Dr Who Spoliers included...read at your own risk...

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Re: Dr Who Spoliers included...read at your own risk...

I thought it was a exciting end to the tenant years of the show and the way he died decause of wilf was brilliant and unexpected

i suspect we will se the time lords again and the master, also after watching the spoiler/advert for the next series i do just hope the produser isnt trying to tag on to the recent popularty of vampire dramas as dr who is better than that
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Having the Master back was excelent, great actor and character.

Guest appearance by Catherine Tate, makes me shudder, cant stand her and she already ruined an entire season for me, glad that bit was short.

Grampa's bus trip, what a bore.

Timelords return, a bit disappointing, they werent in it much and what we did see was lots great of build up for something epic, then they just get beaten with ease in minutes.

The long long looooooonnnnngg goodbye part could and should have been cut. A few memorable dying words would have done better.

The Dr sacrificing himself, well kinda his way and expected

Overall I liked it but was hoping for so much more.

The new Dr and new assistant ???? Not sure who he assistant will be but lets face Billie Piper is the best assistant of all Dr's and it will be hard work living up to that. The new Dr looks a bit weird and is a bit young, with hard act to follow, I look forward to the new series,

What I really want is MORE Timewar stuff, MORE Timelords, MORE Daleks, MORE Dark Dr, MORE Master, MORE Billie Piper, Return of the Dr's clone daughter... she was hot

What I dont want is, Annoying OOOD, Annoying Donna, Silly Micky, Cpt Cheesy, Gramps or Vamps

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

the add for next series
it includes a green camo darlec and a white one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTikSllxnYE
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

There were a few things I loved about it, but there were also a few things I disliked.

Both episodes were very over-indulgent, but in different ways. The first was RTD indulging himself with silly ideas he obviously thought were neat, the second with sentimentality. Both illustrate his weaknesses as a writer, IMO. But of course, his previous episodes - and elements of the final one - illustrate his strengths.

I loved the way the "he will knock four times" was fulfilled. While the whole box thing was a silly contrivance, the way the scene played out was possibly my favorite thing Davies ever wrote for the show. I was also particularly taken by the personal interactions between the Doctor and Master, those between the Doctor and Wilf, as well as the denouement. I liked that the Master seemed to remember some of the friendship between himself and the Doctor. More, Rassilon clearly underestimated the rage of the brilliant man he so maimed.

I liked it when he picked up a gun. It shows what a deep character The Doctor is and really hints at his darker nature. He's so careful to as often as possible be the carefree "blow where the wind takes me" traveller, all mischief and light, but over the course of the new serials he's had some very vengeful, bordering on bloodlusty moments. The Doctor is a man running from his past as much as anything else. He describes how log the Time Lords had sunk by the end of the Time War - how low had he sunk? He was the man that pushed the button to nuke them all.

The Doctor is not a white knight. I especially liked the sort of self-loathing monologue - he doesn't kill people any more, he just manipulates people into killing or dying for him. He keeps on going but the people whose lives he touches often end up biting the bullet. In the end, yes, it does show that The Doctor is a hypocrite, paying lip service to pacifism while getting everyone around him to do the necessary killing and dying. I think this isn't a new revelation though, certainly not a shot out of nowhere. I liked it.

I like the new trailer, too. Effects seem simultaneously more polished and more old-school; definitely classic Who. Especially the Daleks. I don't think that it's just lip-service and name dropping though. While I agree that becoming overly self-referential is bad, I also think it's bad to throw the history out. While I wasn't there for it Dr Who is an institution and it has a history, to throw that out would be silly. I think it'd be better to say that the new stuff is conscious of the old but doesn't use it as a crutch, while maintaining a feeling of having deep roots.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

I have not seen all of the episodes, but I love this show. Simply brilliant!
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

I saw the Christmas Special, and to this day I am barely able to contain my anger enough to post about it. Awful, awful thing in my opinion. How do you end such an interesting and potential-ridden (again, my opinion) storyline with such a subpar, boring ending?
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

One nerdy girlfriend and many years later - I love this show.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Noobert wrote:One nerdy girlfriend and many years later - I love this show.
:-)

By the way, bow ties are cool.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “The TV room”