pardon/don't delete

Ombudsman Case Archives
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: pardon/don't delete

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:I would like to ask a question or 2 here. When I posted a Pardon for AGA, it was some parts from him, explaining why he deserved to be unbanned and such. Also, if this is being handled in PMs, I disagree with this 100%. When someone is permabanned, they had 9 chances to get it right. To hide his reasons for being unbanned from the general public is not only wrong, but can be misleading and create a distrust between the Admins and the Ombudsman with the general public.

With that said, may we, the general public please see his reasons for being unbanned?

Nothing has been done via PM in direct regard to DaVinci and this Ombudsman team. So you can go ahead and stop disagreeing with something which is not occurring.

Also, DaVinci is not unbanned. That is still up for discussion between us and the Administration. A public statement will likely be posted as soon as a decision has come to pass.

Again, DaVinci is still banned. He merely has an account which we have asked the Admins to leave open so that he can view/post in this thread, and this thread alone. If he strays outside of that boundary, he can kiss his pardon goodbye.

Make sense?

I never said it didn't... :smt064

I merely asked that perhaps he should post reasons for why he SHOULD be unbanned.

Make sense?

Now it does. Your previous post implied DaVinci had already been unbanned and that you were upset with not being told why.

Also, I read your final question (though no other questions seem to exist in your post) as if you wanted to know our reasons for unbanning DaVinci, not DaVinci's reasons for wanting to be unbanned. This could have easily been an issue with me multi-tasking at work.

Thank you for clearing that up. It is up to DaVinci as to whether or not he would like to post about his current reasons for wanting to be pardoned.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
davinciappeal
Forum Newbie

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:I would like to ask a question or 2 here. When I posted a Pardon for AGA, it was some parts from him, explaining why he deserved to be unbanned and such. Also, if this is being handled in PMs, I disagree with this 100%. When someone is permabanned, they had 9 chances to get it right. To hide his reasons for being unbanned from the general public is not only wrong, but can be misleading and create a distrust between the Admins and the Ombudsman with the general public.

With that said, may we, the general public please see his reasons for being unbanned?

Nothing has been done via PM in direct regard to DaVinci and this Ombudsman team. So you can go ahead and stop disagreeing with something which is not occurring.

Also, DaVinci is not unbanned. That is still up for discussion between us and the Administration. A public statement will likely be posted as soon as a decision has come to pass.

Again, DaVinci is still banned. He merely has an account which we have asked the Admins to leave open so that he can view/post in this thread, and this thread alone. If he strays outside of that boundary, he can kiss his pardon goodbye.

Make sense?

I merely asked that perhaps he should post reasons for why he SHOULD be unbanned.

Make sense?

i already said i posted.. my reasons but the thread got locked and i said there the same reasons.. i want to be unbanned because i made mistakes i see that now and would very much like to apart of the forum again. what's with leaf people all over my thread hmm i still think most my warnings were unjust but im past that this is for admin and ombuds to work out if it's possible if you got a problem with me having a chance of coming back get me on msn or il find u ingame.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

davinciappeal wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Make sense?

Make sense?

i already said i posted.. my reasons but the thread got locked and i said there the same reasons.. i want to be unbanned because i made mistakes i see that now and would very much like to apart of the forum again. what's with leaf people all over my thread hmm i still think most my warnings were unjust but im past that this is for admin and ombuds to work out if it's possible if you got a problem with me having a chance of coming back get me on msn or il find u ingame.
Yes, I see your attitude has changed so much...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
davinciappeal
Forum Newbie

#-o why because i asked you why you have a problem stop twisting my words... my attitude was never the problem i just messed around to much.. never meant any offend anyone. i have no problem posting my mistakes and regrets but i wan't to know ure reasons before i do anything i never speak to you or had an affiliation with ure alliance don't see why ure getting involved.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

"what's with leaf people all over my thread hmm"

"i still think most my warnings were unjust"

"or il find u ingame."

"an affiliation with ure alliance don't see why ure getting involved."

I say your attitude hasn't changed because I'm the only person in Leaf Village here posting, all you see is my ingame alliance. That doesn't get you board warnings... but it's how your attitude was then so at least that part hasn't changed. Just because I posted here you're threatening to find me ingame. The part that matters though is that you clearly said you still think the warnings you were given were unjust. Even if your past it, if you think they were unjust then you would probably have no problem making the same mistakes again seeing as you don't think what you did was against any rules.

My opinion matters 0% in the process though and it's just my opinion, and I'm already pushing my luck by posting more so... I'll stop now. Good luck, I don't really care if you're allowed to come back I just don't see why you would be, nothing personal.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Regardless of your personal opinions Empy. DaVinci is a well respected player in the community.

In a game of decreasing numbers, where the community is more or less the only thing that is left, do you not think a little slack would not be that terrible?

Yes, he's an idiot, we all know that...and the majority of his bans were all on the same day. Rules are rules, hence his appeal.

DaVinci said to me earlier, should I come back to the game? I said no. He won't if he cannot participate in the forums and/or the market.

Suppose I was to start a thread of support for DaVinci? Would that tickle your fancy? You are all supposed to Admin/Moderate us for the good of the community. Our ideals should be driving you all. I appreciate all the work you do for everyone but please, just let this go!

@ Tetris - I am so glad that you are not an Ombudsman, your so biased it's ridiculous. Just because you lost, your going to pick holes. Nice. Way to go you! :smt064
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Alright, it is time for everyone to take a step away from this thread and go back about their business.

If you have a jab or direct comment to make toward another user that is not directly related to DaVinci's pardon, take it up with that person via PM. While it's easier to make such comments in an on-topic post, it is not what you should do.

I try not to dish out a lot of warnings as Ombudsman, but if people continue to spam in this thread* I will be forced to stop being lenient.

I will go back through the entire thread and warn every person who posted an off-topic/non-productive comment if this continues.

That said, on-topic and productive comments and discussion is entirely welcome, just keep the personal jabs out of it.

Have a lovely day :-) ,

~Psyko

*this thread, and all others created within the Ombudsman's Corner in the future
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

:-"
*Sticks nose in*
Da Vinci hasnt behaved badly in this thread IMO. But neither has he behaved exceptionally well as the Admins would expect him to. Ultimatly, your appeal here is just to the Oms but Admins will want to look through your appeal process and look for exemplary behaviour. If you really wanted to get unbanned one would expect the effort to be made to make your case again.
Furthermore, the argument that "there arnt enough new players, the game is fading" etc, while valid in some cases should not be applicable to such a big case. If you have a country with a dwindling population, you may let off a few petty crimes to keep a larger workforce but you are unlikely to let out all your life imprisoned inmates.

However, I do personally want DaVinci back on the forums even if I am unsure if he SHOULD be let back.
davinciappeal
Forum Newbie

Jim wrote::-"
*Sticks nose in*
Da Vinci hasnt behaved badly in this thread IMO. But neither has he behaved exceptionally well as the Admins would expect him to. Ultimatly, your appeal here is just to the Oms but Admins will want to look through your appeal process and look for exemplary behaviour. If you really wanted to get unbanned one would expect the effort to be made to make your case again.
Furthermore, the argument that "there arnt enough new players, the game is fading" etc, while valid in some cases should not be applicable to such a big case. If you have a country with a dwindling population, you may let off a few petty crimes to keep a larger workforce but you are unlikely to let out all your life imprisoned inmates.

However, I do personally want DaVinci back on the forums even if I am unsure if he SHOULD be let back.

thankyou.. and yes there is alot of ways i could of gone about it but like many would agree what ever i say wouldn't be enough and would be criticized either way.

end of the day im still the same guy im not going to sit her saying im a new man because i would be lying how ever ive seen my mistakes i regret getting them warnings which i could of easily avoided in some cases but chose to take the dn't care attitude..i would like to be given a chance and a fresh slate to prove to you i made mistakes and have grown up from that, i have no intention getting them again as it's completely ruined my gaming.. and put me off gatewars. Would like to pop in on forums now and then see what's happening.

it is just a game so im not going to sit her rambling on if i get unbanned great if not so be it i had a great time and will miss the wars.

ps. empy never threatened you i dn't random mass and hit people without a reason and you never gave me one it was merely contacting you.. if i wanted to threaten you you wouldn't have a defence and i wouldn't of posted. your making me out to be some kind of guy by misconstruing my words.

yours truly etl.
Psyko
The Irresistible

That's the end of that. Because I have to sleep, I'll go through the thread and issue all the warnings in the morning. Y'all can thank the folks who can't follow the rules. Maybe now you will take us seriously when we tell you not to spam...then again, maybe you won't.

DaVinci, please feel free to communicate with Juliette and myself via PM. This thread was your only opportunity to post on the forum, and even though it is now locked, we still do not want you posting anywhere else on the forum. Failure to adhere to this request will lose you the chance to be pardoned.
As I've recently been informed that DaVinci does not have PM access, this thread will be cleaned, warnings issued, and reopened.

Subsequent spam will result in Board Warnings. There are enough verbals within this thread to justify such action, in my opinion.

Thanks a lot guys,

~Psyko

](*,)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Psyko
The Irresistible

All warnings for spam have been issued, and all off-topics posts have been removed.

Further spam will result in board warnings. There are enough verbal warnings within this thread as it is.

Juliette and I are in the process of discussing a pardon for DaVinci with the Administration. Final decisions will be posted here.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Time constraints and internal discussion prevented earlier reply, but here it comes.

It is the view of the ghastly trio of admins that there will not be a pardon at this time for the user Da Vinci. There is insufficient evidence indicating any real change from the behavior that led up to the initial permaban, and since a pardon is the last chance any user gets after a permaban, we do not wish to lightly give one. The only result of such when the user has not changed is that (s)he gets banned again after only a short time, with no hope of reprieve.

As such, the request is denied for this time, but that may change later if there is sufficient ground to change the decision.

Our common thought is that if you try again in 2-3 months and do not attempt bypassing any prior judgement in that time, the likelihood of a pardon is greater.

Sincerely,

the ghastly trio,
Zeratul, SuperSaiyan & Eärendil.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
davinciappeal
Forum Newbie

Zeratul wrote:Time constraints and internal discussion prevented earlier reply, but here it comes.

It is the view of the ghastly trio of admins that there will not be a pardon at this time for the user Da Vinci. There is insufficient evidence indicating any real change from the behavior that led up to the initial permaban, and since a pardon is the last chance any user gets after a permaban, we do not wish to lightly give one. The only result of such when the user has not changed is that (s)he gets banned again after only a short time, with no hope of reprieve.

As such, the request is denied for this time, but that may change later if there is sufficient ground to change the decision.

Our common thought is that if you try again in 2-3 months and do not attempt bypassing any prior judgement in that time, the likelihood of a pardon is greater.

Sincerely,

the ghastly trio,
Zeratul, SuperSaiyan & Eärendil.

np thx alot for everyone that took there time and tried to appeal ect.. im gone now anyway i tried sending one of you a message to end the appeal thank you again.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Case Closed.

Thank you to everyone for their time and energy in this appeal. Sad that it did not work out for DaVinci, but this is potentially not a permanent state of things.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”