I would like to lodge a complaint.

Ombudsman Case Archives
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

I would like to lodge a complaint.

I do not have many posts on this board and have tried to avoid it during the time this account has been active, when possible (at least posting with it). I have familiarize myself with the forum rules and have seen blatant favoritism by Empy towards DDE in the DDE / OE war thread in the GC (sorry I can't link to it but I am sure you know where it is.)

The thread was not modded at all for about 20 or so pages. The thread got heated and was locked.. twice I think. Jedi Tank, Robert and I believe Duck Dodgers have implied I am overweight and ugly, (which I take as a personal insult) in a few posts and nothing was done.. No warnings issued, no people banned. (Details of my life and personal appearance to the degree they have stated have NOT been made public on this forum by myself and any information they may have obtained in any other way is EXPRESSLY forbidden by the rules, and I quote:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

There was no role playing done in these posts only statements and insinuations about my personal appearance which had never been posted by myself on these boards! Even though this was in the GC and there is less strictness on the behavior there due to role playing nature of that section, this was never intended as any sort of role play but comments meant to be of a hurtful and abusive nature. (yet no warnings were issued.. no people were banned)

ETL gets a warning and banned for a comment he made in MSN that one of the DDE members copied and posted on the board from a MSN converastion.. Last I checked Kingdom Games does not govern what happens on other sites or programs and if anything the person who posted the convo should have been given the warning and NOT ETL since his comment was OUTSIDE the jurisdiction of Kingdom Games and this forum. (If I agree with his comment or not, it was done outside the game and he should not be punished for something he did outside the game... thats like getting a point in the game because you ran a red light in your car...)

Empy gives a blanket warning that no further talk about cheating or people scripting is to be made in the thread after he had unlocked it.

I point out that Robert is off topic and not banned and follow with a statement that I am sorry for not being more active and will return next week.. Empy replies "crap" in the subject line after the link to the thread and gives me a warning for being off topic.
Here is the first warning I got which is on topic. The only thing that could be deemed in any way off topic is my answer to Robert's question.

Message subject: Re: The War To End All Wars DDE VS OE - crap
Sent: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm
To: WoofyBear
Reply with quote Report private message Delete message
Subject: The War To End All Wars DDE VS OE - crap

WoofyBear wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
10 000 quad farmed in ascend by etl
woffy 500 trill in 20 min in main
where we go
I don.t talk about etl woffy gandy script

off topic again... yet still not banned??? hmm, are the mods ignoring Empy's more strict rules for this thread???

Sorry I haven't been on to play this week but RL issues which I don't care to air here require my time. I will see about coming off vac next week for some laughs.
Forum Guidelines wrote:
Section 4: Spam
b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Note:
Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages.

Please do not make off topic posts. This is a verbal warning.

~Empy

(please also note the subject of in the email.. "crap" added to it.. I take that as being disrespectful to me personally implying that my post is crap and then to add injury to insult I get a warning!)
Since Empy was nice enough to quote the rules to me... I will quote the rules to you that HE broke...
Section 9: Moderator Respect
Users are required to be respectful while addressing moderators who are acting in an official capacity. Moderators are likewise expected to be respectful to users while operating in an official capacity. Moderators will get no special treatment while posting as a user. If one party ceases to be respectful, that does NOT give the other party the liberty to respond with disrespect.

This extends to private messages and reports. If you message a staff member with demands or insults, or if you file a report with demands or insults, it will not be acceptable and may be ignored.

Consequence:
Users who are disrespectful to moderators or staff members will receive a verbal warning. Repeat offenders will receive one warning point. Issues about Moderators being disrespectful will be handled internally.

My comment here about Robert being off topic was in direct reply to his comment about scripting/cheating and meant as a flag and reminder to him and the moderators that this was considered off topic by Empy and points would be issued for this subject material. (this is a friendly equivalent of "can we get a mod to clean this thread"). I followed with a notice to everyone that I was sorry for not being active and would try to return next week. (NOT OFF TOPIC IN A WAR THREAD IN A WAR I AM PART OF!)

Robert has gone on on that thread and others accusing me and others in OE of cheating. I have explained to him repeatedly about why I had so much naq out answering his repeated question(which is obvious spam yet no warning or bann was given to him) so that he will stop posting. I see he had started a thread here viewtopic.php?p=2477814#p2477814 the same thing.. so I point out i have already answered his question many times and ask him a valid question "are you slightly retarded". If I knew that he was, I would have known how better to deal with the situation and his obvious reason for repeating the same question. I even put at the bottom of my post this was not an insult, it was a question. I get a verbal warning for this. COME ON.. I mean if you answer someone's question several times and they keep asking it, you cant help but ask if there is a reason for this... Slight, moderate, sever retardation.. OCD...whatever... and you will never know if you do not ask, and it will just serve to frustrate you so rather than deal with the frustration I ask the question... (Asking personal information is not against the rules.. Posting personal information about someone that they have not previously made public on the forum IS.) I Now please keep in mind it was bmmj that gave me that warning but it is important in the scheme of things to know the timeline...

Here is the last warning I got but the was actually the first post I made regarding this chain of events:

Message subject: Verbal Warning
Sent: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 pm
Reply with quote Report private message Delete message
Subject: How is this possible?

WoofyBear wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
when I see woffy bear account making 500 trill in 20 min nobody look on
I asked to look omega script
why admin can.t block them ](*,)

are you slightly retarded? Didn't I already tell you I was pulling out naq for upgrades?? Also, I invite the admins to check my account on an hourly basis if they want for the rest of my GW career.. I have never broken any rules and never will.

(no, that was not an insult.. look carefully.. its phrased as a question)

Verbal warning for insult.

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on other members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin color, religion, or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names, or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums themselves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6).

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments may be ignored. If not, a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user to tone it down. More serious cases and repeated breaking of the rule will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Forum Administrators and Moderators.

(note that Bmmj did not disrespect me in the subject line or even in my correspondence with him via PM even though I did get a bit heated and typed with caps (but later in the pm apoligized to him as he was unaware of the chain of events unraveling within the war thread which he does not moderate)

In my pms with BMMJ I tried to explain to him that it was a question and i pointed out that it was a question since i knew people would jump to conclusions that it was an insult. I object to that since I was just trying to prove that it WASEN'T an insult by pointing out it was a question!!! He then told me that he was going to just edit it but because I pointed out it was a question i got a warning... COME ON!!!! I try to make sure there is no misunderstanding (even though I am frustrated with the situation) and I get punished for being detailed so there is no misunderstanding!! I once again point out that ASKING A PERSONAL QUESTION (not sexual) on the forum is NOT against the rules, Posting personal information, regardless of how it was obtained, on the forum without the person you are talking about mentioning it on the boards prior to your statement IS. NO RULE WAS BROKEN BY ME IN THIS POST!

Right after I made that post in that thread, Robert goes at it again spamming the war thread and then I say something to the effect "I guess you are slightly retarded" as him repeating AGAIN the same question/spam seemed to be confirmation... This I think was the firsts warning I got and it was from Empy who "moderated" this thread before BMMJ got a chance to mod the other.. so basically I was given warnings twice for the same thing. Keep in mind my comment in the war thread was immediately after my answer to Robert in the other thread with my question to him.

This however, could be taken out of context if the reader did not know the timeline of events and read the post I had made just prior to this post in which I asked Robert the question "are you slightly retarded" (which is not against the rules to ask personal questions.. only to post personal things about someone on forum that the person had not already relieved publicly on the forum. I can understand if Empy might think that this was an insult but even after pointing out the previous post in a thread that he does not moderate, I still got the warning point rather than simply letting me know I needed to link to the other thread to make sure everyone could take it in context.. but we have already established with BMMJ that being detailed will only get you a warning!!

Empy issues yet another warning:

Message subject: Re: The War To End All Wars DDE VS OE - crap
Sent: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Quote message Report private message Delete message
Subject: The War To End All Wars DDE VS OE - crap

WoofyBear wrote:
R0B3RT wrote:
Jason not read forum and mail
the problem is here ](*,)
maybe is on vacantion now is summer ;)

but when is come back I think someone not talk like now :smt058

WONDERFUL!

Engrish lessons all around!
Quote:
Section 5: Language
a. English.
Members of the SGW forums are required to speak in English at all times. Members should also respect that English is not the first language of all users and respect that some people may struggle with it more than others.

Note:
The Spam temple will allow some foreign language, but not much. This will be left up to the discretion of the applicable moderators. Once advised to discontinue posting in another language, the normal forum rules will be applied henceforth.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user speak in English. A verbal warning will be issued for those who do not respect a person's English skills. One warning point may be issued for repeat offenders in either case (not speaking English or not respecting others English skills).

Please respect the English skills of other users. This is a verbal warning.

~Empy

once again I would like to point out the disrespectful "crap" at the end of the subject line...

Yes, I admit that this one deserved a warning but not a point, and according to the rules Empy still has to follow the "respect" rule. I was frustrated at this point that no one was stopping Robert from continuing his spam by repeating the same question again and again (breaking the spam rule) and taking about cheating/scripting that Empy had already said in a blanket warning to everyone that cheating/scripting was not to be included further in the thread and board warnings would be issued... (note Robert has done this MANY times in the DDE/OE thread and even took it to other threads and still has access to GC)

This post deserves a warning.. I should have not gotten points and certainly no banning from GC at this point from the posts that Empy "moderated". Robert has MANY off topic posts, as well as many others in DDE. I personally have gone in on different occasions in that thread and reported well over 100 posts by OE and DDE members BOTH as being o ff topic and yet the only people that seem to be getting warnings are OE members (except for JT) and the "moderator" is clearly showing favoritism in his capacity by allowing so many DDE members to continue Spamming the thread and posting things that he has deemed off topic and "point able".

Summary: I should have at most ONE point against me for my "Engrish" comment which was done out of frustration to make the mods pay attention and.. well... actually do their jobs as moderators. The warning I got from BMMJ was given to me for, i guess not asking the question but pointing out it was a question!!! So that in itself is a joke and the point/warning should be removed. The other points by Empy again should be removed as my posts were ON TOPIC and no warnings/points should be issued for those. The warning he gave me about my comment "I guess you are slightly more than retarded" to Robert could have been taken out of context but yet again, that could have been simply edited to reflect it was me thinking he had confirmed what I had asked and suspected...but in place of this simple concept of researching or even asking in a pm what I was referring to, the favoritism kicks in... warning for this...MAYBE.. point.. no...

Extra bous for those that would like to know...

Here is my convo with Jason at Friday (where yet again Robert spammed as well as a few from OE) the discussion with talk about scripts and cheating...

This was my PVT with Jason (I really hope you don't get upset about this Jason, I have already emailed you most of this per your request but felt that it was important that the community as a whole knows about the favoritism Empy is showing in his mod capacity on the forum and the extent of the paranoia and propaganda DDE is going on with accusing OE of cheating to direct attention from themselves when it is they who freely admit to you in a group convo they script!)

[00:39:51] Common channels with adminHere: #theplace
[00:39:51] <adminHere> if you have specifics you want to bring to my attention, use admin@kingdomgames.com
[00:40:09] <adminHere> include the specific bias example; which mod;
[00:40:25] <adminHere> i have a 'review' underway - but specifics always help
[00:40:26] <WoofyBear> ok, thanks, i will forward you the warnings I got and the lack of fairness empy has shown in detail
[00:40:31] <adminHere> perfect.
[00:40:34] <adminHere> thank you :)
[00:41:17] <WoofyBear> hey, i complain a lot, but only when there is a reason. :-) I enjoy the game and want to see it continue.. sorry but my email to you will probably be a long one
[00:47:28] <adminHere> thats ok :) just include an 'executive summary' first so i understand what i then read :) ..puts it in context better
[00:49:42] <WoofyBear> hahah, ok... i will. sumary of it first and then the details
[00:50:19] <WoofyBear> oh, and please, if there is any way for you to check my account for script running, please do it and post on main forums to shut dde up. i have never and will never cheat!
[00:50:43] <adminHere> lol include your ID but no promises
[00:50:50] <adminHere> i have hard time proving script, so proving no script is same
[00:51:53] <WoofyBear> well, i havent EVER ran one but today tweets was searching yahoo and found some posts around the net with scripts
[00:52:08] <WoofyBear> so myabe if she forwards you those you can find a way to counter them at least
[01:02:53] <adminHere> yes i got a couple emails from her. i assume thats the script jt is accused of using / is using on dev/ whatever ;)
[01:04:03] <WoofyBear> well, using the scripts on dev... thats good and bad.. i mean, it should be illiegal to run them anywhere in the game, but if you dont have someone trying to make them and show you how they did it, you wont be able to counter them.. its a catch 22 situation...
[01:04:18] <WoofyBear> damned if you ban them on dev, damned if you dont
[01:04:35] <adminHere> yup.
[01:05:12] <WoofyBear> i dont envy you in your position :-(
[01:05:17] <WoofyBear> no way to please everyone...
[01:19:31] adminHere is now known as adminGone.

and here is the actual admin meeting (with the spam left in just to show that both OE and DDE were spamming and being disrespectful of the meeting... You see, I am not showing favoritism in this.. I am just posting FACTS

(please, if there are things in this that are not filtered on the forum and should be.. i am not trying to mask or cover only posting word for word what went on in the group conversation with the Admin and please feel free to edit out any and all profanity but do leave the rest of the details for you and the rest of the server to see)

[00:35:43] The topic is: Come chat with Admin: Fridays 8:30am and 3:30pm gametime. J buggered off on holiday till 3rd August.. ot our fault he slipped out the window when our back was turned
[00:35:43] Topic set by Greebo_The_Mini at Fri Jul 20 2012 05:24:26 PM.
[00:35:43] You are now talking in #theplace. Have fun!
[00:35:43] irc.gamesadvantage.com sets mode +ntrS
[00:35:43] Channel was created at Fri May 6 2011 05:00:50 PM
[00:36:26] GateCrasher730 joined the channel.
[00:36:58] Huxley joined the channel.
[00:38:22] adminGoneDev is now known as adminHere.
[00:38:31] <~adminHere> heya
[00:38:34] <Rudy> hello
[00:38:39] <WoofyBear> hello
[00:39:10] <Ducky> Evening :)
[00:39:16] <WoofyBear> so, is this where we complain about the mods being one sided and warning OE constantly and then dde doing the same thing and getting by with it?
[00:39:32] <~adminHere> yes that would be
[00:39:39] <~adminHere> see PM
[00:39:42] <WoofyBear> well, consider me complaining
[00:39:48] <Rudy> xD
[00:40:03] Ducky searches for the trout
[00:40:19] Ducky slaps WoofyBear around a bit with a large trout
[00:40:24] <GateCrasher730> Hi all
[00:40:27] <Ducky> there it is :D
[00:40:57] <~adminHere> so - from this AM - 2 items going into dev soon
[00:41:05] <~adminHere> 1) auto alliance war going to a version of bloodwar
[00:41:26] <Rudy> and how will that work?
[00:41:49] JediTank joined the channel.
[00:41:52] Ducky wonders if admin build it on the dev server already
[00:41:55] <~adminHere> 2) covert level 'balancing' whereby attack/def covert levels max out at 5 difference; (either defender ups cov; or attacker has cov level 'temp set' to defender + 5 ) or some such
[00:41:57] <JediTank> yo yo
[00:42:20] <~adminHere> no not already. i spend mos tof my day so far answering 'why daddy' questions from zach (4) ... friday is a juggle :)
[00:42:37] <Ducky> hehe
[00:42:48] <~adminHere> but those 2 items are going dev for sure...as they're both worthwhile
[00:42:55] <~adminHere> and overall benefit to the game as a whole
[00:43:13] <Rudy> Explain how they work
[00:43:15] <~adminHere> rudy - the 'how' will be tested, but i think X number of attacks over X amount of time
[00:43:55] <WoofyBear> are you referrring to the blood war thing that JT posted?
[00:44:02] <~adminHere> there will be a 'counter' to warn the attacker where the 'doomsday alliance war clock' stands iwth other alliance (where war/war is currently will be like 95/100 to war or such)
[00:44:20] <~adminHere> woofy - or some variation. i have heard a few variations
[00:44:25] <WoofyBear> i read that a few minutes ago and was considering posting... it has merit, but has too many ways it could be exploited if setup the way he explains it
[00:44:30] <~adminHere> dev is to hammer out hte specifics :)
[00:44:40] <~adminHere> and exploits ;)
[00:44:51] <~adminHere> a 'customized' ME or equal will be used too
[00:45:17] <~adminHere> i MAY consider removing all other alliance war in favor of the 'new' (auto) war.... will see how popular other wars have been
[00:45:18] <Rudy> How will it work exactly? Like say I mass someone in TA. Will Omega get an auto war with TA over that 1 mass?
[00:45:26] <~adminHere> but simplyfy instead of just add...may be good
[00:45:29] <PoDDE> let it last for a week..and no ppts, including market ppts
[00:45:33] <Rudy> Please explain how this auto alliance war will work
[00:45:40] <~adminHere> rudy - i cannot yet
[00:45:53] <Rudy> then why come out with that update?
[00:45:53] <WoofyBear> that would be a good idea.. but "taking them to the blood realm" and being untouchable would not work... also would be better if they were not allowed to exchange resources with anyone outside the blood war.... (no outside help, not even from blackmarket)
[00:45:54] <~adminHere> but yes - if its just one person that masses enough to 'trigger' it
[00:45:59] <Rudy> if you cant explain it
[00:46:24] <~adminHere> rudy - when i program i make variables
[00:46:33] <~adminHere> what hte variable is, can change in 2seconds
[00:46:41] <~adminHere> the 'system' of course must be built first
[00:46:50] Borek joined the channel.
[00:47:03] <Ducky> Admin, I'd say throw whatever it is you have in mind on the dev server and post on the main forum requesting participation for testing and feedback on use.
[00:47:10] <Rudy> I know, but if you cant explain how this auto war with alliance works. Whats the point of making it for the game? To make the players understand it before the admins do?
[00:47:27] <JediTank> the war/war with no nox and no critical in a blood realm will be unfeaseable with the free use of the various scripts available now..Im not accusing, or changing the subject..but testing on this has shown it to be unfeaseable
[00:48:00] <WoofyBear> rudy, he is trying to say it scomplicated and would take too long to type it all out... give him a little break man :-)
[00:48:08] <JediTank> for you can set the automated functions to run until there is no uu or naq for it to run
[00:48:31] <Borek> Yeah i heard you've been testing scripts extensively
[00:48:48] <JediTank> I have been, I have been watching them as well
[00:49:21] <Rudy> So you admit to breaking the game rules
[00:49:35] <Rudy> and yet you and your
[00:49:44] <Borek> Interesting, flat out admission in an admin chat, with admin here to see
[00:49:45] <JediTank> dev sevrver bud
[00:49:46] <Rudy> "empire" accuse others of doing it
[00:49:47] <Huxley> lmao you sir cannot admit you are just not good enough, and you just admitted to cheating...
[00:49:49] <JediTank> its for testing
[00:50:06] <Huxley> Not true, evidence shows you were using it on main
[00:50:07] <Rudy> riight
[00:50:24] <JediTank> lets keep our war out of this
[00:50:34] <Rudy> You brought it up
[00:50:46] <Rudy> trying to bait us....it worked. ;)
[00:50:55] <JediTank> I made a feaseable comment based on data collected
[00:51:08] <~adminHere> k sorry pm
[00:51:09] <Rudy> and when it works, you use it in main
[00:51:18] <JediTank> Im nt ashamed or shy to bring forth findings or good ideas
[00:51:46] <Rudy> only when its not against you or your allies
[00:52:08] <JediTank> grow up guys, not everything is about you or our allies
[00:52:35] <JediTank> its time to think outside the box and help get this game to the next level which is why I am here
[00:52:39] <~adminHere> jt if you forward the 'how' of hte script to me, i can ensure it does not work
[00:52:39] <Rudy> Nor is it about you and accusing others of cheating/scripting
[00:52:43] <JediTank> ;)
[00:52:55] <Borek> actually nothing was about me or my allies, was just me stating you have been extensively testing scripts and you agreeing
[00:53:06] <JediTank> yea so
[00:53:07] Ducky slaps Rudy, Huxley, Borek around a bit with a large trout
[00:53:13] <JediTank> its what I do
[00:53:17] <Ducky> take it elsewhere
[00:53:19] <JediTank> Borek
[00:53:19] <Huxley> What sort of IPs would admin find if he were too look at your account JT? Italian/Romainian?
[00:53:22] <JediTank> its part of my job
[00:53:33] <WoofyBear> Rudy, JT, please, both... calm down and let admin continue
[00:53:36] <JediTank> probably 35 or more
[00:53:45] <Borek> i see, so admin actually employs you to test out how to cheat in his game?
[00:54:05] <~adminHere> i am not going to get into who used what when --here -- but i will do all i can to (across the board) ensure they do not work on sgw. more info=more likely success on that front
[00:54:13] <JediTank> back on subject , thanks
[00:54:28] <Rudy> we are on subject
[00:54:38] <Rudy> you brought it up, now we talking
[00:54:39] <Borek> personally i think some bannings would actually deter people from using them
[00:54:41] <Rudy> ;)
[00:54:46] <~adminHere> k. what is the subject? scripts? autowar? bloodwar? covert level differentials?
[00:54:53] <Rudy> everything admin
[00:54:53] <Rudy> :)
[00:54:58] <GateCrasher730> :)
[00:55:02] <Ducky> you guys are reading into things and are reading things you wanna read ...
[00:55:10] <Rudy> How will the auto war kick in
[00:55:11] <Huxley> right back at ya
[00:55:14] <Ducky> the game admin
[00:55:15] <~adminHere> borek - picking only those 'whined about' is not a valid or sustainable way to stop cheating
[00:55:18] <JediTank> my point was simple, and feaseable for all J, with war/war and the availability of the various scripts to everyone..with no nox or crit it wont work out, so noc/crit with no phase should probably be apart of it
[00:55:25] <Borek> Oh sorry Duck, you still playing? thought you and the missus had had a hissy fit and left :P
[00:55:37] <Ducky> yeah ...
[00:55:38] <Huxley> lmao
[00:55:52] <Ducky> sob story ... you guys enjoying that pretty much are you :)
[00:55:52] <Rudy> will it kick in if i mass only 1 person...will it mean auto war for both alliances
[00:55:56] <Rudy> talk admin
[00:56:04] <~adminHere> rudy - it will be based on a combination of, or based on solely, # attacks/attack turns; damage done; # or % of alliance hitting other; # or % of alliance being hit by other
[00:56:09] Ducky slaps Borek around a bit with a large trout
[00:56:21] <Borek> well JT for a start the scripts are not available to anyone, believe it or nor a significant amount of players do not know how to cheat, nor do they want or need too
[00:56:57] <Th3-Jok3r> if someone is mass u should get more sabs at him me thinks a just sitting there with noting all u can do is repair
[00:57:10] <JediTank> if the shoe fits borek, wear it, if it doesnt then dont worry about it
[00:57:19] <Huxley> Here is some facts: JT is / has admitted to scripting. Robert very often will use JTs account (which can be quite clearly shown if you check the IPs) when JT is not around. I mean hell, look at JT hes been slapped about so many times, yet, apparently he wasn't playing? Curious
[00:57:34] rob3rt joined the channel.
[00:57:52] <Rudy> Hey bebs
[00:57:52] <WoofyBear> ok a bit off topic but since this is a public place, i would like to formally request that admin check my account for any cheating so peple will quit spamming about it
[00:57:58] <Rudy> I mean robert ;)
[00:58:28] <Th3-Jok3r> admin check pm befor u run off plz
[00:58:32] Ducky wonders if we can try and keep this admin game related as admin is about to program a system on the dev where wars can be won and big dogs no longer 'easy'can kill little ones
[00:58:33] <Borek> for me the biggest problem is the ability to buy/accept endless amounts of UU and Naq, those making people who are not willing or able to spend cash unable to compete. It is one of hte main reasons people cannot "win" wars, both sides can gather endless resources to keep fighting
[00:58:52] <~adminHere> catching up
[00:59:02] <Rudy> yes, catch up. ;)
[00:59:05] <Th3-Jok3r> kk
[01:00:07] <rob3rt> ;)
[01:00:23] <JediTank> oh hai bebs
[01:00:28] <JediTank> i mean rob
[01:00:31] <Th3-Jok3r> jt i love u
[01:00:37] <Rudy> *wonders is boomers bro is here*
[01:00:38] <WoofyBear> the issue with big players smashing little ones can be resolved if there is a limit to the damage they can do to someone based on AS/Ascendsion lvl/ and cov lvls (sortof like raiding limits you.. )
[01:01:10] <WoofyBear> the blood war is a great idea, if executed properly
[01:01:19] <JediTank> one of my old suggestions..amazing
[01:01:33] <WoofyBear> but needs a lot of players testing it on beta long before it goes live
[01:01:51] Rudy has quit (Client exited).
[01:01:58] <WoofyBear> JT, I agree with a lot of your suggestions at least in part
[01:02:01] <Borek> maybe limit weekly raiding/trading numbers based on covert+AC levels, the higher your combo then the less UU you can get hold of per week
[01:02:04] Rudy joined the channel.
[01:02:33] <Borek> need to go back to the days where you actually care about your troops
[01:02:43] <rob3rt> TOM try log in with gandy name ;)
[01:02:58] <Rudy> I did
[01:02:58] <rob3rt> wrong one huxley
[01:03:03] <Rudy> wouldnt work :(
[01:03:04] <Borek> OK, oh damn gave away i'm really Tom...doh!
[01:03:09] <Rudy> so now im using Rudys
[01:03:18] <Huxley> I like how your "daughter" suddenly stepped up forum activity when you got banned from the GC btw JT, funny that eh. Good way of covering it up by throwing posts around other sections. Back onto the topic, I'd like JT/Robert's IPs checked against logging into JT's account please
[01:03:29] <GateCrasher730> hey too many of us logged on as tom someone quit please
[01:04:10] <JediTank> she doesnt have an account hux, its time to grow up and move past your obssessive contempt for me and anyone else you share these feelings with
[01:04:25] <JediTank> because in the big picture nobody really cares about your disposition
[01:04:33] <Borek> Well i am sure you won't mind if your IP exception is removed Charles
[01:04:42] <Huxley> No obsession, just like to see a cheater taken care o
[01:04:53] <rob3rt> id=50040 need a ceck script user
[01:05:02] <rob3rt> is on now;)
[01:05:12] Rudy is now known as Deni.
[01:05:13] <JediTank> this is about improving the game for EVERYONE, not just a select few of grumpy old timers still whining about the same **Filtered** from 2007 or beyond
[01:05:26] Deni is now known as REK.
[01:05:50] <Borek> How about remove all IP exceptions as a start then
[01:06:03] <JediTank> Thats not up to you borek, if it became a game law then i either accept it or go my way
[01:06:14] REK is now known as Deathlok.
[01:06:26] <Huxley> Agreed
[01:06:34] <~adminHere> reading...more pm...
[01:06:35] <Borek> just throwing it out there as a fair way to begin to reign in cheaters
[01:06:40] <Huxley> Remove all IP exceptions
[01:06:43] <Deathlok> kinda like how you "retiring" at the end of the month dad?
[01:06:48] <Huxley> <JediTank> she doesnt have an account hux
[01:06:55] <Huxley> Explain, ingame or forum?
[01:07:19] <Huxley> Classic logging in there too
[01:07:51] <Borek> Lets see if we can go for the double, admission of multying as well as scripting :P
[01:08:12] <Borek> Usain Tank lmao
[01:08:44] Deathlok is now known as Duck.
[01:08:53] Ducky slaps Duck around a bit with a large trout
[01:08:56] Ducky slaps Duck around a bit with a large trout
[01:09:01] <Ducky> FAKE !!!
[01:09:08] Duck is now known as Charlie.
[01:09:15] <Ducky> ��
[01:09:16] <JediTank> its none of anyone business what my daughter does or doesnt do
[01:09:16] <rob3rt> hackshield pro can.t block the script?
[01:09:55] <Charlie> Bebs, OE will script all we want. All you can do is **Filtered** about it, nothing more. :)
[01:10:09] <rob3rt> i know
[01:10:14] <Huxley> Where's your evidence of this scripting guys? Come on spill the beans
[01:10:27] <Borek> did you like my Happy Birthday script rob? :P
[01:10:30] <rob3rt> but i like fight players not programm
[01:10:42] <rob3rt> shut up borek
[01:10:50] <rob3rt> i don.t joke now
[01:10:53] <Huxley> Your fighting players who are way out of your leauge thats your problem
[01:11:16] <rob3rt> is a big problem in game with this script
[01:11:18] Ducky wonders if he could get OP rights so he could kick some channel members
[01:11:19] Charlie is now known as TheRealTekki.
[01:11:21] <~adminHere> ok - gonna call it.
[01:11:32] <~adminHere> i got littel out of the whole 'you did not you did' ..
[01:11:35] <~adminHere> but -- i did get:
[01:11:43] <TheRealTekki> :)
[01:11:49] <~adminHere> 1) add script blocks / checks/ outs to dev
[01:12:07] <~adminHere> 2) nobody seemed to object to covert level 'caps' based on att/def differentials
[01:12:08] <rob3rt> thanks :)
[01:12:23] <TheRealTekki> you welcome
[01:12:28] <~adminHere> 3) make bloodwar / autowar not abusable. and decisive (ie who wins)
[01:12:35] TheRealTekki is now known as NotTekki.
[01:12:47] <~adminHere> and let rudy know what triggers it (sounds like not just player 1 -> mass player 2 ...)
[01:12:54] <~adminHere> :)
[01:12:58] <NotTekki> :)
[01:13:03] <rob3rt> :)
[01:13:03] <Borek> i'd rather you flattened off the bonus from the covert levels, so say once you get past covert 35 the 1.41 multiplier drops off each level
[01:13:04] <NotTekki> I will let him know
[01:13:05] <Huxley> Nothing on checking JT/Robert Logins?
[01:13:15] <Huxley> the IPs you will find are completely different....
[01:13:27] NotTekki is now known as JUAN.
[01:13:36] <GateCrasher730> ADMIN - how do we stop outside interference??
[01:14:06] <JUAN> que?
[01:14:22] <~adminHere> bloodwar will exclude all but hte 2 allinaces in question
[01:14:51] <GateCrasher730> so multiple allaince cannot fight with blood realm//
[01:14:52] JUAN is now known as Robe.
[01:15:00] <Borek> what about IP exceptions admin? Any reason why they cannot be removed for everyone, it is clear some have and are being massively abused
[01:15:09] <~adminHere> and email hux if you want something checked. things may not, though, be as black and white or easy to 'prove' as you may think, is my only cautino/expectation set....
[01:15:15] <~adminHere> no - just 2 in blood
[01:15:28] <WoofyBear> admin, so a blood war with two alliances will only allow those two alliances to hit eachother and no one else can hit either side? if so.. bad idea.. very abusable
[01:15:29] <GateCrasher730> can it be increased??
[01:15:55] <GateCrasher730> Empire blood realm??
[01:16:31] <JediTank> Borek the availability of proxy use will prevent that
[01:17:01] <WoofyBear> empire blood realm would be a good idea, but once again, if outsiders are not allowed to hit either side, it will be abused
[01:17:05] <Borek> it's a lot easier to check proxy use though
[01:17:52] <WoofyBear> i use a proxy some times. cant watch Hulu.com ouside the states without using a proxy :-)
[01:18:07] <GateCrasher730> explain woofy?? is it not being abused by alliances using outside help??
[01:18:30] <rob3rt> who give to ETL 10 quadralion on ascend server ?
[01:18:40] <rob3rt> i see got reset now
[01:18:49] <WoofyBear> well, the way i see it,
[01:18:59] Robe is now known as Erik.
[01:19:01] <~adminHere> k - gonna call it now :)
[01:19:15] Erik is now known as Erikthedestroyer.
[01:19:22] <Th3-Jok3r> byeeeeeee
[01:19:27] <~adminHere> thanks all. good to see some fine sides taken ;) and some good ideas
[01:19:27] <~adminHere> thanks again
[01:19:31] adminHere is now known as adminGone.
[01:19:33] <GateCrasher730> oi what bout my questions??
[01:19:39] <GateCrasher730> gone :(
[01:19:44] <Erikthedestroyer> and mines :(
[01:19:45] <Ducky> thanks for the time admin, do let us know when you got someting running on the dev server, and an extensive post with use and request for feedback would be great
[01:19:45] <rob3rt> :)
[01:19:59] <rob3rt> yep
[01:20:00] <Erikthedestroyer> time for OE to make a new better script
[01:20:09] <WoofyBear> if say TDD and OA go to blood war.. they call a cease fire and just sit there and do nothing.. its like perpetual PPT if they both agree not to farm ... so you could end up getting people to start up an alliance and get their friend to do the same.. they build up huge incomes and go into bloodrealm and then just sit there for six months and then when it ends, its like 6 months of PPT...
[01:20:19] <rob3rt> rudy=stupid
[01:20:21] <rob3rt> ;)
[01:20:48] <Erikthedestroyer> your mom wasnt saying that last night as a rammed her
[01:20:50] <Erikthedestroyer> :)
[01:21:05] <GateCrasher730> well no attacks after xxx amount of time and blood realm ends with a cool down period of 1 week....problem solved.
[01:21:06] <rob3rt> my mom is dad
[01:21:18] <JediTank> I cant believ how you guys completely crapped up a game betterment discussion
[01:21:19] <Borek> that is why the blood realm did not go live way back when it was 1st suggested Woofy, it was clearly exploitable, we need a way to get it in the game without the loopholes and exploits
[01:21:19] <rob3rt> please don.t use his name
[01:21:30] <Erikthedestroyer> I know... as the corps is my mother and my father. :)
[01:21:35] <JediTank> everything is exploitable
[01:21:44] <Erikthedestroyer> Yea
[01:21:45] <GateCrasher730> who started that **Filtered** JT....you!!1
[01:21:53] <Ducky> you could have income determine in sense of activity
[01:21:54] <JediTank> what are you so scared about blood realm being exploitable for?
[01:22:05] GateCrasher730 has left the channel.
[01:22:06] Erikthedestroyer is now known as JeditankMkII.
[01:22:20] <Ducky> income relating to market turn worth of prices to determine raw income
[01:22:30] <rob3rt> need to leave this chat
[01:22:32] <JeditankMkII> Yes
[01:22:42] <rob3rt> the mexican is a big stupid
[01:22:43] <Borek> I don't care, i have stiffy's old account, i could just go into a BR with some friends who make an alliance and sit there unhittable for month making 900b a turn, but actually i don't want to see that being possible
[01:22:44] <rob3rt> :(
[01:22:51] <JediTank> I am totally ashamed DDE was your allies for those years..and really ashamed to be participating in a war with you all..lol people just LOL
[01:22:52] <Ducky> use no turns .. no income, use lots, normal income
[01:23:02] JediTank has quit (Client exited).
[01:23:07] rob3rt has quit (Client exited).
[01:23:32] <WoofyBear> wow
[01:23:39] <JeditankMkII> Duck, time for you to leave with your dde friends :)
[01:23:51] Ducky slaps JeditankMkII around a bit with a large trout
[01:23:54] <Borek> yeah, toys left the pram, true to form
[01:24:01] Ducky slaps Borek around a bit with a large trout
[01:24:11] <WoofyBear> someone actually agrees with JTs idea, then wants to give a little criticizm on it and he freaks out and wants to know why we are scared its exploitable...
[01:24:13] <WoofyBear> wow...
[01:24:19] <Borek> quite sure he's be script massing me now if i wasn't on ppt :P
[01:25:01] <JeditankMkII> I will soon
[01:25:04] <JeditankMkII> just watch
[01:25:11] <JeditankMkII> Im making a script just for that
[01:25:17] <Ducky> instead of pointing out exploits, suggestion improvement goes a long way
[01:25:27] [WHOIS JeditankMkII] IP: NORAD.Chat-53E1D21E.hsd1.or.comcast.net (lightIRC.com Flash IRC Client)
[01:25:27] [WHOIS JeditankMkII] Channels: #gatewars #theplace #tradeserver
[01:25:27] [WHOIS JeditankMkII] Server: irc.gamesadvantage.com (NORAD Chat Location: West Coast, North America)
[01:25:27] [WHOIS JeditankMkII] Idle: 15 seconds, signon time: Sat Aug 11 2012 01:02:13 AM.
[01:25:46] <Borek> Banning people who admit in an admin meeting to using scripts would be nice, dont you think?
[01:25:49] <JeditankMkII> Tell that in public to your DDE buddies ;)
[01:26:00] <JeditankMkII> I think it would be great
[01:26:14] <Ducky> Borek, your an idiot if you truly make from that sentence JT said that he uses scripts
[01:26:19] JeditankMkII is now known as Jeditank.
[01:26:57] <Borek> [01:48:40] <Borek> Yeah i heard you've been testing scripts extensively[01:48:58] <JediTank> I have been, I have been watching them as well
[01:27:06] <Huxley> Duck, your a fool for still defending that ginger-wannabe ninja
[01:27:18] <WoofyBear> ducky, he said that he used them on dev... and if you use them on one.. .its a good chance they are going to be using on the other... why use it on def if not to perfect it for main.... he admited he used it on dev....
[01:27:23] <Th3-Jok3r> lol
[01:27:55] <Huxley> Woofy he got caught using it on Main anyway
[01:28:06] <WoofyBear> im not pointing fingers here.. just pointing out what he said
[01:29:01] <Ducky> TJ said a sentense "..but testing on this "
[01:29:08] <Huxley> Remarkable how they haven't been able to give any evidence about OE's apparent scripting though....
[01:29:16] <Ducky> he been hitting gandys defense there a lot ;)
[01:29:27] <Ducky> so you might wanna watch what you say
[01:29:43] <Borek> So we have the head of DDE admitting to testing scripts when half his empire is accusing the enemy of using them and kicking up a fuss about it
[01:29:45] <Huxley> You tool, so because gandy can repair quick he is a scripter?
[01:29:51] <Ducky> he means he been testing the bitter end of that stick
[01:30:04] <WoofyBear> ok, well, i have better things to do than listen to this **Filtered** fest continue... have fun guys...

notice that you have Jedi Tank in this conversation admitting that he develops and runs scripts on the dev server... So far, I think he is the only person confessing to cheating and I personally have never cheated and even submitted my account for review by the admin yet he and his empire members are constanly accusing people in OE of cheating trying to keep attention away from themselves.

Side bet: How long from the time of this post before one of the DDE Guys comes in here to spam this thread with rebuttals about their Leader admitting to cheating and still getting away with it? 10 naq to the closest guess.

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Re: I would like to lodge a complaint.

As I told you in PM, just because you posted the same thing but in two separate areas, does not mean it's ok to post nor would you only get 1 verbal warning for posting it.

The topics in question:
viewtopic.php?p=2477814#p2477814
viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2477840#p2477840

One of which was dumped by Empy the other which I modified your post to remove the insult. Implying something about someone is no different than outright saying it, considering you were doing so about their person rather than their in game or forum account.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

WoofyBear
Forum Irregular

Before i get modded and issued another point for needlessness.. I put my original comments in here that were modded for the simple reason they were removed from the original posts by the mods and I feel that they are COMPLETELY relevant to my situation and my complain about the mods in question.

No bmmJ i was not implying it.. i was asking a question. Yes, it was a personal question and could have been deemed off topic but the rest of the post was NOT and warning at most should be issued for off topic NOT insulting someone.

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
Osiris™ wrote:

You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I'm fairly sure your only complaint against me is that the word "crap" was in the subject line of the PM, and I can debunk that fairly easily. When I split the posts from the thread I indicate what the posts are for possible future filing purposes. For example "Topic name - spam" or "Topic name - insults" or in this case "Topic name - crap."

If you think that I added crap in the specific PM to you you're incorrect, when I click the "PM" button on a specific post to issue a verbal warning it quotes the name of the thread as the subject line which in this case contained crap. If you took that as a personal insult (and I don't see how you could) or as being disrespectful that's because you were looking for something to be a personal insult or disrespectful so when you read "crap" your brain just immediately interpreted it as such.

Sorry I couldn't understand the rest of the post I dunno if you had any other problems. If I remember correctly you received 1 Board Warning for abuse, 1 verbal warning spam, and 1 verbal warning for not respecting the English skills of others. If you have a problem with any of those then please feel free to let me know instead of going straight to Admin Jason and the Ombudsman.

Oops sorry I remember you had another complaint that I'm clearly favoring DDE or something like that. Well, you can just ask them about that.....

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Empy
Derper

WoofyBear wrote:then by your logic bmmj should not have actually given me a warning then for my question to Robert unless his brain just immediately interpreted it as an insult.. if by that logic then the warning from him should be removed..
I have no idea what warning BMMJ gave you and it's not my problem either, so I can't speak to that.

WoofyBear wrote:I also am complaining about you not warning or banning Robert for his off topic spam and repeated infractions spamming about scripts and cheating when you said it would be considered off topic..
You have no idea what warnings R0B3RT was given.

WoofyBear wrote:I also am complaint since seem to be the one modding the thread that you have not issued warnings for the personal insults nearish the beginning of the thread that JT, Robert and i believe Duck Dogers made against me...
Never saw 'em, unless your name is Tekki in which case I did issue warnings in regards to those insults.

WoofyBear wrote:You completely ignoring those and letting them slide shows favoritism of one kind or another. As a mod you should be impartial and should issue warnings / points to ANYONE that infringes on the rules.. not just a few.
You imply that I read every single post in the thread, and made a decision in regards to each post whether or not it was against any rules. And furthermore you imply that I even considered at any point, on any level, the ingame affiliation of the members who made said posts. I can tell you with 100% certainty I couldn't care less about the ingame alliance of anyone I give warnings to, if I give 100 warnings to OE members and 0 to DDE it's because I never saw any posts made by DDE breaking the rules. If I give 100 warnings to DDE members and 0 to OE it's because I never saw any posts made by OE breaking the rules. I can also say with 100% certainty that I didn't read every single post that thread.

Alliance doesn't matter, if your post breaks the rules and I see it the proper steps are followed and punishments given out as outlined in the Moderator Forum. Just because one group of players from a certain ingame empire gets a disproportionate amount of warnings (which in this case isn't true) doesn't mean any group they're currently at war with deserves more warnings, or if they don't receive warnings doesn't mean they're being favored.

WoofyBear wrote:If you were to show fairness, there would have been warnings and perhaps a few bannings from the personal insults that came my way in that thread from DDE members. You would had also at least responded to a few of the MANY reports I made about posts being off topic by both members of OE and DDE.
For each rule on these boards you may or may not receive a verbal warning for breaking the rule before receiving a board warning. For example it requires you have 2 verbal warnings for spam in your user notes within the past month before you are given a board warning. On the other hand you will receive a board warning for masking 100% of the time. You must have 3 active board warnings on your record to receive a 2 week ban (board warnings deactivate after 6 months), then after another 3 you get another 2 week ban, and then another, until you have 9 active board warnings in which case you receive a permanent ban.

If someone were to make a heinous personal insult, or spam an excessive amount, they do not get a ban because the personal insult they made was heinous, or because they spammed a large amount. They are banned following the above process. In addition the verbal and board warnings are for the most part (see exception, this thread) private and only known to the user. So your claim any DDE member should have been banned or given warnings is none of your business, as I said, the above process is followed, and you can claim that it wasn't and the Ombudsman can investigate that, but I can guarantee 100% of the time it is.

In response to responding to your reports, I'm not sure what you mean. If I see a report I handle it, which means I either close it and do nothing, or I close it and dish out the proper punishment if a rule or rules were broken. I don't respond to the person who made the report and give a synopsis of what I did and an explanation for it, because it's none of the reporters business.

You show more bias than I ever have. I don't care if someone is in OE, DDE, TL, MaYHeM, FS, Ricos, TAF, HVE, or any other ingame alliance/empire. I don't care who is at war with who, I don't care who hates who, I don't care who has a grudge against who. I read posts, I determine whether or not the posts I read break any rules, and I take the proper action if they do. I couldn't care less who the authors of the posts are, so it would be very hard for me to favor one group over another.

Spoiler
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular

I have valid points I would like to make to the ombudsmen about the moderators. As I have stated in previous posts the (for further clarity) was meant as background information for the Ombudsmen. I have repeatedly asked JT to remove himself and his spam from this thread and I kindly ask a moderator to remove him from this thread as it is meant for the purpose of lodging what I feel are valid complaints.

I realize that mods sometimes tend to get a bit twitchy when it is suggested they do their job.. but could someone please encourage Jedi Tank to refrain from further spamming this thread and trying to derail it?

his comments about my post (SPECIFICALLY meant as background material for the ombudsmen, was not wanted, needed, or even useful in more than a very moderate way and in almost no way contributed to this thread in a valid wait and seems to be the nothing more than spam spilling over from the war thread.

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
Osiris™ wrote:

ZERO
Spoiler
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular

Actually Empy, look at Jt's comments here in THIS thread.. he refers to me directly as Tekki... That right there as well as his reference and replays to my posts in the war thread and his respons to me as well as PMs from him to me in game tells you that he is calling me Tekki and insulting me... Come on.... if you are going to mod then it is common practice to actually read the threads you are supposed to mod and respond to all infractions...

If points had actually been given out for each time they posted an insult towards me (while referring to me as Tekki) then several of them would have been banned... the fact that they haven't proves my point... In a way, yes, it is my business to know if posts I read and report are actually being responded to and mods are doing their job... I report off topic posts and other infractions to make your job easier, not to do it for you.

Me, Biased?? no, I am just pointing out things that i see as obvious.. and your reference about you not caring about what bmmj gave me a warning for..well... that kind of proves that there is a problem with the moderators.. you say that my mind immediately goes to insult over you putting "crap" in the subject line for the warnings you issued to me.. well, by the same note, BMMJ gave me warning/point for a QUESTION i asked someone and even pointed out it was a question!!!! his mind immediately jumped to "insult" and i got punished... who is right here? if you are right then bmmj is wrong....who is it? either way warning/point should be removed and the, what i find as obvious double set of rules) needs a closer inspection and the moderators being reprimanded "in-house" needs to be opened up for review.. This in part is why I bypassed you with my complaints.. well actually, thats wrong.. I did reply to the PMs I got with your warnings and removal from GC. I went to admin because the option was there and it was a meeting open to the entire community and you can see there in his post that he welcomed my input in this matter. I later put it here as I had later become convinced that this is subject material that the GW community needs to be away of openly and things like this need to stop being swept away and dismissed (much like the repots we make on posts that infringe or break the rules...which, by your own statements here happens quite frequently)

Edit:

I would also like to add that as a global mod you SHOULD care what other mods are doing .... just my opinion though I mean I have been a global mod of forums before and it kind of goes with the job.. well, if you want to make sure the job is done properly and not skim everything and just pick out a few here and there to moderate and issue warnings too.. but I guess that is just MY work ethic..
Last edited by WoofyBear on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
Osiris™ wrote:

ZERO
Spoiler
Empy
Derper

WoofyBear wrote:I have valid points I would like to make to the ombudsmen about the moderators. As I have stated in previous posts the (for further clarity) was meant as background information for the Ombudsmen. I have repeatedly asked JT to remove himself and his spam from this thread and I kindly ask a moderator to remove him from this thread as it is meant for the purpose of lodging what I feel are valid complaints.

I realize that mods sometimes tend to get a bit twitchy when it is suggested they do their job.. but could someone please encourage Jedi Tank to refrain from further spamming this thread and trying to derail it?

his comments about my post (SPECIFICALLY meant as background material for the ombudsmen, was not wanted, needed, or even useful in more than a very moderate way and in almost no way contributed to this thread in a valid wait and seems to be the nothing more than spam spilling over from the war thread.
The only staff members who have permission to moderate in this section are the Ombudsman, so no Mods can do anything here (except in massively extenuation circumstances which these are not).

WoofyBear wrote:Actually Empy, look at Jt's comments here in THIS thread.. he refers to me directly as Tekki... That right there as well as his reference and replays to my posts in the war thread and his respons to me as well as PMs from him to me in game tells you that he is calling me Tekki and insulting me... Come on.... if you are going to mod then it is common practice to actually read the threads you are supposed to mod and respond to all infractions...
Are you saying him calling you Tekki is a personal insult? I don't understand. Or are you saying since he is calling you Tekki then any insult he or others make in general reference to Tekki and you personally should be in actuality considered as being directed to you personally?

WoofyBear wrote:If points had actually been given out for each time they posted an insult towards me (while referring to me as Tekki) then several of them would have been banned... the fact that they haven't proves my point... In a way, yes, it is my business to know if posts I read and report are actually being responded to and mods are doing their job... I report off topic posts and other infractions to make your job easier, not to do it for you.
As I said, I read posts and determine whether or not they're against the rules. These general blanket claims are things I cannot respond to.

And no, it's none of your business. If users receive a warning for breaking the rules is between them and the Mods.

WoofyBear wrote:Me, Biased?? no, I am just pointing out things that i see as obvious.. and your reference about you not caring about what bmmj gave me a warning for..well... that kind of proves that there is a problem with the moderators.. you say that my mind immediately goes to insult over you putting "crap" in the subject line for the warnings you issued to me.. well, by the same note, BMMJ gave me warning/point for a QUESTION i asked someone and even pointed out it was a question!!!! his mind immediately jumped to "insult" and i got punished... who is right here? if you are right then bmmj is wrong....
You're biased because you only think in terms of "OE vs. DDE" as made clear by most of your posts here. DDE this, OE that. Who cares what their ingame alliance is? You've made it repeatedly clear you think DDE should be given more warnings and cite examples, yet you bring up no posts made by people from other empires/alliances.

And no, me not caring about something between you and BMMJ is not what's wrong with the Mods. I'm not BMMJ's boss. We're both Global Mods and we oversee separate sections. Whether or not the verbal warning he gave you was justified is none of my concern. That's between you and him, or you and the Admins. I can't speak to whether or not it was.

Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Alright. Everyone needs to take a few minutes off here.

Locked so I can catch up before this thread runs away from me. To be unlocked once I have an idea of everything that is going on here.

...*tries to find her notepad*
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Psyko
The Irresistible

After reviewing all of the details within the OP, I have come to the conclusion that much of what has been stated is above the purview of the Ombudsman's position on the forum.

The Ombudsman Team will be working with the forum staff regarding the warnings issued against WoofyBear. Nothing more than that.

Anything in relation to the war, the game, cheating, and/or anything else should be taken to the proper people. That is, Moderator Feedback or the Forum Admins regarding unfair treatment and the Game Admins for anything pertinent to Gatewars and in-game behavior.

Further posts/threads within the Ombudsman Section regarding anything but WoofyBear's warnings will receive a warning. I've lost my patience with the usual spammers.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

As mentioned before, the spam will stop. Now.
Consider this your final warning.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Juliette wrote:Population 1,813 [-X And they are known as Pusseins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussay

That is all the humoring for now. Huxley, moderator conduct is beyond the purview of our office, I am closing this thread. :)

*closed*

Allow me to reiterate for those who seem confused.

The Ombudsman. That is myself and Juliette. Do not have the power to address any issues of perceived bias on the part of the Forum Staff.

The most we can do regarding the staff is:
Look for corruption
Make recommendations to the Admins that a warning was incorrectly given to a user

That is it.

We found no evidence of corruption on Empy's part. That is handled.

Unless you have pertinent comments to make about WoofyBear's 3 warnings, stay out of this thread. I will not have the animosity of a war spread into the Ombudsman Section further than it already has.

If this is unclear, I can clear it up when I issue warnings.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular

I am not trying to be argumentative here for the sake of arguments. After talking to the Ombudsman about this and having a bit of time to cool down and get a bit of sleep, I would like to continue this conversation in what I hope will be more productive than the way it was before the thread was temporarily locked and to clarify my position on these things.

Empy wrote:I'm fairly sure your only complaint against me is that the word "crap" was in the subject line of the PM, and I can debunk that fairly easily. When I split the posts from the thread I indicate what the posts are for possible future filing purposes. For example "Topic name - spam" or "Topic name - insults" or in this case "Topic name - crap."

If you think that I added crap in the specific PM to you you're incorrect, when I click the "PM" button on a specific post to issue a verbal warning it quotes the name of the thread as the subject line which in this case contained crap. If you took that as a personal insult (and I don't see how you could) or as being disrespectful that's because you were looking for something to be a personal insult or disrespectful so when you read "crap" your brain just immediately interpreted it as such.

Sorry I couldn't understand the rest of the post I dunno if you had any other problems. If I remember correctly you received 1 Board Warning for abuse, 1 verbal warning spam, and 1 verbal warning for not respecting the English skills of others. If you have a problem with any of those then please feel free to let me know instead of going straight to Admin Jason and the Ombudsman.

I concede empy, and give you the benifit of the doubt and accept that you were not trying to insult me personally with "crap" being in the subject of your pm to me in the warnings. You have given what I believe is a fair and understandable reason for it being there after my challenge but there was no specific reason that was obvious in the PM for it being there. I choose not to pursue that particular complaint further.

I think that I put (in the post BMMJ warned me for) a fair and valid reason in my post about the reason WHY it was there INSIDE the post. I know that on this forum people constantly jump to conclusions and "have their defenses up" and some even try to twist your words so in MOST cases I try to leave no room for assumption on the meaning behind something I post. I had no hidden meaning behind what I posted and thought I made it perfectly clear to avoid confusion. I believe I have given a valid reason behind my question to Robert inside the post and yet in the PM I got from BMMJ he told me he gave me a warning SPECIFICALY because I put my reason for the question in the post.

BMMJ13 wrote:..... Your post was an insult, clearly evidenced by your posting at the end that it was not and just a question. I would of just edited it had you not admitted to knowing what you posted in the post.

After talking to Psyko, and thinking about things further, she explained how SOME people used to make comments and insults to people and then try to cover their butt by saying "just kidding" and pass it off as a joke.. I do NOT subscribe to this type of behavior and do not condone it. My post was meant to be read "as is" with NO hidden meaning and my comment at the bottom was for CLARITY only and not as a way to cover my butt. People jumping to the conclusion that it was an insult is their own doing and NOT my intention and as I have been given a warning for this and I have seen other examples of it on the forum I can understand even the mods having "their defenses up" on this. Also I do feel as if MY behavior is being judged by the "average" behavior of others and not on the merit of the post as it is clearly written and explained. I feel that my posts should be judged based on their own merit/flaws as they are written and explained rather than by the actions and posts of others.

After doing a bit of researching on the server in regards to something other subject I am preparing to post about in other sections I have an example of someone else asking this question of another person on the server. Please note that this person offered NO explanation for his question and was modded but the quote from this modded person was never removed from a following post... So yes, I see where he might be modded for that when people are automatically assuming the worst of everyone and not taking it into context that this person is simply grasping/asking for a reason for behavior that any reasonable person would suspect was exactly what was being asked based on the posts of the person being asked the question , and see that in this particular case i seems to be an insult (if you don't take into consideration that in this case also the person being asked the question was obviously "slow")and because there is no explanation of it actually being a question other than "???" , but I fail to see why when i CLEARLY put an explanation for my question in there that i believe completely explains the post. This was made last year and was not even modded. I feel that me being warned for this is not fair and someone trying to read in a double meaning into something that was meant to be "as is" is not appropriate or fair as this seems to be a case of ME being judged by the actions of others ASSUMPTIONS and not on my merit. I can understand how some people might be offended by a question about their physical or mental heath since these topics in some places are "taboo" to people that are not close friends or family, but these things can not be called abusive unless repeated multiple times in a different context, the same can be considered in many cultures by asking someone "what kind of job do you have". In London for example that is "taboo" and considered offensive and a double meaning way to find out how much money someone makes,but in most other places it is a question used as a conversation starter. Someone might take offense to a question of a personal nature but by no means is it an insult in my case, and I don't believe it was completely intended in the case below either(intended to be an insult).
dastupy wrote:
NanoBite wrote:Lithium, dont forget that ? what are you retarded or something ???? that was my wife playing this game .... I even had an IP exception ... did you had those while you were playing all those other accounts ?

I can't see why we should have an IP exception if he lives more than a 1000km away from me.

An IP exception allows interaction between players, without it you can hardly interact so that isn't the best argument. [-X

But apart from that, enjoy real and if what you said is true calling quits on this game was the right decision. :)

the link to the actual thread is here for clarification:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=185660&start=15

so yes, I understand why someone would be modded for THAT, which looks similar in a way to my complaint but is, in fact opposite. I clearly put a reason behind my question IN THE POST, which I feel is just as satisfactory as Empys explanation for "crap" being in the subject line of his warning to me. I feel that this example is what BMMJ assumed was happening because others tend to do double talk to "get away with things" but I do not as you can see if you read my posts anywhere on this forum. I state EXACTLY what I mean and in most cases try to explain it when I say it so there is no assumption about my meaning other than EXACTLY what i post.

There was even someone else further down in that thread that linked to the other thread (where my post is that BMMJ warned me for) to my answer to Robert's post that was located in another thread) proving my point that the question was valid by any reasonable person who was paying attention to the posters and their posts in sequence and not meant as an insult but a valid question considering the situation.

The word retardation and retarded, for that matter, are technical terms in the English lexicon to describe "slow" or someone with an IQ within a specific range as are "moron" and "imbecile" which ALSO can be used in as insults in modern "slang". With my SPECIFIC explanation within my post that this is NOT my intention I get warned.. this is not fair.

I feel that the post in explains itself exactly as it is without needing further explanation and is meant exactly as it is written and anyone assuming otherwise is incorrect. I challenge this warning completely as even BMMJ (who gave me the warning) says that it was BECAUSE I EXPLAINED MYSELF IN MY POST that I got the warning. I also feel that me having to explain BASICS of human and English speaking cultures is a bit silly. I feel that I am having to prove my innocence while being punished for something that has had only summary judgement by people who are making assumptions about my post based on a biased that my behavior is like others and not judged by the actual merit of my posts and automatically assume the worst of EVERYONE without fully reading or understanding the statements in the post or even the preceding posts (if posts are read in the sequence in which they were posted by the user in all threads) I understand that this can be a tedious task but THIS is what people signed up for when they take these voluntary positions. (in MY culture, which is English speaking by the way, these things are generally understood and need no explanation and people also understand that if they can not complete in full responsibilities they sign up for, they admit it and allow someone else to take the task or ask for/accept help in the execution of their responsibilities)

I have known many people who were mentally retarded and had mental illness of various sorts and know how to deal with them and what to expect from them when i KNOW they have a particular condition. I also know that if you do not ask a question you will not know the answer if you just base EVERYTHING on assumption. Yes, In the complaint below I made an assumption I was getting confirmation/an answer to my question which, while being bad science is not, when explained accurately in full context, an abusive/racist act.

The warning I got from Empy which was related to a post i made almost immediately after the one BMMJ warned me for but was DIRECTLY related to the challenged warning stated above, if anything this MIGHT have been partially off topic at worst and also I believe in all fairness if the average person actually reads the posts I made in the order i posted them, they will understand this fully but I see where someone who is only paying attention to only one thread and NOT all the posts I had made that evening would ASSUME it was more than what it actually was. So for clarification I guess looking back on it I should have posted a link to the question before I stated my assumption of answer. Also, clearly even if he is in any way retarded, this would NOT fall under the rules section regarding releasing someone's personal information as any reasonable person would draw this conclusion from reading reading the related posts made by this particular account if read in sequence of their posting.

I challenge this warning.

The "Engrish" comment. Yes, I will eat this one as it is difficult to explain my history with people not speaking English fluently and being able to understand most people (most of the time) who speak only a small amount of English. I will not challenge this warning.

I will The warning I got from Empy for spam... I fully admit that I and others in that thread made many off topic comments, most that I made were in reply to someone else's off topic comments, which i understand does not justify ME being off topic, however, the particular post that I was warned for was completely ON topic and I concede this point and fully accept the warning if one of the actual off topic posts is quoted or whatever in the warning and not a valid on topic post. I do understand that Moderating boards such as this with situations getting rather tense and people spamming quite a bit can get boring but accuracy is important. I guess I not longer challenge this warning but with stipulation.

To summarize all this:

I concede and no longer challenge two of the warnings/points but the two that are directly related i DO challenge.

I hope this clarifies my position and frustration in this matter as I have tried to explain it full and concisely so that any average reasonable person will understand this and the fact that no double meanings were intended or implied but the exact opposite of the "double meaning" was clearly stated.

I also do not wish to offend Empy or Bmmj or mean anything I have posted here as a personal attack against either of them in any way but my hope is that bmmj will understand how me accepting a reasonable explanation for my original complaint against Empy applies in a very similar way to my complaint against him. I formally apologize to both if I came off too harsh earlier in this topic and they were offended in any way as a result. Offending either of you was never my intention, only resolving what I feel was an injustice was my intent.

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
Osiris™ wrote:

ZERO
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible

I would like to clear up the information regarding your warnings. It took me a second look and a clear head to see everything in your case.

1) You only have 1 warning
2) This warning was issued by Empy.
3) That was for Language (Abuse/Racism) - stating that you suppose the person in question actually is/was retarded - this one you challenge
sidenote: This warning was issued before BMMJ saw your original question regarding retardation and issued his verbal warning to you.
4) The other warnings issued by BMMJ and Empy were Verbals and do not add "points" against your account.
a. This includes the Verbal for Spam, the Verbal for "Engrish", and the Verbal for the retardation question

As to the stipulations for the Spam Verbal...
I can tell you I have never heard of a user note being edited. It may not be possible. Though notes could be added to provide an alternate post as an example. Really though, the Verbal does not count against you, and, as you admitted to being off topic within the thread in question, I do not see the importance of swapping out which quote is mentioned. Most mods merely look at the notes and not the quotes; those are usually examined by the Ombudsman during an appeal, or the GMs/Admins when looking into a user's dispute of a warning.

Now, given the nature of your actual board warning, the one where you did not merely ask a question, but made a statement as to the mental capacity of another forum user, I find that you will need to provide a slightly different clarification for making that post than you did in regards to BMMJ's comments about you questioning the person's mental capacity, as that has no bearing on the post in question.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular

Psyko wrote:I would like to clear up the information regarding your warnings. It took me a second look and a clear head to see everything in your case.

1) You only have 1 warning
2) This warning was issued by Empy.
3) That was for Language (Abuse/Racism) - stating that you suppose the person in question actually is/was retarded - this one you challenge
sidenote: This warning was issued before BMMJ saw your original question regarding retardation and issued his verbal warning to you.
4) The other warnings issued by BMMJ and Empy were Verbals and do not add "points" against your account.
a. This includes the Verbal for Spam, the Verbal for "Engrish", and the Verbal for the retardation question

As to the stipulations for the Spam Verbal...
I can tell you I have never heard of a user note being edited. It may not be possible. Though notes could be added to provide an alternate post as an example. Really though, the Verbal does not count against you, and, as you admitted to being off topic within the thread in question, I do not see the importance of swapping out which quote is mentioned. Most mods merely look at the notes and not the quotes; those are usually examined by the Ombudsman during an appeal, or the GMs/Admins when looking into a user's dispute of a warning.

Now, given the nature of your actual board warning, the one where you did not merely ask a question, but made a statement as to the mental capacity of another forum user, I find that you will need to provide a slightly different clarification for making that post than you did in regards to BMMJ's comments about you questioning the person's mental capacity, as that has no bearing on the post in question.

The warning/point or whatever I got that Empy gave me due to me making my assumption about Roberts current mental state is directly related to the one BMMJ gave me which I believe is fully explained. If we are not as players allowed to make assessments of peoples current state be it physical mental social or emotional we are going no where as a society. There are examples in this section alone (and not necessarily in this particular thread) where mods themselves make assesment (judgement calls about people and their opinions of them) and their posts stand. They have also in my opinion and that of others that have posted in these threads and people I have spoken to) belittling to the uses and in no way appreciable polite and yet these also stand.

I do not feel that this is fair and just that the mods are allowed to do this with everyone over a few post on one page (make a judgement call about others "condition" or rather "opinion of their condition") and yet after me reading over 100 pages of a thread in which Robert posts I am not allowed to make my own opinion known when I feel I have asked a valid question and pretty much gotten my answer by seeing the same pattern of behavior occurring.

I maintain that my question was valid, it could be interpreted as rude but apparently rudeness is not against the rules here. Stating an outright insult or reviling private information about someone that they themselves have not relieved publicly in this forum is.. I have broken no rule is this. I have conceded that two of the 4 have merit in some form or another. I disagree completely with the two I am contesting. I can point out a post in Empy's feedback where someone actually called him a "tard" which i would consider an insult as it is a slang derivative of the TECHNICAL term I used when asking my question and then making my opinion known based on the response I got.. However, he, as with examples you gave me in chat covered it up with an emoticon as if saying it was a joke. This in MY opinion is done to skirt a rule. My post was not and consideration of the full events should be considered. Just because Robert chose to respond to me in another thread does not mean I have not gotten, what in my opinion was his answer, by interpreting his actions after my post in which I posed my question to him.

I think my position is clear. I contest the warnings/points related to me asking Robert a question and then interpreting his actions as my answer and stating my opinion. If we can not state an opinion here then simple comments like "You losts 200 mil spies in 3 minutes.. you suck". Because that would be a judgement call would it not? Based, once again, on someone's actions.

I have read more in this section within the last few hours and have seen, what in my opinon, is further evidence of my opinion. I do not know 100% that Robert has a mental illness as I have not gotten a DIRECT response from him, however from reading his posts in this section alone when he was banned it is a safe assumption and now I feel I know better how to handle situations with him. It was not meant as an insult more of an interpretation of his actions and me using that to form my conclusion and stating my conclusion. Any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion given the same information of events. Since I made my assumption based on his actions and no outside information, I can not further be warned for relieving any private information about him publicly.

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
Osiris™ wrote:

ZERO
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”