Bann

Ombudsman Case Archives
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: Bann

Haz wrote:
Psyko wrote:Alright, now that I have had a chance to look closer into this matter...

Haz, I see nothing within the "we are family lyrics" post which could be seen as an insult. Which only leads me to believe you warned JT for spam.

Empy's post stated:
Any off-topic posts will receive verbals/board warnings as usual
Well, the usual would be to issue a verbal to that particular person before issuing a board warning. I see none of that in JT's user notes; a verbal for spam nearly 1 month prior does not count against the user. It looks like you may have skipped a step here.

If I am missing something, please fill me in.

His previous verbal warning was on August 20, exactly two weeks before my board warning.

Sorry, I was mildly unclear last night (yay migraines).

I meant you may have skipped a step as per the new guidelines on how Spam should be dealt with (found here: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=191827). These guidelines were approved by the Admins, and I have found no reference that the GC, despite it's special nature, should be treated differently than the rest of the forum.

~
Yes, I've gone against these new guidelines myself in the past, which was an oversight on my part; I had forgotten the new guidelines existed.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:This case was presented to the administration on the grounds that the warning issued for spam did not follow proper procedure and thus was invalid.

After looking into the matter, we agree that the warning be overturned. It should have been a verbal warning and not a board warning. That said, your warning count will now reflect this change.

However, your ban will remain in place for its remaining time period.
Before being banned you accumulated a total of 4 warnings, it requires 3 to be issued a ban. With this warning for spam being overturned you are left with 3 warnings in the last 6 months, which continues to validate the banning.

As of this moment, your ban will be lifted on september 16th

Thank you..ermmm, i am checking into rehab to help with withdrawal today :-D
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:You say you don't post on the forum, yet here you are.
People are free to come and go as they please on this forum. Do not tell people to go away, or point out that they should be away because of things said in haste. [-X If they *have* to be away, they are usually banned.. :)

I wasn't telling him to go away. I think I've had him say twice in PM that he doesn't come to forums anymore. All I meant was he is saying he doesn't come to the forums, but constantly goes against it. If he were to stay, that's good.Just saying that he has often said it, yet makes a liar of himself.

I think the last sentence of Haz going and doin what Jedi was "banned for" right after asked to stop by Juliette is proof right there of abuses and hypocrisy, and Jedi ban should be overturned.
Calling someone a liar, and getn off topic of Jedi's ban, proves his ban is Bull.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:
Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:You say you don't post on the forum, yet here you are.
People are free to come and go as they please on this forum. Do not tell people to go away, or point out that they should be away because of things said in haste. [-X If they *have* to be away, they are usually banned.. :)

I wasn't telling him to go away. I think I've had him say twice in PM that he doesn't come to forums anymore. All I meant was he is saying he doesn't come to the forums, but constantly goes against it. If he were to stay, that's good.Just saying that he has often said it, yet makes a liar of himself.

I think the last sentence of Haz going and doin what Jedi was "banned for" right after asked to stop by Juliette is proof right there of abuses and hypocrisy, and Jedi ban should be overturned.
Calling someone a liar, and getn off topic of Jedi's ban, proves his ban is Bull.

I said he was making a liar of himself, and told him that if he wished to appeal his warning, to make a new topic as this one was for Jedi's appeal. I was actually trying to bring it back to Jedis warning.

Also how is it proof of abuse and hypocrisy? Hypocrisy I can see where you are getting that from, but as mentioned before, I was trying to bring it back on topic. But abuse?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Psyko
The Irresistible

This is not the place for this discussion, Dexter and Haz.

The Ombudsman has fulfilled their promise to look into the warning Jedi wished to appeal. It has been changed to a Verbal warning. As he still has 3 warnings, his ban remains. Case closed.

~Psyko

Thread locked.
If anyone has issue with Haz's work as a Moderator, I suggest they discuss it in his Feedback thread (viewtopic.php?f=128&t=186888) or with the Administration.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Case Archives”