Revolution

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Titus Lartius
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Alone
Race: Roman
ID: 1920194

Revolution

OK I got to ask you all has anyone been watching Revolution.

Seeing as it is about to start back after mid season break. I am finding it really intriguing as it can happen, all power going off and how would people survive in that type of world.

What's everyone else think??
The only one who does it without consequence

Titus Lartius 3rd Empire of Rome
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Revolution

Wholly with you. It is fantastically interesting. ;) I would love to do this as a social experiment.
Maybe a few actual terrorist organisations might be interested in participating.
Titus Lartius
Forum Grunt

Juliette wrote:Wholly with you. It is fantastically interesting. ;) I would love to do this as a social experiment.
Maybe a few actual terrorist organisations might be interested in participating.

Yes and maybe we will go down as terrorists with them.

But it would make a good experiment to see how people who rely on technology alot and suddenly get thrown into darkness. It would make a good reality TV show.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Titus Lartius wrote:
Juliette wrote:Wholly with you. It is fantastically interesting. ;) I would love to do this as a social experiment.

Yes and maybe we will go down as terrorists with them.
Not if you get it past your University's ethics committee. Which I could. ;)
Titus Lartius wrote:But it would make a good experiment to see how people who rely on technology alot and suddenly get thrown into darkness. It would make a good reality TV show.
We could just designate an otherwise retarded territory as our testing grounds.. :P
Titus Lartius
Forum Grunt

Hmm well I dont go to Uni but I guess I could bribe people lol

Retarded Territory hmmm I think I have a place its called Australia HAHAHA

Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Joking about terrorism? Uh..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Noobert wrote:Joking about terrorism? Uh..
Cutting electricity in order to conduct a social experiment/research is hardly terrorism. :? (Yes, someone on a heart monitor would disagree, but that is why we have UPS in hospitals.)
We would not want to do it ourselves though (risk of getting fined heavily), so we would arrange for hooligans (or some other form of free radicals who would otherwise believably commit such acts) to perform the tasks we envision would have the desired effect.

The choice of words (notably the 'terrorist' bit) was .. questionable. Then again, so many things are terrorism these days, it gets hard to keep track.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Juliette wrote:
Noobert wrote:Joking about terrorism? Uh..
Cutting electricity in order to conduct a social experiment/research is hardly terrorism. :? (Yes, someone on a heart monitor would disagree, but that is why we have UPS in hospitals.)
We would not want to do it ourselves though (risk of getting fined heavily), so we would arrange for hooligans (or some other form of free radicals who would otherwise believably commit such acts) to perform the tasks we envision would have the desired effect.

The choice of words (notably the 'terrorist' bit) was .. questionable. Then again, so many things are terrorism these days, it gets hard to keep track.

I have always considered it perfectly reasonable and not paranoid to assume that the powers that be already do what you are describing and often too. This is sometimes the best way to strengthen weak defenses.

As for the social ramifications I believe people would be about as advanced as toddlers when the power goes out. Read up on disasters such as Katrina in New Orleans and you will see what I mean.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:I have always considered it perfectly reasonable and not paranoid to assume that the powers that be already do what you are describing and often too. This is sometimes the best way to strengthen weak defenses.
Also a good measure of population control in certain areas.

Sniperwax wrote:As for the social ramifications I believe people would be about as advanced as toddlers when the power goes out. Read up on disasters such as Katrina in New Orleans and you will see what I mean.
I think the Katrina deal (people eating other people, that sort of lunacies) is specific to the USA. Potentially 'the West' in general, and even broader scale, all countries used to having a virtually uninterrupted power supply.

Take on the other hand Pakistan, which has about 14 hours of blackout per day, and I doubt a sustained absence of all electricity is going to be much of a problem. Countries closer to a tribal makeup are more likely to survive regardless of their current level of 'electricity addiction'.

It might be a good thing to test. I think the 'West' (i.e. all primarily individualistic nations) would consume itself (save for close-knit bands of people who rely on each other), and all group-based countries survive longer. Government dissolves, industry dissolves, people turn back to an agrarian lifestyle, supplying themselves (and ideally others, though not necessarily) with the basic necessities in order to survive. So 98% of the worlds population will die. We have plenty to spare anyway. ;)
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Seriously, go to the woods in the middle of nowhere without any of your tech devices.

It's relaxing.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Titus Lartius
Forum Grunt

If something like the power was to be cut I see alot of people dying due to the fact that they dont know what they are able to do to survive but alot of people would survive as well but the thought of the power getting switched off makes me wonder would anyone be ready for it.

I think i might go hunting soon to get away from it all and do abit of living off the land HAHA

But seriously if something like this happen how many of us would be ready

Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

This is to what I referred.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Noobert wrote:
This is to what I referred.
Ah! I see your point. Again. Poor choice of words. Obviously no one would want to be contacting an actual terrorist organisation.

Return to “The TV room”