Guidelines for posting reports

Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

GUIDELINES (PLS READ)

I decided to make a guideline for cheat reporting, since some of you are not clear with the definitions, and how to report a cheater. I will make is short.

When reporting cheaters, try to provide as much details as you can. Game IDs are strongly recommended. And tell us the whole story.

NOTE: DON'T REPORT SOMEONE OUT OF ANGER! THINK IT TWICE!

Definitions:

-Cheater: Someone who breaking the rules, and not falling under the other categories. Mostly exploiters (using game bugs to gain resources).
Using automated processes, macros, auto-bankers, tamper-data, etc.

-Multi:
anyone who controls more than 1 account on the same server.
(When buying an account you should send all your resources before you log in to the new account. After this you are no longer allowed to log in to your previous account.) See rules for details.

-Hacker/Cracker: Since I'm not sure which is which, but it all falls to the same category anyways. PPL who steal login info, get login info of others somehow, Breaking into the game. Hacking into someones computer. etc... you will know...

-Other:
who doesn't fall any of the above categories

Please use this categories when reporting them.
Take note, that multies will have a bad time, since admin is just finishing a new multi detection script. So from now think twice before you call someone a multi.

Here are the game rules... i will write the category after each:

Rules:

1) Only one account per person, per game server. Multi
2) No automated processes, macros, scripts or other 'non human being' run account activity is allowed. Cheater
3) No sharing or giving out your account details to others. Cheater
4) No logging into other people's accounts. (Hacker/Cracker) (Can be a cheater too if he got the account info from the owner)
5) Attempts to break into accounts, the game, or otherwise disrupt or slow down the game, or server, are strictly illegal. (Hacker/Cracker)
6) Using bugs or exploits of any kind, or knowing of and not reporting bugs or exploits, is illegal. (Cheater)
7) Spamming your recruiting link, or anything else related to or using our name or site, is illegal. Share the site, but please do so respectfully. (Other... that doesn't use to happen)
8) No profanity in user names, nameable weapons/ships, or anywhere else on game. (Other)
9) Any breaking of the rules can result in punishment, suspension, banning, account deletion, or banning of your entire ISP.
Last edited by Bazsy on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

As Bazsy said when you are posting about a cheater please do so with both a level head and with a full and complete reason for the accusation.

ID's are the most helpful things you can give as well as any other relative contact information for the assailant as it will make for an easier investigation into the activities of the accused.

And please do everyone a favor by thinking before posting.
Do use this section as a place to attempt some form of under thought vengeance for something done in game.

Not to mention that we would appreciate keeping to the topic at hand, if you do not have anything to contribute to the thread then please move on.

Thank you,
Acronon
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Guidelines for posting reports

I'd like to mention a few simple guidelines when reporting suspicious accounts to the admins.

Please use this section of the forums in the first instance. When posting a suspicion please provide as much detail as you can and keep it as clear as you can.

Please provide the following details as a minimum:

1 - User ID(s)
2 - User name(s) (although not as improtant as ID)
3 - Reason(s) for suspicion

The User ID and Reason are the most important, without these action is unlikely to be taken.

Please also try to post the Name and/or ID in the Subject of the thread rather than just "possible multi". This will help to identify a particular thread if necessary rather than looking through various threads titled 'possible multi'.

Also please try to refrain from accusing someone 100% of being a multi or a cheat unless there is 100% proof to support this. Most reports should be considered as possible multi or cheat until proven otherwise. If you find yourself having been reported about on the forums and wish to reply to it, please keep it polite and provide an explanation if you have one. Do not start verbally attacking the person who made the report.

If you wish to remain anonymous with your reports and would rather not post openly about it on the forums then there are a few other routes that you can take.

Contact Admins Mark and Sue direct.
If you wish to contact the admins direct please DO NOT PM them on the forums. PM's sent to them on the forums will not be answered. Please stick to using the following email addresses to send reports:

gameadmin@gatewa.rs in the first instance.

If you get no reply after several days it can be chased up using these emails. But please use the Game Admin e-mail first.

support@gatewa.rs
urgent@gatewa.rs

Urgent - please use this email address only for issues that would be regarded as urgent, i.e. unbanning of an account, issues regarding money (this would be ingame related such as USS or ingame cash market, NOT if someone has scammed you for outside trades) or any really bad bug problems.

Support - please use this for anything else, such as multi reports or obscene names etc.

When emailing the admins please ensure that you post the ID and/or username of the account(s) in question in the subject line of the email.

The last option if you don't want to do any of those is that you can always contact myself and I can post it on the forums or forward them on to the admins. A number of people do already pass stuff on to me and i'm happy for that to continue.

If we all stick to this then it should make things easier for the admins when they visit this section of the forum.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Clarkey
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Information concerning this section”