True Blood

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: True Blood

Zeratul wrote:we got back home to the internet connection we can download stuff anytime, so we downloaded it monday rather than night to tuesday.

No classes on mondays meant we could watch it then.

[spoiler]That about shifters & weres competing like that does seem rather odd. In theory shifters should be far more powerful than a werewolf, yet it is obvious that shifters are slightly afraid of the weres.

Is it merely cultural, or does it stem from something else?

The Jess case:
No doubt Bill commanded her to stay indoors or something silly like that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think the difference between shifters and werewolves is the fact that were-anythings are pack-animals while shifters tend to be more solitary and independent. When a shifter goes up against a were, they have to deal with the whole pack, too. That is more than enough reason to avoid their species all together.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

We thought the same Psyko... and said so in the previous post.

[spoiler]Were we such a shifter, we'd follow the same reasoning.[/spoiler]
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Psyko
The Irresistible

Zeratul wrote:We thought the same Psyko... and said so in the previous post.

[spoiler]Were we such a shifter, we'd follow the same reasoning.[/spoiler]

I missed that post for some reason. #-o
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

easy to miss a post, no harm done, so no worries.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Interesting episode this week. [spoiler]Seems one of our theories about that lafayette-possession was fairly true. The spirit was benevolent by nature. It also was not really a major storyline, though it will have some meaning for the future. It will prove to innocent third parties that witches both exist, have power and not pure evil.

We get the feeling that werewolves may end up taking the middle role in the vampire/witch conflict, keeping them both from each others' throats. Not sure whether a witch or one with fey blood will kick the Antonia out, but we suspect It'll be the latter. Most witches lack the complete understanding that Antonia has and are therefore fairly powerless against her, whereas fairies are seemingly far more powerful. Fairie blood might be strong enough to literally eradicate/banish the spirit of Antonia. Sookie's untaught power might not be easily directed/activated, but it has been shown in the past that when it comes forth, it does not poke. It punches.

It certainly has been nice to see Sookie use her powers more frequently these past few episodes than at the beginning.

As for the wolf pack... Will Alcide eventually take over the pack? Its obvious that packmaster Marcus isnt in control of himself. He is far stronger than the other wolves. The behavior of them is somewhat more like hyenas than like true wolves.[/spoiler]

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Series 4 Episode 9

Zeratul wrote:Interesting episode this week. [spoiler]Seems one of our theories about that lafayette-possession was fairly true. The spirit was benevolent by nature. It also was not really a major storyline, though it will have some meaning for the future. It will prove to innocent third parties that witches both exist, have power and not pure evil.

We get the feeling that werewolves may end up taking the middle role in the vampire/witch conflict, keeping them both from each others' throats. Not sure whether a witch or one with fey blood will kick the Antonia out, but we suspect It'll be the latter. Most witches lack the complete understanding that Antonia has and are therefore fairly powerless against her, whereas fairies are seemingly far more powerful. Fairie blood might be strong enough to literally eradicate/banish the spirit of Antonia. Sookie's untaught power might not be easily directed/activated, but it has been shown in the past that when it comes forth, it does not poke. It punches.

It certainly has been nice to see Sookie use her powers more frequently these past few episodes than at the beginning.

As for the wolf pack... Will Alcide eventually take over the pack? Its obvious that packmaster Marcus isnt in control of himself. He is far stronger than the other wolves. The behavior of them is somewhat more like hyenas than like true wolves.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The whole Laffiette possession thing bores the hell out of me, only good thing in those scenes is CrazyNamVet & FlyingHighAndy.

Sookie wanting a 3some with Bill & Erik in her dream, dont know what to do first, laugh or puke.

WolfLady taking V then helping Sookie ??? I dont get it, she hates Sookie and is massively jealous, why take V before seeing her if she was going to play nice ?

WolfLady telling the witch where she came from and helping Sookie, the witch will no doubt go after the wolves next bringing the wolves in on the vamps side. Could be how Marcus gets killed making Alcide in charge.

Sams little brother getting a beating, I dont get that either, why didnt he shift into something big and nasty and kill them all, Polar Bear or Elephant -v- 6x Wolves in close quarters, my monies still on the shifter.

Sookies powers are indeen very strong, remember she even hurt/repelled the Manak thing shaking women so witch shouldnt be any problem. Maybe the witch will order Erik to kill Sookie and that will be one order he cant follow ???

The cliffhanger....... well not really, we know Bill wont get killed, probably... hopefully the AuthVamp will get killed will Bill escapes.

Jess & Jason, was bound to happen, he has no will power and she is seriously hot, but where will it go. A fight between Houte & Jason ? Will one of them die and be turned, if so which one ?

I think Terra will be he one to kill the witch, she has definitely switched sides after Bill saved her and the witch locked her up.

I was surprised Alcide didnt know Sam, could have sworn they had met in an earlier episode.

Sam turning into a rabbit for the girl, well kinda cute at first glance, but think about it, I'll just get naked turn into a rabbit and get your daughter to stroke my belly, thats kinda messed up & wrong.[/spoiler]

Overall, a poor episode. I hope for better in the next one

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]It would seem that shifters cannot shift from one form to another without returning to human. Might be different for skinwalkers, but considering that there's been four instances of skinwalking from him, (three human) he is not particularly experienced at it.

Perhaps Debbie took V to both bolster courage, get additional strength and to reduce natural tendencies towards killing Sookie.

It would be typical if a vampire as inexperienced and young as Jessica were to turn someone, but for some reason we suspect she's not ready to do such.

We suspect that all the witchlings that were locked up have pretty much switched sides. Should one of them know enough to break such spell, they most certainly have the power available.

Alcide's lack of knowing is probably closer to being an act. He could not act familiar.[/spoiler]

Psyko
The Irresistible

[spoiler]They have royally destroyed everything this season. I am getting pissed as hell that they aren't even improving much by adding to the destruction of the original stories. I put the books aside when I watch each episode, but the choices they are making are not making any sense!

Oh. Mezz. The comment about laughing or wanting to vomit...my only reaction to that is to say that what Sookie says about double standards is soooooooooo right. I think it's because women are much more free about their sexuality than men.

Jess & Jason: :roll: & Hoyt: Nut up or shut up. If he doesn't want Jessica, he has no right to tell Jason he can't have her. If he's only calling her a monster to convince himself to stop loving her, he needs to own it or admit defeat and make amends. I'm sick of this love triangle.
Book Spoiler[spoiler2=]Jason was supposed to end up a were-panther and marry Crystal dammit. Then she was supposed to get knocked up, cheat on his ass, and break his little heart. (not all in the same season) But they **Filtered** up Hot Shot, too. The place was supposed to be in-bred drug dealers, sure. But it was run by a pack leader who kept everyone in line and fathered more than half of them. Kinda twisted, but he was a good leader. They cut him out completely, though. Destroyed. :mad:[/spoiler2]

Debbie: No idea what is going through her mind, but I'm pretty sure she is trying to play both sides against the middle and hopefully get Sookie killed somewhere in the chaos. She knows Sookie can read thoughts, so she could have easily been masking when Sookie said she was going to listen. The **Filtered** is bad news.

Bill, Nan, the cliffhanger: I could care less at this point. Which is really sad.

Marcus, Alcide and the Shreveport Pack: I can so see where next season is going to go. *sigh* All I can say is there better damn well be a Quinn introduced!

Tommy: I was actually sad when Alcide kept them from killing him. DAMN HIM AND HIS MORAL COMPASS!!! :smt093

Sam: At least the sexually frustrated man is getting some. His last girlfriend ended up murdered and his spare time is always spent pining for Sookie.

As to why Tommy didn't shift again after turning back into himself: It was explained that after skinwalking there is intense nausea and pain. I doubt he could focus enough in perfect health that he could shift, let alone after he had the **Filtered** beat out of him by super-strength using werewolves.

RE Shifting: In the books, which I understand are different, Sam can shift into an animal he has recently seen. He keeps a dog book open on his coffee table to a page with the border collie he usually runs as around town. But they seem to have done away with that awesome little way of putting limitations on shifting abilities.

Sookie's little magical powers are absolute BS. It works at random times and only when she needs to save her own ass, and she doesn't do more than lift her **Filtered** hand at people. The Sookie in the books could at least throw down. They even attributed her awesome chain-throwing skills against the Rattrays in the first season to her fairy **Filtered** godmother when in the books it was pure badass skill! They are trying to make her awesome while keeping her as damsel-in-distress as possible. So irritating![/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I am not going of the books anymore....i watch the TV show and say it's cannon (like the Alt universe in DC/marvel comics...same people different story).
I heard at the end of this season that someone from the past returns i am guessing that it is [spoiler=]either Maryann (i hope i am wrong) or hopefully Russell Edgington[/spoiler].
The good thing about the TV show is that it leaves you with a cliffhanger every week and makes you want more....24 was the best at doing that but true blood is a close 2nd...
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

nightlight wrote:I heard at the end of this season that someone from the past returns i am guessing that it is [spoiler=]either Maryann (i hope i am wrong) or hopefully Russell Edgington[/spoiler].

[spoiler]I hope it's Godric, hope its not Maryann, but yeah Russell is more likely since he is the only one not dead lol

I was never really sure why they didnt kill him, seemed stupid since as the oldest strongest vamp if he were ever to get free there would be no guarantee they could take him down again.[/spoiler]

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]It might be godric, even though he's dead, he was probably one of the most powerful vampires out there. The fact that he appeared once or twice in dreams or such support his return.[/spoiler]

Psyko
The Irresistible

nightlight wrote:I am not going of the books anymore....i watch the TV show and say it's cannon (like the Alt universe in DC/marvel comics...same people different story).

I agree, and I try to do the same. I just have this tiny little problem of thinking the books are, in several ways, better than the tv show.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

That is fairly common Psyko... Books can focus on things TV shows/movies cannot focus on, and things that work well on TV might not be good in book form.

Psyko
The Irresistible

Zeratul wrote:That is fairly common Psyko... Books can focus on things TV shows/movies cannot focus on, and things that work well on TV might not be good in book form.

I know it's common. I guess I expected to like the tv show more than I do. :?
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]Finally Sookie used her glowy power in a case that wasnt merely desperate self-defense... Not too surprised that power of the faerie is far superior to the power of a possessed witch. All that is needed now is for her to actually start trying to learn control.

One question we get about her now is whether the power she connects with in the faerie is unlimited or not, and if not, whether it will be used up or if someone is supplying her with power.

The Jessica/Hoyt/Jason triangle will no doubt continue to be a mess. Its obviously setting up for something, though we're not sure exactly what.

We rather liked how Terry took care of Andy in this episode. He's probably the only one that can actually get him of the V. Jason's got the knowledge to do it, but not the position.[/spoiler]

Return to “The TV room”