ra wrote:
JediMasterX wrote:

Someone had to be something besides a jedi. :smt022

lol, me and my charcter and prolly SS's charcter won't be going to Tatooinee for a few posts. You're a bounty hunter. Go take out some competition. Or maybe even get a small force together. Ideas are endless ;)

I wanna make this a long and deep RP. It's gonne be fun.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

you are right jedimasterx, we did miss that question (as well as the rest of that post)...

The idea we have is that the sith are numerous still, but not really united...
Darth Perfidious' goal is to unify them through force...

So yes, it is somewhat of a different faction, but it is one that has taken over several other sith worlds already... hence the large fleet and such...
the thought is that while all the sith share similar beliefs, there are many subfactions...
Darth Perfidious is slowly chopping away those factions and putting them under his own... and in natural sith style, he is of course taking the command for himself...

Had our goal been that of the pure conqueror, we would have used orbital bombardment...

Magni
Forum Expert
Alliance: [TÅÅE]
Race: Ancient
ID: 75443

Zeratul wrote:The idea we have is that the sith are numerous still, but not really united...

Hmm...except that a new Sith empire was established right after the end of the Mandalorian War. What I thought we were doing was starting the Sith Civil War...
Spam Emperor
BMMJ13 wrote:Statbuilder is such a stupid term. What do you mass people with? Hopes and Dreams?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:also, as to the comments of "wiki usage", i can easily use another source that is NOT so "easily edited" but i was mainly using it to "post a link to prove it" on ideas i already knew. the lightsaber generating heat was mentioned in a young jedi knights book i read when Tenel Ka was deciding what to build her lightsaber out of(she mentioned she could build it out of wood since it generated no heat).

while wiki is easily edited, it is very rare for details therein to be 100 % wrong... that wookieepedia wiki is among the better out there...
we've seen wiki sabotage, and it is nearly amazing how quickly it is rectified... and that was on regular wikipedia... considering the worship-like view many have of star wars, its quite likely to be even quicker...

the amount of sourcing used on wookieepedia is quite high, so sabotage is harder there...
any sabotage tends to be obvious, as the saboteurs are attention-seekers...
if information is incorrect, it is generally from the editor having faulty data... and with the huge number of people editing wikis, they are usually corrected quickly...
there's a reason wikipedia is still (for the most part) trusted as a credible source, even on university level...

as long as one takes everything with a pinch of salt and use common sense, using wiki is no danger...

we at least, do not mind being corrected if we get some detail wrong, and we believe everyone else here dont mind either...

we liked some details on the site you linked psi, but it is much harder to use than wookieepedia... but using both cant hurt...

the details that are easy to mess up, are usually the ones that wont matter to this RP... whether some space ship is 15.6 meters wide or 16 meters wide doesnt matter... what does matter is if it has capacity for 2 or 10 persons... anything else, can be attributed to it being modified...

Return to “Roleplay Recruiting / Creation / Discussion”